Profile for F. Pook > Reviews

Content by F. Pook

F. Pook (Lancashire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Wii Play with Wii Remote Controller (Wii)
Wii Play with Wii Remote Controller (Wii)

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny and good for beginners, 28 Feb 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We got this mainly for the remote and had already been using our wii for several days before Play arrived, so we already had the hang of using the controllers. However there are lots of small games which help you improve your control. If nothing else you have to play the cow race - just for the fun of watching a racing cow and the noise it makes when you jump it over a fence.

Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
by Debbie Stoller

5.0 out of 5 stars I can finally crochet!, 1 Nov 2006
I bought this book after reading the other reviews. Several times Ive tried to teach myself to crochet only to end up with triangular pieces of fabric as the rows get narrower and narrower. Not any more. One evening with this book and I was doing better than ever before. It is all simply explained and contains interesting facts about crochet - such as the fact it is the youngest of the needlecrafts having only been around for about 200 years. Im desperate to start on several of the projects in the book but first I must get my other projects completed. I thoroughly recommend this book - "it does exactly what it says on the cover"!

Making Vintage Bags: 20 Original Sewing Patterns for Vintage Bags and Purses
Making Vintage Bags: 20 Original Sewing Patterns for Vintage Bags and Purses
by Emma Brennan

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute bargain, 29 Nov 2005
I love this book. I have only made one of the bags so far, but I have had 2 people already ask if I will make them one, they look so good. The instructions are easy to follow and with patterns to make 20 different bags even if you only make a couple then you have covered the cost of a couple of dressmaking style patterns. It is easy to adapt the bags to your own style and embellishments.

La Dolce Vegan!: Vegan Livin' Made Easy
La Dolce Vegan!: Vegan Livin' Made Easy
by Sarah Kramer

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 9 Oct 2005
Yet another winner from Sarah! All the recipes I have tried so far have been fantastic and there are loads of new ideas to try; not just food but useful ideas for around the house - including 45 things to do with salt. This certainly deserves a place on your bookcase.

Page: 1 | 2