Profile for David Robert Jones > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Esprit Men's DP 5pkt Straight Jeans, Graphite Grey, W31/L32
Esprit Men's DP 5pkt Straight Jeans, Graphite Grey, W31/L32

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, but fade a little too fast, 6 Jan. 2016
I'm really happy with these. A lot of that has to do with them coming in 31" waist, which is often very hard to find.

I'm also don't like jeans to be too skinny or baggy and these are just right.

The material seems to be holding it's own, without sagging or stretching.
The colour did fade a little faster than I would have liked, as you can see from the picture. They are now more of a dark grey, than the almost black they were when I got them.

This was my fist purchase of Esprit jeans and in spite of the colour fade, I would happily buy again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

AmazonBasics Fade Resistant Towel Set, 2 Bath and 2 Hand - Royal Blue
AmazonBasics Fade Resistant Towel Set, 2 Bath and 2 Hand - Royal Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, high quality towel set, 6 Jan. 2016
I purchased these on a lightning deal, mostly to just check out the quality (and it never hurts to have extra towels). I washed them before use and was more than happy with the drying results.

I got the navy set and am happy that the colour has not faded after several washes at 60. The absorbency has also held solidly.

One thing I was surprised at was that the towels are actually branded "Amazon basics". You can see in the picture that it's clearly visible on the label, which might put some people off, but not me.

I'll certainly buy again
Comment Comment | Permalink

Stanley 130656N Pocket Tape 8m(26ft) x 25mm
Stanley 130656N Pocket Tape 8m(26ft) x 25mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust tape, which just works, 6 Jan. 2016
It's a solid tape, and does what you would expect it to. I've dropped mine plenty and it has had no effect on the recoil action. It's good value for money, when the quality is considered.

Thorogood Sports Men's Atomic Short Sleeve QuickDry Pro Training Top Blue Medium
Offered by SportsShopUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, tight fit, 11 Sept. 2015
For the price you can't really go wrong.

They material is good quality and does a good job at dealing with sweat. Also, it hasn't deteriorated at all in the washing machine. I haven't tumble dried so can't really comment on that.

A word of caution on size. I'm not a fan of baggy t-shirts but these are a bit tight around the chest. As a guide, I fit loose into a H&M medium, but the medium in these pinches a little under my arms. Go up a size for safety.

Two-Step Knife Sharpener
Two-Step Knife Sharpener
Offered by General Stores Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Very simple, and works very well, 11 Sept. 2015
I tend to buy pretty cheap knives so they don't keep their edge for too long. I've been keeping this in the knife drawer for the last few weeks and just giving each knife a couple of passes as need be.

I'm really happy with the result. It feels like all my blades are sharper than when i got them.

And remember, dull blades cause accidents, so keep them sharp.

AmazonBasics Sport In-Ear Headphones
AmazonBasics Sport In-Ear Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, lasting well, 27 July 2015
I've had these for a few months now and they are holding up perfectly. I wear them for hours at work and running/ cycling everyday. They firfit well and sound easily add good as a lot of high price brands over owned in the past. If they do eventually break, I'll be ordering the same again

Royal 297mm x 20m 90gsm Sovereign Natural Tracing Paper
Royal 297mm x 20m 90gsm Sovereign Natural Tracing Paper

5.0 out of 5 stars Good trace but heavy, 27 July 2015
This is really high quality but is closer to what I would call vellum trace (I know it's not vellum). Anyway, 90gsm is heavy so if you want light trace this isn't it. The product was great, my knowledge of paper weights, not so much

Duronic KS760 Slim Stainless Steel Design Digital Display 5KG Kitchen Scales with 2 Years FREE Warranty
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a home kitchen, 27 July 2015
I really like it. It's simple, clean and wellv enough designed that I'm happy to leave it out on the counter top in the kitchen. If you want to put it in a cupboard, it will take up practically no space. The zero function is simple to use and the high accuracy mode seems to work well.

AmazonBasics Shirt/Dress Hangers, Velvet - Black, Set of 30
AmazonBasics Shirt/Dress Hangers, Velvet - Black, Set of 30

5.0 out of 5 stars You can totally hang things up with these, 18 Jun. 2015
They are exactly as you would expect. I don't know about being particularly space saving as other have said but they are pretty slim and they do hold shirts and silky things well

WIFI 150MBPS WIRELESS ADAPTOR 802.11 B G N LAN NETWORK MINI USB DONGLE ADAPTER
WIFI 150MBPS WIRELESS ADAPTOR 802.11 B G N LAN NETWORK MINI USB DONGLE ADAPTER

5.0 out of 5 stars Low profile, plug and play, 18 Jun. 2015
Simple and unobtrusive. I worked by just plugging it into a windows 8 laptop. Speeds are fine

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5