Profile for GsyMoo > Reviews

Content by GsyMoo

GsyMoo (Guernsey Channel Islands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Rock Fall Texas II Brown Non Metallic Lightweight Safety Rigger Boot (9)
Rock Fall Texas II Brown Non Metallic Lightweight Safety Rigger Boot (9)
Offered by Tiger Safety

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 2 Feb. 2015
I've been wearing these boots daily for work (electrician) for 14 months now.
Sadly the soles have worn through (wet feet) so away they go but they have been the most comfortable riggers I've had.

Fitting is excellent. I prefer a wider fitting boot and find many other brands simply too narrow in the toe, these however have been a perfect fit in my normal size Eur44. At first one of the boots was a little tight over the top of the foot, but a tin of dubbin soon fixed this. I haven't even needed boot socks, just normal thick cotton.

Being composite (no steel) they are not as cold to pull on in winter and relatively light to wear.

The soles are soft and pliable so if you walk a lot they are great, nearly as good as proper walking boots. Slight downside is you can feel the bumps a bit on rubble, but I'd rather have these softer soled that don't kill my feet.

The uppers are a lot more supple than many brands, and were improved still further by the application of an entire tin of dubbin and leaving somewhere warm for a week or 2.

Stitching is mostly double and there have been no frays or breaks.

The lining is warm enough for winter but wicks enough moisture away so I have been able to wear them all through summer too.

Negative - The lining pulled out from the bottom of the boots after a couple of weeks (glue let go) staying attached at the top, so they sometimes trap your foot in the boot making them a bit tricky to get off. So long as you shove it back in straight the boot is no problem to pull on again but this really is a significant build quaility issue and the reason why I'm only giving 4 stars not 5.

Those issues considered they would still have been my first choice for new boots, if the local supplier had had any in Stock.

F18 Carrier Landing II Pro
F18 Carrier Landing II Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Best!, 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: F18 Carrier Landing II Pro (App)
I already have two of the proceeding games on my ageing XOOM and I am both surprised and delighted that everything about this game is better, nicer, smoother, faster, prettier and more realistic than the previous versions.
The VTOL aircraft are a nice addition, as is the fact that you can run out of fuel.
The challenges are interesting and, well, challenging with a spot of poor weather able to make the most straightforward approach a real handfull.
No shooting stuff up in this one, that's the ANF version.
Maverick Out.

Dig & Play - Treasure Island
Dig & Play - Treasure Island

1.0 out of 5 stars CANNOT DIG AND PLAY! PPE REQUIRED!, 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Dig & Play - Treasure Island (Toy)
This game contains a block you are supposed to dig in to to reveal the treasure.
For some insane reason the game makers decided that, rather than using sand or some other granular material, they would use fine plaster i.e. the stuff they make the hard surface of house walls out of.

When we unpacked the game and tried to dig in to this brick of solid plaster (with the provided water colours brush and something resembling a plastic dinner knife) we did little more than scratch the surface and raise a fine dust which gave everyone a nasty cough.

Moving outside on this fine December day our son (4) tried to knock bits off with the hammer end of the 'knife', however a rock hard piece of plaster flicked off in to his eye, which predictably stung somewhat. Not a happy boy now him and Mum left me to swear at the block on my own.

As I could make no headway breaking this brick without metal tools and destroying the items helpfully ensconced inside I half filled a builders bucket with water and dissolved the plaster to a lumpy sludge in that.

Once released, the game could be played, substituting the hard block for a tin of well known brand of confectionary popular at this festive time of year.

Or, you could just play snakes and ladders and the winner could get all the Green Triangles.

The game concept itself isn't all bad, and if the game had been supplied with a take-away type container of sharps sand would have worked out of the box, but as the dice were in the bag in the treasure chest effectively encased in stone, I have to declare this game a big fat turkey.

I'll give a bonus point because the plastic money has Scull&Crossbones on it.

1/10

Faxx FTM 140 Trumpet Aluminium Adjustable Cup Mute with Copper Cup and Copper Bottom

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted to Copper!, 28 Feb. 2014
There are several nice features with this me.
Firstly it is visually stunning, with its polished copper base contrasting nicely with the shiny aluminium uppers. Very classy looking.
Another nice feature with this mute is the cup is removable so it can be used as a strait. The copper bottom gives it a much warmer tone than an all aluminium and you can put much more air without it sounding tinny. In straight configuration it blends nicely with premium brass bottomed mutes (such as Crown), and completely eclipses my all aluminium Wick straight.
But that's only the half of it.
With the cup and no felt the sound is again lovely. Great intonation and a real warmth of tone that doesn't disappear with volume, making my stonewall cup sound cold and hard in comparison. The real gem is with the felt fitted you can close the cup in to the bell as desired and get anything from soft cup to bucket sound. Absolutely beautiful for solo work for extra warmth and colour, or where you want to provide support under another soloist.
You can even close the cup right in and use it as a practice mute.
The build quality of the Faxx is fantastic and the cup can easily be adjusted with the left hand while playing.
The cup on its own can also be used as a plunger with the hand over the end.
This mute is no lightweight so with cup and felt fitted it is worth playing with the left hand supporting the bell and bottom, but I normally do anyway as it's easier to adjust the tone colour with a bit of touch on the mute.
Corks are soft and nicely grippy and did not require sanding or a file.
The only criticism is there is no soft collar at the top of the mute. I wrapped the top centimetre with sellotape and trimmed it with a craft knife so the look and characteristics of the mute are unchanged, but it softens any clanking when muting up. Minor niggle and easily adjusted.
If I was going to use just one mute for everything this would be it, it really is smashing and very versatile, and certainly if you only have room in your box for one mute, this is the one.
All in all, way past cool!

The Hairy Dieters Eat for Life: How to Love Food, Lose Weight and Keep it Off for Good! (Hairy Bikers)
by Hairy Bikers

5.0 out of 5 stars It's dieting Jim, but not as we know it. . . . . ., 27 Feb. 2014
Really good. Got this for the Mrs, and now I can't tell when we are "On a Diet".
Simple and tasty (the recipes that is, I wouldn't talk about the Mrs like that! )
Plus the sweet and sour recipe is better than the local takeaway! WIN!

Nokia Lumia 820 TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover - Solid Black
Nokia Lumia 820 TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover - Solid Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 Feb. 2014
A beautiful fit and looks fab, much better than the overbulky Nokia OEM rubber Johnny.
No problems using side buttons or jacks.
Also fits with room to spare in a Krusell Hector 3XL belt pouch.

Powerball 250Hz Autostart Exercise Equipment (Old Version)
Powerball 250Hz Autostart Exercise Equipment (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Autostart Easystart, 27 Feb. 2014
I already have one of the string start Powerball Neon, to help when the pain in my wrists flares up, which has been absolutely excellent. I'm an electrician and if I use a hammer drill or cold chisel for am extended period my wrists get something that feels like tennis elbow.
When I saw a friend experiencing similar issues I got them this Autostart version.
Comparing to the string version the Autostart is much easier to get going, plus no string to get tangled in the mechanism or loose, making it rather less frustrating to learn to use.
It doesn't have the lights on this version which I find quite useful to help judge the rpm, but that doesn't detract from how great these things are.
5 - 10 minutes a day is enough to work the pain away.

iGadgitz Black Glossy Durable Crystal Gel Skin (TPU) Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 IV I9500 I9505 Android Smartphone Mobile Phone + Screen Protector
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class Case, 16 Feb. 2014
Got this for my new S4. Annoyingly I had already damaged it slightly dropping it 2ft in a premium hard case of another brand, so wanted a case that would not only protect it, but make it look awesome too. This case ticks both those boxes but with added bonuses.
The case is an absolutely perfect fit. Impeccable.
The areas over the side buttons are raised and textured so the buttons are as easy to use as naked, but less prone to accidental pushes.
The top right corner is discreetly chopped to make it easier to get out of a belt pouch (Krusell Hector 4XL).
Although glossy it is more grippy than the phone naked.

And now for the negatives - not found any.

YEAY!

Tides & Currents
Tides & Currents

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't open, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Tides & Currents (App)
I used to love this app on my old (Motorola RAZR MAXX) phone, but now it doesn't open on my new S4. It only gets 1 star because I can't give none.

Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Black
Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Black
Offered by Accessory Village Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars No raised besel, 5 Feb. 2014
This case does not cover the top or bottom of the phone and stops just short of flush with the front. Anything other than a minor drop flat on its back WILL result in damage to the phone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4