Profile for SL Spreadbury > Reviews

Content by SL Spreadbury

SL Spreadbury (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2
tesa 58000 Powerstrips Large, Removable Self Adhesive Strips (10 Strips)
tesa 58000 Powerstrips Large, Removable Self Adhesive Strips (10 Strips)

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money!, 19 Oct 2014
I purchased these to hang a carrier bag holder in the back of my kitchen door and a little hook for keys on the tiles in my kitchen. Both items fell off on the floor after barely 1 hour. The hook broke and the bag holder marked my floor so I am very much out of pocket! I feel like I fell for the branding and marketing of the product which certainly did not live up to its claims!

Automatic LED Night Light
Automatic LED Night Light
Offered by Ryness Lighting & Electrical

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're looking for a strobe light!, 14 Oct 2013
I'm really annoyed with this light. I got it to replace a Lindam one that we had that broke which was a lovely soft light (powered by a light bulb rather than a LED)
This night light is a harsh bright white glare. We use this on our landing so when we're up with the kids in the night we don't have to turn the main light on. The trouble is during the evening when we have lights on in adjacent rooms then sensor can't decide what to do so just flashes the light on and off with a strobe light effect. If you have epilepsy I certainly wouldn't recommend this light!
It comes in the horrible packaging that you have to cut open with scissors making it completely non returnable.
Waste of money.

BT 250 Digital Baby Monitor
BT 250 Digital Baby Monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars BT made a good thing worse!, 25 April 2013
We had the 150 for our daughter and bought the 250 when our son was born. The 250 has superior sound quality but thats all it has going for it. The battery life is very poor, it no longer lasts more than five hours so when we take it up to bed with us it starts beeping at about 4am. There is a number to call for replacement batteries but they never answer the phone.
Every time you pick the monitor up you can't help but knock the torch button on, which imediately mutes the monitor.
There is a 'Mute Low' option but this really doesn't do anything that I can tell, there is no change in the level of sound when this is on.
The crying alert is a nice feature so if you do accidentally mute it, it will beep at you to tell you your baby is crying. However if you have a fussy baby who is just whinging himself to sleep and you mute it, it will continually beep at you because of the crying alert.

You can no longer read the temperature on the baby unit, instead you have to decipher the difference orange, red and blue to work out what the temperate is - I would just prefer to read the numbers.

I would recommend you purchase the BT 150 but I don't think its available anymore.

Update; the display has now started to disappear. The pixels seem to be broken and the temperature is now unreadable.

Bright Starts Musical Learning Table (Green, 6 - 36 Months)
Bright Starts Musical Learning Table (Green, 6 - 36 Months)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not transferable to a younger child., 26 Dec 2012
This was smaller than I expected it to be. I took it out of the box and immediately assembled it. (Which isn't hard, as you just pop the three legs on.) I realised this was then too high for my son who can only sit up at the moment and he could reach the top of it. However, once the legs are in you can't remove them (and the instructions confirm this). Which means my son won't be able to use it until he can stand and I won't be able to make it lower if I have any more children. It also means you can't remove the legs and put the whole thing away in a cupboard. It plays lots of music and has hippo head that moves up and down as an American voice says "up', "down" and "open" and "close" This can get a bit annoying after a while when your two year old is repeatedly playing with it!
All in all, a bit disappointing.

Light UpBath Time Ducks - Union Jack
Light UpBath Time Ducks - Union Jack

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Dec 2012
I purchased these for my kids to play with in the bath. I opened the packaging up and put two each in their stockings for christmas day which they opened at 7am. by 10am two of them had stopped working. Two of them still work and the kids loved playing with them in the bath and they make me turn the light out so they can see them flashing. Its just disappointing that only two of them are still working.

Lamaze Pyramid Play House Gym
Lamaze Pyramid Play House Gym
Offered by E 4 Emporium Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great value for money, 21 Oct 2012
This playmat only lasted my son 4 months. At first it was great and he has been really happy playing with all the attachments but you can't have it with the sides down and the toy arch on so once he was able to bring his legs up high enough he would get his legs over the arch and flip the whole mat over his face so I've now removed the arch and we're just using it as a plain mat for him to lie on but he misses playing with the toys dangling over him so I've just got him a new mat that lays flat. This mat also have two arches rather than one so you can hang more toys from it and my son is much happier as he has more room to wriggle around in.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Beaphar Extra Long Lasting Household Flea Spray 300ml
Beaphar Extra Long Lasting Household Flea Spray 300ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work., 1 Oct 2012
Our cats bought fleas in because we got behind on our frontline treatment so I bought this and sprayed the carpets and sofa which took two cans and it didn't work. We eneded up hiring a professional to deal with it which cost £150 and he explained that the cans just aren't strong enough as you need to penetrate deep in to the carpet pile. So save your money and put it towards a professional.

Terrapin ® Anti Glare Screen Protector (6 in 1 pack) for Apple iPad 2 (2011)/ iPad 3 (2012) 9.7 inch screen
Offered by ClickJunkie

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant just make sure you use the right side!, 1 Oct 2012
These are perfect and you forget it's even on the screen, once they are correctly applied . They come with a clear backing that you peel off and I made the mistake off applying the wrong sheet. Both bits feel sticky so I assumed it was the thinner sheet you apply, but it's actually the thick one. If you try and apply the thin sheet it will take you hours and it will have millions of air bubbles. The thick side applies in seconds and has no bubbles. That's why there are such mixed reveiws on here as some people are making the same mistake. There are no markings that tell you which sheet to apply so you have to guess and I guessed wrong which is why I only gave it fours stars.

LittleLife Runabout Toddler Daysack - Purple
LittleLife Runabout Toddler Daysack - Purple
Offered by Skyblue

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for toddlers, 10 Mar 2012
I bought this for my daughter as I found I didn't really need to carry a large changing bag round anymore and wanted to go back to my handbags. My daughter loves having her own little handbag and the parent strap is just the right length to allow her a bit of freedom without getting too far away from me. The bag is large enough to hold a couple of nappies and half a pack of baby wipes plus a drink and snack. There is a mesh pocket on the outside but it's not big enough to hold a toddlers drinks bottle, but can fit a little box or raisins or something else small.

Iphone 4 / Iphone 4G Glitter Back Cover Case - Black
Iphone 4 / Iphone 4G Glitter Back Cover Case - Black
Offered by E T. from HONGKONG

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone case, 10 Mar 2012
This phone case is a hard plastic case. The sides are clear so it looks quite discrete and maintains the nice form of the iPhone. When you turn it over it has a lovely sparkly back. The sparkles look like little bits of honeycomb. This is a great value Phone case. Im tempted to buy the other colours too.

Page: 1 | 2