Profile for S. McKnight > Reviews

Content by S. McKnight

S. McKnight

SingStar Wireless Microphones (PS3)
SingStar Wireless Microphones (PS3)
Offered by Monsterbuy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good wireless mic, 27 Oct 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this two-pack cordless microphone set to use with Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock for the PS3. They work great, although one drawback is that you can only use one mic in the quickplay or quest modes (at least as far as I could see). In Party Mode I believe it would work, however.

One thing I noticed is that the instructions are very limited. The first time I tried to hook the mic up, it just worked. I must have been lucky and done it in the right order. The second time, I thought the mic was broken because it simply would not work. After many attempts and much frustration we figured it out. It would be nicer to have specific instructions as to how to connect the mic. I think it had to be on before you turned the game on?... something like that.

On the technical side, the microphones have a good range and we had no trouble at all with the reception. They feel good in the hand, well-balanced and "sturdy" without being too heavy. I appreciate the locking feature so you cannot accidentally turn the mic off in the middle of the song.

The microphones also come with batteries, which is nice. You don't have to panic and try to find some before you can use them. I think I'll dig out my rechargeables though, in case they eat batteries rather fast...

All in all, a sound purchase if you like to sing to the music games that are out there!

Guitar Hero 6: Warriors of Rock - Guitar Bundle (PS3)
Guitar Hero 6: Warriors of Rock - Guitar Bundle (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars What an awesome game!, 27 Oct 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game because my boyfriend's children liked their Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. I thought, "well, probably nothing for me, but if I buy it with guitar, they'll have two guitars to use." Well, about five minutes after receiving the game, I realised how off my thinking was! This game is so much fun! We ended up playing it with three people at a time, one singing and two on guitar (bass and lead) and I haven't laughed that much in a long time. It is such a great way to spend a family "game night". I love the way you can challenge yourself but can also do cooperative play and help those who are maybe not as good as others. So much nicer than making someone feel like they did poorly and ruined it for the rest!

As someone who isn't very "up" on hard rock, I do have to say that the number of songs I actually know is less than 10. On the other hand, it lets me listen to music I otherwise wouldn't listen to, and that's nice, too. It's a good way to find more music I like.

All in all I can recommend this game to anyone who likes rock music and wants a good, fun game.

Ultra Pro Storage Case: Deck Box for 9 Pocket Pages Zippered 3 Ring Album (UPR81558A) YuGiOh! Pokemon, Magic and other Gaming Cards

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy organizer, 23 Aug 2010
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars
I recently started playing Magic, The Gathering and needed a storage device to keep my cards and other accessories organized. This album does the job beautifully. The two less-handy aspects I have found are the zipper and the strap. The zipper needs to be unzipped all the way in order to open the album fully and then it can be difficult to reach to re-zip when finished. The strap has never stayed on for me, which is a pity because it would be much easier to carry slung across a shoulder. One of the clasps is constantly coming loose because they're made of plastic and attach to a plastic ring, instead of metal, which I feel would be sturdier and less likely to open.

But all in all I am very satisfied with this product. It does what it was intended to do.

Plantronics Audio 480 Computer Headset With USB Adaptor - Black
Plantronics Audio 480 Computer Headset With USB Adaptor - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Pros and cons, 23 Aug 2010
I bought this headset because I wear glasses and most "traditional" headsets that cover your ears tend to be really painful after a while, pressing into my ears which in turn presses my glasses into my head. I thought an in-ear headset would be the perfect solution.

Pros are that they indeed stopped the pain caused by my previous headset, and the sound quality was great.

Cons were that the microphone continually slipped down until the person on the other end could no longer hear what was being said. The system to hold it into place didn't work very well for me. Also, after less than six months, the left side earpiece no longer worked.

Another positive aspect, this time for Amazon - I contacted them to ask about returning the headset to Plantronic for repairs and received a very prompt reply wherin they apologized for my trouble and let me know how to return the headset for a refund since it was no longer in stock. Kudos to Amazon! I will definitely continue being an Amazon customer.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition Box Set) [DVD]
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word - awesome, 23 Aug 2010
What else can I say? The extended version has even more LotR to love, and the extra DVDs with the behind-the-scenes information is really interesting and fun to watch. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is a fan of the Lord of the Rings.

Ultra-Pro Platinum 9-Pocket Hologram Pages (100 pcs.)
Ultra-Pro Platinum 9-Pocket Hologram Pages (100 pcs.)
Offered by STARRIDER

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality not as good as before?, 23 Aug 2010
I bought these hologram pages specifically because they were Ultra PRO. We had prior experience with Ultra PRO hologram pages and they were very sturdy and durable, able to hold 4-8 cards without showing signs of damage. With this order, sometimes putting two cards into one slot was enough to cause it to tear. Disappointing, since the older ones have lasted years with at least double that number of cards per slot. The newer ones appear to be of an inferior quality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2010 5:22 PM BST

A Bit Of Fry And Laurie - BBC Series 1-4 Complete Box Set [1989] [DVD]
A Bit Of Fry And Laurie - BBC Series 1-4 Complete Box Set [1989] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stephen Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of Fry and Laurie, a lot of humour, 23 Aug 2010
I bought this because I'm a fan of House, M.D. and had seen a clip of A Bit of Fry and Laurie on YouTube and thought it would be worth trying. What a great purchase! Each season gets funnier and funnier. I can recommend it to anyone who is a fan of British humour.