Profile for Bilbo Baggins > Reviews

Content by Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins (Stratford-upon-Avon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bosch PLR 15 Digital Laser Measure (Measuring up to 15 m)
Bosch PLR 15 Digital Laser Measure (Measuring up to 15 m)

5.0 out of 5 stars The hold facility - where you "freeze" a measurement is terrific., 21 Oct. 2015
How did I manage using just a tape measure.
It takes away the need for help when measuring things.
Its an invaluable item when you are planning jobs.
The hold facility - where you "freeze" a measurement is terrific.

AVAX 50DL - Finger Pulse Oximeter - %SpO2 (Blood Oxygen Saturation) & Heart Rate Monitor - COPD - with Instructions, Lanyard & Carry Case (in RETAIL PACKAGING) - (BLACK)
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

5.0 out of 5 stars Its quick and easy to use, 21 Oct. 2015
Its quick and easy to use. I use it at least once a day and my family at least twice a week. Friends also use it when they come round for tea. A great conversation piece.

Omron M3 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron M3 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Offered by Miller Medical Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Its simple and quick to use. You just pop ..., 21 Oct. 2015
Its simple and quick to use. You just pop the arm band on and 15 sec later you have your blood pressure. We are using it a lot more than we thought.

Magnus
Magnus
by Claire Shorrock

5.0 out of 5 stars The drawings are nice and the story moves along quickly, 21 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Magnus (Hardcover)
Its a lovely book suitable for small children.
The drawings are nice and the story moves along quickly.
Everyone should have a copy to their grandchildren at bedtime.

Paterson Triple Timer :
Paterson Triple Timer :
Offered by RK Photographic

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent timer, 5 Jun. 2015
A great little timer.
Simple to set up and easy to use.
A really useful timer if you need 3 stages timing concurrently.
I mostly use mine for analogue photography but I also use it in cooking.
My previous timer lasted about 10 years - so they are pretty reliable.

SureFlap DualScan Microchip Cat Flap, White
SureFlap DualScan Microchip Cat Flap, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous - why didn't we buy one sooner, 4 Nov. 2014
We have for some time being bothered by other cats visiting our house. I'm OK with them helping themselves to our cat nibbles but they also sprayed everywhere and scared the heck out of our two very timid female cats.
This cat door has stopped the visitor problem completely.
Our two timid females are less scared and stressed, now behaving much more normally.
After a couple of days, they even managed to pluck up the courage to use it to go in and out to the garden although they initially were put off by the noise it makes to allow them to go through.

We chose this two way lock model after seeing a BBC program about cats, where some outside cats were able to open the one way lock model by lifting the door outwards towards the garden.

Fitting it was a piece of cake and programming it to each of our cats took about 15 seconds per cat.

I cannot think why we did not buy one so much sooner.

TP-LINK TL-PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars work really well - I have bought more, 12 Jan. 2013
I am amazed how well these things actually work
There is no setting up procedure.
Just plug them in to the device you want to connect and plug them in to a mains plug - and away you go
Its as simple as that.
The Wi-Fi coverage around my house is rather "ify"
So I thought I would try a pair of these for my Smart TV as I was effectively unable to watch i-Player using a Dongle - the buffering was almost constant.
I bought a pair of these units, plugged one into the router and the other in to the TV and I have been watching i-Player in HD without any interruptions for well over two months now.
In fact I have been so impressed with these units, that I have bought 4 more and intend to use then to connect all the other computers and laptops in our house with them, and do away with the long Ethernet Cables we have trailing about the house

There is a power saving mode on the units, so when not in use they switch themselves to stand-by to save power, although even when running at full power they stay fairly cool to the touch - so cannot use much power even in their high powered mode

Staedtler Lumocolor Whiteboard Marker 351 WP4 Bullet Tip - Assorted Colours (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Prens to Use, 12 Jan. 2013
Good quality Pens
The Pen Tip is narrow - so you can draw fine lines
Hold the Pen at an angle to the Board and you can draw broad lines
The colours are strong and stand out very well on a white board
The Pen Caps come on and off with a satisfying well sealed click - which means they are well sealed, should avoid drying out so should stay working for a good while.
I have had cheaper pens where the cap doesn't seem to seal anything like as well and they have dried up so become useless very quickly
I would recommend these pens to anyone in search of decent white board marker pens

B+W filter 091M SH 67,0
B+W filter 091M SH 67,0

5.0 out of 5 stars Very High Quality Filter, 12 Jan. 2013
This review is from: B+W filter 091M SH 67,0 (Camera)
The 029 Dark Red Filter is a significantly deeper red than the standard B+W 025 Red Filter or its Hoya equivalent
The Multi Coating used by B+W is as least equal to or better than anyone elses multi-coating, no matter what label they give it
B+W use Brass as the metal in their Filter Ring - just like it is used in Lens construction which means it is less likely to bind or jam the filter to the lens as the temperature changes.
The Schott glass used is Optical quality
Using a deep red filter can produce unusual effects in photographs - which may not be to everyone's taste
But, if you have need of a Deep Red (029) filter - these Multi-Coated B+W ones are the best in the market
Unless you drop it from a height or loose it, you will have a Filter that will last for a very long time.

GUIDE DOG FAMILY ORGANISER PLANNER OFFICIAL UK 2013 SQUARE WALL CALENDAR BRAND NEW & FACTORY SEALED
by GUIDE DOGS
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Family Organiser, 12 Jan. 2013
We have used a Guide Dogs Family Organiser for several years.
It hangs on the wall in the kitchen and everyone puts their "things to do" on it
The hand drawn pictures are always light hearted and fun.
Its a joy to look at
Money raised from selling the Family Organiser goes to supporting The Guide Dogs charity

Page: 1 | 2 | 3