Profile for M. Schorah > Reviews

M. Schorah "scorcher258"

Racing Through the Dark: The Fall and Rise of David Millar
Racing Through the Dark: The Fall and Rise of David Millar

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 7 Feb. 2016
A fascinating account of a troubled career which shows that even though he took a wrong turn he was able to battle through it and have some kind of redemption. What might he have achieved?

Every Day Is a Holiday
Every Day Is a Holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality read from George, 9 Aug. 2015
After the sheer joy of Free Country and laugh out loud moments I expected this to be the same and it didn't disappoint. A really easy read with some interesting as well as funny parts. I'm now off to give blood in the hope of receiving a free wagon wheel!

Dead Man's Gift: Yesterday (Part 1)
Dead Man's Gift: Yesterday (Part 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 27 May 2014
I like the idea of the book being in three parts and look forward to part two. A typical Simon Kernick story, very easy to read and enjoyable.

An Introduction to Cycling Climbs
An Introduction to Cycling Climbs

4.0 out of 5 stars good but short, 28 Feb. 2014
Some good examples of what can be seen in the 100 climbs series of books but would've liked a couple more.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars keeps you wanting more, 17 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Having heard a lot of people mention this book and how good it was I wasn't disappointed. At times I had no idea where the story was going to go next which kept me wanting to read a little bit more to find out and kept me gripped. A great but somewhat disturbing dark read.

Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable and inspiring, 13 Feb. 2013
Wasn't sure what to expect but the concept of the challenge got me interested and thought for a bargain price I'd have a look. I wasn't disappointed and found this tale to be thoroughly enjoyable. The simple writing style leaves you to picture the many humorous moments and had me laughing many times. You have to hand it to the lads for taking on the challenge which is actually quite inspiring and has given me a real interest in doing LEJOG as a future challenge in a more orthodox manner. Well done on the challenge and well done on producing an excellent and very enjoyable account. I look forward to reading about the next adventure.