Profile for Jenbonk > Reviews

Content by Jenbonk

Jenbonk

Your Pregnancy Bible: The Experts' Guide to the Nine Months of Pregnancy and the First Weeks of Parenthood. New updated edition
by Anne Deans

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Informative & Well Presented, 24 Aug. 2010
I bought this book as I am expecting our first baby and was a little surprised at just how little information is provided to you by midwives, doctors etc during the pregnancy so far. This is a wonderfully presented book covering everything I needed to know or had questions about and I love looking at the baby's development each week, as well as a section on how my own body is changing and what to expect on a weekly basis - it's nice to be reassured that everything is progressing normally. There is also a handy section at the back for what to do when the baby comes home, which I can imagine is when most mothers will be feeling most overwhelmed and again has answered some basic questions for me, which I just didn't know the answers to. I really enjoy flicking through this book and don't feel the need to purchase any other as this really does cover everything in a concise way.

The Penguin Dictionary of First Names (Penguin Reference)
The Penguin Dictionary of First Names (Penguin Reference)
by David Pickering

5.0 out of 5 stars A Most Concise Name Book, 24 Aug. 2010
Ordered this along with 'Brilliant Baby Names', and this is much better. It is extremely concise and features pretty much every name you could ever think of, with interesting and detailed descriptions about their origin. I could imaging that some people may be a little overwhelmed by the number of names and descriptions, and it is presented quite literally like a dictionary. However, I really love this format and throughly enjoy reading through the book searching for the perfect name for our baby to be.