Profile for Mac User > Reviews

Mac User (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Displex Display Polish - Scratch Remover
Displex Display Polish - Scratch Remover
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 3.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well on sat nav screens, 16 Mar 2014
I was dubious this would work with it being so low in cost but worked a treat on a mildly scratched sat nav screen.

Power Cord UK Plug to Figure 8 Lead for LED TVs Cable C7 2m White
Power Cord UK Plug to Figure 8 Lead for LED TVs Cable C7 2m White
Offered by Wide Zebra
Price: 4.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Appliance end does not fit appliance, 16 Mar 2014
The figure of 8 end is too large to fit in a Mac mini figure of 8 socket - also does not fit others sockets I tried!

Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse for Mac
Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse for Mac
Offered by LambdaTek ComponentShop
Price: 60.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel mouse, 7 Jan 2014
I did ALOT of research before buying this mouse because I will use it for most of the day in a work environment. I was anxious given some reviews describing poor functionality and ergonomics. However being used to the apple touch mouse with my iMac this is one is fantastic - very similar and familiar. It is small, but it is excellent for travelling with. It is also well built and uses bluetooth so easy to pair with the Mac Book Air.

Bluelounge Medium CableClip, Cable Management System in Grey & Orange - 4 Pack
Bluelounge Medium CableClip, Cable Management System in Grey & Orange - 4 Pack
Offered by Top-Tech-Outlet
Price: 9.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Medium size only for short, thin cables, 2 Jan 2014
Well made item but MEDIUM size requires big loops (big loops either side of the clip - not tightly wound) if you want to use it for a a standard Apple lightning cable (as supplied with an iPhone). I found this way of winding not to be that convenient. I much prefer the Proporta Headphone Tidy (available on Amazon for a similar cost)

Wacom Bamboo Stylus Pocket Replacement Nibs (Pack of 3) - ACK-20601
Wacom Bamboo Stylus Pocket Replacement Nibs (Pack of 3) - ACK-20601
Price: 5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with Bamboo Duo 2 stylus, 25 Nov 2013
I presume these work well with the previous version of the Bamboo Stylus but they are two big for the Duo 2.

WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage 1 TB Network Attached Storage
WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage 1 TB Network Attached Storage

4.0 out of 5 stars Connect to computer directly if loading on large amount of data, 14 Oct 2013
This product works well but comes with virtually no instructions. This will be fine for tech savvy folks but it took me a while to figure out how to upload large amounts of data to it - the process I found that worked for me was as follows: run the My Book Live - Dashboard programme that you have downloaded on to your desk top computer, under the "Users" tab set up a password for the "admin" account, disconnect the My Book from your router and connect it directly to the ethernet port of our desk top computer (iMac in my case), search for the drive on "my network", log in as "admin" with your new password, up load the data to a file on the My Book (you may want to create a file in the My Book Live Dashboard programme before hand), disconnect from your computer and connect it back to the router. Large amounts of data can be uploaded without doing this (via the router) but 30Gb was going to take days, where as connecting to the computer had it done in 30mins. There may be well another way to do this but I could not find it on the internet. It is quite easy and the product works well.

10m 3.5mm Jack Extension Cable - Premium Quality / 24k Gold Plated / Audio / Stereo / Male to Female
Offered by Alida Systems ®
Price: 4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars ok but beware - not shielded, 12 Feb 2013
These are ok but they are not shielded so pick up interference from adjacent devices and cables - given the length this may be important if you are connecting to computer speakers distant from the computer

Olympus CS-22 Neoprene Lens Case - Medium
Olympus CS-22 Neoprene Lens Case - Medium
Price: 31.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal size for Olympus 45mm m4/3 lens, 28 Dec 2012
Excellent quality, as the title says excellent for a lens the size of the 45mm prime. One star off because quite expensive for what it is but nothing else does the job as well in my opinion.

TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
Price: 24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars cannot get to work with Apple TV, 16 Oct 2012
These worked well with a lap top but I could not get them to do so with Apple TV. They seemed to enter a powersave mode quite rapidly and then all connection was lost - the only way to reconnect was to go through the paining procedure again.

Samsung HW-E450 310W 2.1 Channel Soundbar with Wireless Active Subwoofer Compatible with 40 inch TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - how I set it up, 6 Aug 2012
I have just received the Samsung HW-E450 Sound System and thought I would offer the following

Quality of the product
The sound is very good - not as good as a sound system costing 4 figures but much better than the TV alone. The build quality seems good and I would imagine the design will fit in with most TVs.

Set Up
It took me some time to figure this out (the instructions supplied are not great) and after much Internet searching I came up with this.

I have a Samsung 8 series LED TV, a skybox, apple TV and a PS3 (which I use as a DVD player mainly). If you connect an optical cable between the TV and the sound bar and an HDMI cable from the "out" HDMI slot on the sound bar to the HDMI 2 (ARC) socket (the 2 ARC bit is important) the sound bar will only come on when it is specifically turned on by the dedicated remote however it will...when turned on by the dedicated remote 1. Silence the TV speakers, 2. Allow its volume to be controlled by the TV remote 3. Whatever source the TV is using will play through the sound bar 4. When the TV is turned off the sound bar will turn off. Much has been made on Internet forums of the drawback of the sound bar not activating with the TV and instead needing to be activated separately however for me this is a benefit (e.g. if my young child is sleeping in the house or if my wife wants to watch TV with the minimum of fuss as she calls it). Note - to use the set up I mention you need to have your own optical cable and HDMI cable - the ones they recommend on the Amazon site work fine.

Service from Amazon
As always superb. The price was lower than I could find it elsewhere and Amazon's courier (DPD) again delivered within seconds of when they had informed me they would (they give hour slots).
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2013 4:12 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2