Profile for Danielle > Reviews

Dvd ~ Zeke Norton
Offered by FILMNIGHT

4.0 out of 5 stars *Potential Spoilers Below*, 24 Feb. 2014
Dare I say it, a slightly below average Barbie DVD :(

It starts off like an underwater version of “Tangled” with a young girl with magical powers stuck far away with her “Aunt” dreaming of the city, it ends up becoming at least the 4th Barbie DVD to do the whole poison the king and seize the throne type thing. The Bad guys really need to come up with a new plan!

Don’t get me wrong I still enjoyed it and there is a lot to like here but I just couldn’t shake off the nagging feeling that I’d seen all this before, I hope the next one is a tad more original.

Keep on Dancing
Keep on Dancing

4.0 out of 5 stars Mp3, 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Keep on Dancing (MP3 Download)
Decent song, but this mp3 crackles on the high bit when she sings the line “shining just as bright as a star” nothing major just a little irritating to my adult ears.

Barbie in the Pink Shoes - Includes Barbie Charm Bracelet [DVD]
Barbie in the Pink Shoes - Includes Barbie Charm Bracelet [DVD]
Dvd ~ Owen Hurley
Offered by SweetBuzzards

5.0 out of 5 stars <3 Barbie, 22 Mar. 2013
I'm loving how the Barbie movie franchise keeps going from strength to strength, after the awesome Popstar movie we move on to a more old skool style Barbie offering but done with great quality and attention to detail.

Loved the story, they certainly crammed a lot in! But basically it's a journey back in time to a dreamlike magical realm where the strict ballet teacher morphs into the Snow Queen.

I think some ballet knowledge would probably help before you watch this. I'm no ballet aficionado, in fact all my ballet knowledge comes from previous Barbie DVDs but your family might enjoy it more if they know a few of the stories/characters or seen the Barbie DVDs from Swan Lake, Nutcracker etc beforehand. (note to self: read the story of Giselle before second viewing)

It's probably the funniest Barbie DVD to date too, I LOL'd a few times.

On the whole very pleased with it, already looking forward to seeing it again.

On Top of the World
On Top of the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 12 Mar. 2013
This review is from: On Top of the World (MP3 Download)
On Top of the World is one of my favourite Barbie songs! Very happy to finally be able to listen to it in full.

Barbie: The Princess and the Popstar [DVD]
Barbie: The Princess and the Popstar [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zeke Norton

5.0 out of 5 stars Woohoo!, 9 Sept. 2012
I must confess I was super excited about this DVD. Every previous Barbie Musical has been top notch and Barbie Princess and the Pauper just happens to be my absolute favourite! So I'm really pleased to report that this modern remake turned out to be everything I was hoping for. All new story, plenty of girly pop songs, (watch out for a new version of a classic from the original) loads of beautiful outfits and all round Barbie cuteness.

EDIT: Having seen this about 4 times now (and loving every minute) it's rapidly becoming my number one Barbie DVD! I just love it so much!!!

Zap Barbie Mono Single Duvet
Zap Barbie Mono Single Duvet
Offered by antasia

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Poor!, 7 Mar. 2012
I'm going to avoid all 100% polyester microfibre duvet sets from now on. Its so slippery the duvet just doesn't stay in place.

Barbie 'Pop Art' Single Duvet
Barbie 'Pop Art' Single Duvet
Offered by Beautifeye

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Poor!, 7 Mar. 2012

Dvd ~ Braceface
Offered by I-Deal Media

3.0 out of 5 stars The UK gets short changed again., 3 May 2011
I Stumbled upon Braceface while channel hopping one lazy Sunday morning and it quickly become a weekly treat I looked forward too; sadly all too soon it disappeared from the schedules never to be seen again. :(

Anyway fast forward a few years and I came across this DVD and it was like reuniting with an old friend, very excitedly I bought it.

So why only 3 stars? Nothing to do with the show of course, I was just disappointed the two UK released Braceface DVDs contain so little! Just the 4 episodes each and no bonus features what so ever.

I did some searching around and now my recommendation to UK Braceface fans would be to buy the two German releases instead (Braceface Staffel 1 & Braceface Staffel 2) If you can live with navigating through the German menus to the English audio selection you can enjoy a lot more Braceface for your money, a total of 26 episodes!

I was able to import both of them for under £5 each and of course no compatibility problems as they're the same region 2 type DVDs as we use here.

A much better option than these UK dvds.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2015 2:34 PM GMT

Dvd ~ Braceface
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars The UK gets short changed again., 3 May 2011
I stumbled upon Braceface while channel hopping one lazy Sunday morning and it quickly become a weekly treat I looked forward too; sadly all too soon it disappeared from the schedules never to be seen again. :(

A much better option than these UK dvds.

Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD]
Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Lau

4.0 out of 5 stars A New Direction?, 24 Sept. 2010
As a massive fan of all the previous Barbie DVDs I'm really disappointed by Mattel's decision to axe Kelly Sheridan as the voice of Barbie and their move away from the classic princess stories towards more modern and fashion oriented tales.

The film was still enjoyable but to me a modern day Barbie film (with loads of twitter/facebook references) can never produce the same magical charm as a classic princess story and the warm fuzzy feeling at the end wasn't nearly as big as in previous offerings.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2010 3:20 PM GMT