Profile for SJSmith > Reviews

Content by SJSmith

SJSmith (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Post-it 15mm x 50mm Note Page Markers - Orange/ Green/ Yellow/ Pink/ Neon Pink (100 Sheets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for recipe books, 19 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Brilliant for planning recipes for the week when I don't want to keep turning the pages over. Use 1. colour per week. They're also long enough for a piece of writing - in school I can write on which teaching group is where in my books. Lovely pastel shades that suit red, green, blue and black ink.

Post-it Notes - Neon Rainbow Lined - 6 Pads Per Pack - 100 Sheets Per Pad - 152 mm x 102 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Approximately A6 in size, 16 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This are an outstanding size and such good value for money. I'd estimate these equate to A6 in size and therefore you get quite an amount of notes on, especially with them being lined. A great to-do list, a very detailed note for a colleague, a substantial shopping list or notes from a meeting. I also use this size for colleagues working with me in my lessons so they know what we're doing and who they're working with etc. Love the range of colours - they work well with blue, black, red and green pens and don't overwhelm the actual ink. I can't fault post-it notes generally but in particular these large lined ones are a firm hit with me.

Post-it Index Medium Plastic Dispenser - Purple (Pack of 50)
Post-it Index Medium Plastic Dispenser - Purple (Pack of 50)
Offered by Hellifield Office Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value but don't remove the cardboard backing, 16 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Do not take the backing off!! I made this mistake the first time I had the option to review these post-it index strips and I wasted a freebie, I'd have been gutted if I'd bought them. These are a nice shade of purple, not too dark in case you wish to write something on them, such as letters of the alphabet if you're using them for alphabetical indexing.

I use them for sections of books that I'm teaching with and have an assortment of colours. They're not as durable as the strong tabs in that they bend very easy but they suit my needs. I have text book upon text book with these index strips popping out of them!!!

Post-It Index Tabs - Assorted Pink Green and Orange
Post-It Index Tabs - Assorted Pink Green and Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sectioning books, 16 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are perfect for me. Colours exactly the same as the picture except for the pink which is a touch darker. I love these for text books at school (I'm a teacher) or anthologies so that I can index the sections I want without having to turn over pages or use big "normal" post-its. The area is enough to write a small piece of info (such as "next week") but nothing more than that but like I say I don't use them as such for writing on more for identifying a section in a book. The different colours can be used for me for different year groups or different classes so if I'm reading a book with a class I can index where I am with each teaching group. The actual flag part is very strong and does not seem as though it would easily be torn or bent and are much stronger than the ones that come in the plastic dispenser. The container for these flags is good and is a folded clear plastic wallet with one flag of each colour already out ready to use.

Venum Challenger 2.0 MMA Gloves - Black/Matte Black, Medium
Venum Challenger 2.0 MMA Gloves - Black/Matte Black, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars A tad too expensive but good comfort and fit, 16 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were selected as a free item to review mainly for my son although I knew they'd be slightly large. He uses my husband's old boxing gloves when "training" on his dad's freestanding punch bag in our garage and also likes sparring with him using a combination of Krav Maga (which his dad takes part in) and karate (which he takes part in). So I knew these wouldn't fit him properly but were designed to make him feel more comfortable whilst enjoying some dad time. They fit him perfectly on the wrist due to the double closure system. But because they needed a proper review and not from the eyes of an almost 7 year old only my hubby has worn them for two training sessions although they're a little on the tight side for him and he would've bought a large if it was a purchased item or had large been an option (we could only choose a medium). He said there was good protection and his hands felt comfortable, the closure was easy to do with the gloved hand and his thumb felt well protected. The only part he did struggle was on the second hand (with one gloved) was making sure his thumb had gone in properly. Good comfort on the punch bag and flexible fit. Only dropped a star because he couldn't quite see why they needed to be almost £45.

BIC Student Stationery Kit (Pack of 15)
BIC Student Stationery Kit (Pack of 15)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, 12 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pitched perfectly as a student stationery set as it encompasses every bit of kit needed to get started. Add in a pencil case and a ruler along with some highlighters and maybe a pair of scissors and you've got your secondary kids on the road to having their own equipment.

The set contents is detailed in the product description but initially I'd thought the graphite pencils were colouring pencils with them being attractively coloured but they're not.

Bic biro pens are great for writing with and I love the range of colours I just wish maybe there'd been a blue one as well, although there is in the retractable ball pens.

A nice piece of kit for anyone including the teachers who need this level of stuff daily. My pencil case is now fully stocked.

Rimmel London Magnif'eyes Double Ended Shadow and Liner, Queens of the Bronzed Age 1.6 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely application and stayed true to colour for several hours, 10 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Loved the way this looked when applied. The shadow went on like a dream and looks fab on fair/pale skin. The kohl part I applied to lower lashes but could easily be applied to upper lashes too. Very smooth and true to shade. Tried turning the shadow part and more colour on the brush comes out easily. Can be smudged well with finger and cotton bud and didn't bleed either.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Minecraft: The Survivors' Book of Secrets
Minecraft: The Survivors' Book of Secrets
by Mojang AB

5.0 out of 5 stars My 7 year old loved it, 10 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was reviewed by my almost 7 year old son who is discovering Minecraft. He's a good reader with only slightly above chronological reading age and he found it accessible. He liked the layout and design of the book and feels it has given him enough information for when he begins playing Minecraft. He liked the different pictures as well and said the cover of the book made it look like it was for older people.

I think this is a great book for anyone involved in Minecraft and is a decent price too.

Post-it "Flower SS" Sticky Notes
Post-it "Flower SS" Sticky Notes

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely design, 3 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a lovely design with a pretty pattern on them both. These are much better than the star shape ones where the pattern on the blue post-it was too dark for writing on it well. The pattern on these is subtle and I managed to use blue, black, red and green pens successfully. They're large enough to write a small note on and they stand out due to their shape. Sticky is sufficient for paper or for walls.

Post-it® Super Sticky Die Cut Star 150 Sheets
Post-it® Super Sticky Die Cut Star 150 Sheets

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pattern on the yellow but the blue a little dark - would depend what you were writing on it as to how well it stands out, 2 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Love Post-it notes so what was there not to love about the thought that these are star shape and they have patterns; I thought I'd love them but I don't love them enough for 5 stars. The yellow stars are pretty and the pattern goes with the shape (very nice) and the pattern on the back is subtle enough that when writing in blue, black, red or green ink the pattern doesn't distract from the note. The blue stars however are a bit different; because the colour is darker the pattern isn't subtle enough and it needed black ink rather than blue to be visible - my blue writing was just lost among the additional colour of the pattern. The shape itself is lovely, I often have post-it notes with children's names on them for their assessment folders and these provided just a slightly different image and looked good. Also good for short notes as they're a nice size for little reminders or because they're star shape you can leave "you're a star" type messages. So overall, love the yellow but not that keen on the blue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20