Profile for HB > Reviews

HB

Tapas - Tastes of the Baroque
Tapas - Tastes of the Baroque

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning collection, 29 Jun. 2014
I heard this CD on a QANTAS flight and had to own it. I am not disappointed. Fabulous music, arrangements and superb playing. Highly recommended.

The Forgotten Highlander: My Incredible Story of Survival During the War in the Far East
by Alistair Urquhart

5.0 out of 5 stars An extraordinary tale, 29 Nov. 2012
This is an amazing book. The writing is quite factual and unsensational, despite the fact that the events described are so extraordinary. The author does not at any time appear to be self pitying, or even particularly judgemental as he relates what happened to him while he was a POW under the most dreadful, inhuman conditions. It is so important to read such stories, as there are many attrocities that need to be remembered and much to be learned about all sorts of people. I highly recommend this book as an informative and well written account of a time and series of events most people today know so little about.

Armenian Spirit - Hesperion XXI / Jordi Savall
Armenian Spirit - Hesperion XXI / Jordi Savall

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, beautiful playing, beautiful production., 29 Nov. 2012
After hearing a couple of tracks on my local radio I was inspired t buy this CD. The music is hauntingly beautiful, played with sensitivity and elegance. The modal music, played by a small ensemble of very fine musicians, has an uplifting yet calming quality and I find it quite mesmerising. I love it!