Profile for Stevie B > Reviews

Content by Stevie B

Stevie B

Brooks Men's Vapor 10 M Yellow/White/Black/Silver Trainer 1101121D706 7.5 UK, 8.5 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Brooks Vapour Trainers, 19 Aug 2013
Very pleased with these trainers. I'm quiet fussy about what trainers I have as I'm a PE teacher and I'm in them all day long. So far they are very comfortable and seem good quality.

GM Cricket Boxer Short With Pouch Medium
GM Cricket Boxer Short With Pouch Medium
Price: 7.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Boxers, 19 Aug 2013
These were a great buy. They are far better quality than the Kookaburra ones I had before as they are made of a much thicker material. Also the pouch is designed for the new long, slim boxes so they fit far more comfortably. Recommend these highly.

The Shopping Basket (Red Fox Picture Book)
The Shopping Basket (Red Fox Picture Book)
by John Burningham
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Suprise!, 26 Oct 2011
We got The Shopping Basket out at the library and my son loved this book. We had to buy it as we couldn't just keep on re-newing it every month. He loves the humour and how the boy Steven outwits each animal that tries to take from his shopping basket on his route home. The pictures may seem a bit dated now but the story more than makes up for it. It's helped my son learn to read and he gets great enjoyment telling me what happens to each animal as they fall for Steven's plan to get away from them. I didn't hold any high hopes for it when we first sat down to read it, but what a suprise. A simple but really clever story. Well worth reading.

The Iron Giant [DVD] [1999]
The Iron Giant [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Aniston (Voice)
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant!, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Iron Giant [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
This is a truly great film. It may not have the latest computer animation of Toy Story and the like but that simply adds to its charm. There is a great story at the heart of it and you feel for the characters with their warmth, humour and believability. It draws you in emotionally through Hogarth's frustrations with the adult world, his fear and excitement as he connects with the giant, through to great sorrow. It's beautifully made and simply told and as a result is a real gem. My 4 year old son loves it and has watched it over and over again. He still watches it with wonder and excitement, and quite frankly so do I. I can't recommend this film more highly and a must watch for kids. 10 out of 10.