Profile for Mr. M. AYRES > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. AYRES

Mr. M. AYRES "mayres1975" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Bad Lieutenant [DVD]
Bad Lieutenant [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage

4.0 out of 5 stars Massive Surprise, 17 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Bad Lieutenant [DVD] (DVD)
I have to say I am really not a fan of Nicolas Cage and have wondered for many years how he keeps getting acting rolls, 'Knowing' being the worst film I think I've ever seen. But now I eat my words, this was a massive surprise. The script, filming, storyboard, score, and even the acting, yes the acting of Nicolas Cage, is all excellent. Dark, twisted humour expertly placed together to give us top quality entertainment. There are some actors who have a roll made for them, Arnold Schwarzenegger - Terminator, Sylvester Stallone - Rocky, Sigourney Weaver - Ripley, etc etc. This is Nicolas Cage's roll, he owns it, and owns it extremely well. Yes this may be a remake of the 1992 film of the same name, but for once this seems to be a remake well worth doing, and well worth watching.

The Best of Business Card Design: No. 6
The Best of Business Card Design: No. 6
by Blackcoffee

2.0 out of 5 stars WAY OUT OF DATE, 13 Oct. 2010
I didn't realise when I purchased this that it was actually printed in 2004, now that may only be 6 years ago, but the design world moves very quickly indeed. It's always good to have these kind of book hanging around your studio for inspiration, but this has very little. Back in 2004 this was probably really nice work, well done and expertly finished, but now it just looks old and dated. If it's inspiration your looking for, look else where. :(

Kick-Ass [DVD] [2010]
Kick-Ass [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Aaron Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 11 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Kick-Ass [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
All this review needs is a smiley face so, :) there you go. haha quality.

The Disappearance of Alice Creed [DVD]
The Disappearance of Alice Creed [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gemma Arterton
Offered by wantitcheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars WHERE DID THIS COME FROM :), 11 Oct. 2010
Wow, never really expected much from this film, low budget brit thriller, and wow does it come up trumps. There are only 3 actors in the whole film which I never realised until nearing the end, just going to shown the quality of acting involved. I was kept glued the whole way through. Some of what happens in predictable but the whole film itself was so enjoyable I can forgive that. This film left me feeling great and actually wanting to see more. yes, more like this please :)

Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 11 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Dark Horse (Audio CD)
Never really been a big fan of Nickelback, they seem to have an bit of an anti following around my mates but after hearing "If Today Was Your Last Day" I thought sod it I'm gonna try them, and very glad I did. Quality! :) Excellent lyrics and vocals, almost all of their songs are catchy, just what I needed.

Hell Ride [DVD] [2008]
Hell Ride [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Larry Bishop

1.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A PILE OF ????, 8 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Hell Ride [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Waste of money and most importantly my time. When will directors realise this kind of 'trying way to hard to be cool' films are so old hat, everything about this film was awful. Pulp Fiction was like 15 years ago, get over it, move on, do something new/different/anything but this mundane rubbish. This was so painful to watch that after 30mins I started flicking forward and still got the story. Utter trash, awful acting, terrible script writing, Bikes, babes and guns do not always equal cool, this fails on every single level.

This Is War [DVD]
This Is War [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristian Fraga
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Brave soldiers, stupid politicians., 6 Oct. 2010
This review is from: This Is War [DVD] (DVD)
This is a very different view point to the Iraq war, told and filmed by one of the US soldiers. It's a great illustration of how these young men and women are put in stupid locations to fight stupid wars by the most stupid politicians. All was going fine until we suddenly realised that removing a countries army, police, and local govenors, leaves a very big hole, and one that a conquering army can not fill. Have we learnt nothing from history, the Romans were succesful because the left a country's infrastructure intact so that it causes less problems, so what did we do in Iraq? Like I said before, stupid politicians.

Very good film, well worthy of your time.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2010 5:16 PM GMT

Teenage Dream
Teenage Dream
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars SECRETLY ADDICTIVE, 28 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Teenage Dream (Audio CD)
Right, first things first pop is not my type of music at all, but my wife got this and it's been playing a while now, and secretly I actually play this while she's not in haha, not that I tell her :?

Very well written, catchy and some rather soulful tunes. I'm not a fan of all the tunes but I have to say that at least 5 are absolutely fantastic and for them alone I'm giving it 5 stars. Looks like my taste in music is changing arghhh but for now I will keep that secret. Has Katy Perry has converted a rocker? well, maybe not, but I have realised that if music is well done then it passes the boundaries of styles.

Classic British Jets - Tsr2 [DVD]
Classic British Jets - Tsr2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Classic British Jets

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT DOCU, 15 Sept. 2010
Excellent, and quite sad at the same time. How a government can be this stupid is beyond me, oh no, hold on, we have another now lol. One of the most remakable aircraft ever built, scrapped before it had even entered service. Scapping this plane pretty much destroyed the UK aviation industry in one foul swoop. Very very sad indeed. This DVD should be watched, very well made indeed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2011 2:08 PM GMT

Classic British Jets- Lightning [DVD]
Classic British Jets- Lightning [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure Lightning, 15 Sept. 2010
Excellent documentary of the amazing Lighting. Covers right from concept to retirement but the only thing this DVD lacks is just some amazing footage of the lighting itself, don't get me wrong, there's plenty of footage but none that just blow your mind or of the noise this stunning bird makes. I lived at Binbrook when 5 and 11 squadrons were based there and the one thng I miss is the noise of those 2 Avon engines as it takes off. On the whole this is a great DVD but just lacks a bit of wow factor which this plane had amples of.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9