Profile for F. Pook > Reviews

Content by F. Pook

F. Pook (Lancashire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Sevenhills Organics Cacao Butter 500g, certified organic by the Soil Association
Offered by Sevenhills Organics

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 13 Jan. 2014
This delicious cacao butter was shaped into large buttons which made them very easy to measure out. They melted quickly and evenly and made the most delicious chocolates and truffles. I would certainly buy these again. Mmmmmm yummy!

Little Girls, Big Style
Little Girls, Big Style
by Mary Abreu

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good ideas, 6 Sept. 2013
I liked this book and there are lots of things I am wanting to make. I like the fact it has full size patterns and no enlarging needs to be done. The skirts and several other bits of patterns are simply rectangles with the size required given. I have made one skirt so far - took about an hour if that, and am part way through a top. It is handy as several designs can be developed from just one pattern.

Chocolate Green Smoothies and Other Green Smoothies That Actually Taste Good
Chocolate Green Smoothies and Other Green Smoothies That Actually Taste Good

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't try any others try the chocolate and orange one, 11 July 2013
I liked this book, there are plenty of recipes although if memeory serves me correct some are very similar. The chocolate orange one I have made many times. The books has encouraged me back into green smoothies and to trying different ingredients.

Miss Phryne Fisher Investigates (Phryne Fisher series Book 1)
Miss Phryne Fisher Investigates (Phryne Fisher series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A full introduction to the lady herself, 21 May 2013
I enjoyed learning a bit more about how she got started in the investigation business. A quick, but good, read.

Hamleys Animal Sounds Noahs Ark
Hamleys Animal Sounds Noahs Ark
Offered by Hamleys

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun, 15 Dec. 2012
My daughter recieved this two days ago for her first birthday and already loves it - to the point that there were tears yesterday when I tried to take it to another room without taking her at the same time.

There are four farmyard animal which fit on the roof. Underneath there are four wild animal each standing on a different shape. At the back there is a giraffe and at the front there is Noah. The steering wheel turns from side to side for different boat noises (I never knew the Ark had an engine!) and there are two baskets of food which play tunes. Above Noah is a clock which turns and above the giraffe there is a cockerel which crows.

Also on the roof are eight keys which form a complete octave. If one of the other tunes or noises are playing then pressing one of the keys will over ride that,

There are wheels on the bottom and when you push the Ark along it waddles from side to side, as if gently swaying on the sea. It seems well made and very sturdy - it has been capsized several times already! I think that she will get plenty of enjoyment out of it for a long time.

The Pawn (Patrick Bowers Files)
The Pawn (Patrick Bowers Files)

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but good, 11 Dec. 2010
I thought this would be worth trying for free and it certainly was. It is not a particularly long book and I completed it in a day. I would disagreed with both of the previous reviewers slightly. I did not find it over Christian in content at all - certainly far less than I expected given the first review. As for the second review - yes maybe it is a bit over the top, but it is a story written to be entertaining and not to be put in to practise. As for graphic descriptions, I would not say it is over run with them.

Overall a good day's distraction and for free you really have nothing to lose do you?

Everyday Raw
Everyday Raw
by Matthew Kenney

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not everyday, but certainly many days, 5 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Everyday Raw (Paperback)
I was lucky enough to be given this for Christmas and I have enjoyed everything I have made so far. I love the chocolate chip cookies (didn't bother with the chips) and stopped dehydrating after 12 hours, although not cruchy they are yummy. The tortilla chips were totally crisp after one night in the dehydrator. The chili was delicious as was the mango guacamole.

Yes some of the recipes are involved and need some time to complete, however if you make enough for 2 or 3 meals then you save time over the next days. Lots of them are simple and can be put together quickly. Admittedly quite a few recipes do use young (jelly) coconuts but these can sometimes be obtained from Asian groceries and the recipes kept for special occasions.

I think this is a good book for the price and it has lots of yummy pictures to look at and drool over while sipping a smoothie and waiting for the dehydrator to do its stuff.

Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes
Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes
by Ani Phyo

5.0 out of 5 stars So far all so good, 5 Oct. 2008
SO far everything I have made from this book has been wonderful. The bread recipe is amazing and really does only need 3 hours dehydrating. The mango cobbler recipe is delicious and the colour pictures in the middle really make you want to eat so much more healthily.

Raw Magic: Recipes for the Revolution
Raw Magic: Recipes for the Revolution
by Kate Magic Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared to put different things together and wow your tastebuds!, 9 Aug. 2008
I love this book - the photos add greatly to the book and were lacking in Kate's last book. The recipes are great, although I find I sometimes have to adjust quantities for my current taste. I love the way that cacao is used in savoury recipes and I recommend Green Gloop which mixes Spirulina in a sweet pudding.

Yes Kate does use some ingredients that are not strictly raw, but with raw food being so creative and intuative Im sure stricter raw foodists can adapt the recipes as they need.

I love to 'read' through this book and look at the pictures as I decide what I want for tea. If you are a standard 'meat and two veg' eater, then this book might take some getting used to - but try some of the recipes and see how you feel.

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World: 75 Dairy-free Recipes for Cupcakes That Rule
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cup cakes ever apparently!, 11 Jan. 2008
I recieved this book for my birthday and made my fist batch of cupcakes last night. I have started at the begining planning to work my way through to the end. The comments I have recieved ranged from "Thats was very light" to " It was the best cupcake I have ever had and I didnt want it to end". Ive not tried then yet myself but I will be doing so when I get to the wheat and gluten free recipes. There is even a low fat version for the days when you need cupcakes but not the extra calories. The pictures are fantastic and make you want to bake immediately. The recipe was easy to follow and each one is broken down into steps. I thoroughly recommend this book even if all you do is drool over the pictures.

Page: 1 | 2