Profile for Olympia Binewski > Reviews

Content by Olympia Binewski

Olympia Binewski (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Freak Scene® Pali-scarf multicolour, colourful ° PLO scarf ° 40x40 inch ° Pali Palestinian Arafat scarf ° 100% cotton - red-orange-yellow-green-blue-purple
Offered by FREAK BUTIK (Preise inkl. MwSt. Widerrufsbelehrung & Kundeninfo unter Verkäufer-Hilfe)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love these!, 18 July 2016
I've bought three of these now - a plain black one, and two batik ones in different colours. The multi coloured ones are particularly unusual and I really love them. The quality is very good too; they're made of quite thick cotton unlike most keffiyehs that you find in markets and such, which are thin and tear easily.

Tip: on a hot day, wet your scarf a little. It stays damp for hours and keeps you cool (this is actually one of the things that keffiyehs are specifically designed for).

D'Addario J55 Phosphor Bronze Medium  (.010-.023) 5-String Banjo Strings
D'Addario J55 Phosphor Bronze Medium (.010-.023) 5-String Banjo Strings
Offered by RST Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous sound, 11 Jan. 2016
Lovely bright, clear sound, and the strings feel good to play on too. Very happy!

Depeche Mode: Tour Of The Universe - Barcelona 20/21:11:09 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Depeche Mode: Tour Of The Universe - Barcelona 20/21:11:09 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Depeche Mode

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Jan. 2016
Fantastic show, and the extras are good too.

LONG Pile Fun Faux Fur Fabric Material BLACK & WHITE MIX
LONG Pile Fun Faux Fur Fabric Material BLACK & WHITE MIX
Offered by Swincraft2

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 11 Jan. 2016
Absolutely thrilled with this faux fur! Using it as trim on a jacket, and it's fabulously glam.

Sahel: The End of the Road (Series in Contemporary Photography)
Sahel: The End of the Road (Series in Contemporary Photography)
by Sebastiao Salgado

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and distressing, but beautiful too, 11 Jan. 2016
Salgado is a master of the portraying humanity in its purest, more raw and vulnerable form, and that skill is probably best demonstrated by his work in the Sahel. The images of the famine are distressing, yet there's a pervasive preservation of dignity throughout; along with his exposé of suffering and death, there are surprising moments of joy and innocence too.
The End of the Road serves as both an artistic exhibition as well as an uncompromising editorial on a human catastrophe that's difficult for most westerners to comprehend. Salgado's distinctive black and white imagery bore stark and painful but dignified witness to a tragedy that the world needed to see, and even now, decades later, still remains relevant. A stunning and deeply moving collection of photography.

Gekko Body Jewellery Surgical Steel Plain Labret / Monroe Bar Piercing - 1.2mm x 8mm
Offered by Gekko Body Jewellery

1.0 out of 5 stars Very low quality, 11 Jan. 2016
Poor quality. I can't even get the ball off.

The Salt of the Earth DVD
The Salt of the Earth DVD
Dvd ~ Sebastião Salgado

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for photography lovers, 11 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Salt of the Earth DVD (DVD)
Anyone who has delved into portrait photography will be familiar with Salgado's work, but it's especially interesting to hear the man speak about his own images, telling the stories behind some of his most striking and heart wrenching photos that we are already familiar with. A beautiful, sensitive and intelligent man whose compassion for the human condition is as endearing as his work. I originally rented this title but decided I needed to own it, as it's definitely worth multiple viewings. A must have for any lover of photography, as well as anyone with an interest in the work of organisations like Doctors Without Borders.

Tamrac Evolution 9 Sling Rucksack - Black
Tamrac Evolution 9 Sling Rucksack - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The Narnia of camera backpacks, 26 Aug. 2015
I searched high and low for a camera bag that will fit my 17" MacBook Pro that is:

A: not hideously ugly; and
B: not absolutely enormous.

While I'd only rate the aesthetics of this bag at around 6/10 (why are camera bags always so macho looking? Why can't we just have something minimalist with nice simple lines? Sigh), the storage is superb. I primarily shoot live music, and purchased this specifically for when I'm shooting music festivals and need to take my laptop, two gripped Canon 5D bodies, a few lenses (including a telephoto), as well as laptop cables, battery charger, BlackRapid double camera strap, small toiletries bag, a few bags of peanuts and cereal bars, a light jacket and hat, and a few other bits and pieces that you invariably need when shooting big open air festivals. Somehow I managed to get all of that into this bag, which isn't monstrously large, and stows away easily under the tables in a press tent. The exterior of the bag also has plenty of loops for carabiners to attach additional odds and ends.

Obviously it is pretty heavy, but that's a given when you're carting around that amount of gear. Overall I'm very happy with it; the amount of stuff I manage to cram into it is astounding. Despite the weight of everything, it's sturdy and comfortable to carry, and I imagine it'll serve me well in the years to come.

Datacolor Spyder5PRO Colorimeter with USB Connector
Datacolor Spyder5PRO Colorimeter with USB Connector

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable monitor calibration, 26 Aug. 2015
I shoot for several magazines so colour fidelity is essential for me, as colours on an uncalibrated monitor can be unpredictable when working with something that's ultimately headed for the printers, and I obviously want my work to look as good as possible. Datacolor's Spyder units are well known in the photography and film industries (my main line of work) for their quality, so I figured I'd buy one for my Macs at home.

Oddly, the product doesn't come with an installation disc, but rather a link to download software. Not a major issue, but a slightly odd thing to encounter. I downloaded the software, but was initially unable to install it, as the installer kept crashing. I emailed Datacolor's technical support - 12 hours later I've yet to have a response, which doesn't exactly make a great impression; but anyway, I figured I'd try re-downloading the software and that did the trick, as the installer then worked fine.

The actual calibration process is very simple and pretty quick. The software basically runs a wizard and all you have to do is occasionally click or make adjustments to your monitor controls. Once done, it saves the calibration data as a profile on your computer. Simple.

Medipaq? Non-Slip Gripper Roll - Over 11,600 cm2 - ULTIMATE Extra Thick 400 gsm Floor, Mat, Tray, Drawer Grip - 100's of Other Household and In-Car Uses! (Black)
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 27 Oct. 2014
I have a long runner rug in my laminate-floored hallway, which is constantly being knocked about by my two extremely energetic cats. Re-arranging the rug and moving it back into position was something I found myself doing several times a day, so I figured I'd give this a go, despite being a little sceptical. To my surprise, it really works - I've had it for a week now, and have only had to shift the rug once or twice in that time, and even then, only a tiny adjustment, as opposed to the 30cm+ movements I'd had to make before. It really is doing a great job of keeping the rug in place, despite my crazy cats still tearing up and down the hallway at full speed.

Delivery was extremely fast - I received the item the day after ordering it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5