Profile for Joanie Mack > Reviews

Content by Joanie Mack

Joanie Mack (Fort William SCOTLAND)

Rangers: Triumphs, Troubles, Traditions
Rangers: Triumphs, Troubles, Traditions
by Ronnie Esplin (ed) Graham Walker (ed)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Reading, 23 May 2010
A really enjoyable book, broken into four sections. I bought it particularly for the first and second sections - firstly on the misinformation surrounding the 'trouble' at the UEFA cup final of 2008 and was pleased to read a much more balanced account of the whole event, secondly about the unfair media attention meted out to the Rangers support for their choice of songs and chants. Again I found this to be more balanced than I'm used to from the scottish media. I particularly like the third area - personal stories of what Rangers mean to people - be they supporters, home and abroad or even an opposing fan. Finally some legends tell us their stories and a full history is given of Sam English, whose life was tarnished by a tragic onfield accident. I just wish non Rangers supporters could be made to read it too and get a more balanced view.

Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer in Gloss White with Liquidiser
Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer in Gloss White with Liquidiser

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price., 5 April 2009
I've had 2 food processors over the last 20 years but didn't really want another, as I generally only used it to beat, whip and create crumb bases. Ideally I wanted a good mixer with a stand,that could do large quantities and on checking out reviews, although more expensive Kenwood Chefs always seemed to be what I needed. I have to say the cost was quite a thought but having made the decision I don't regret it at all. I've used it for various different quantities and recipes since receiving it and it does a great job. I'm very glad it has the splashguard as without it I think it would be messy. Excellent buy.

Sony KDL-32V4000 - 32" Widescreen HD Ready Bravia LCD TV (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 3 Mar. 2009
We bought this TV to replace our 19 year old panasonic crt. It was still working but at £349.99 for the Sony we felt it was too good an offer to miss out on. We haven't been disappointed at all. It was a dawdle to set up for TV(we can't get Freeview where we live), Sky, DVD and Wii and so far we've been delighted with picture and sound quality.