Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Ronseal One Coat Sprayable Fencelife Dark Oak 5 Litre
Ronseal One Coat Sprayable Fencelife Dark Oak 5 Litre
Offered by AHC (Camberley) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good finish, 15 Oct 2014
I would say this is the best colour of all the colours offered. It more closely matches the colour of my brown guttering.
Also this sprayable one appears much more water resistant than the non-sprayable version.
After about a year on my fence the fence is still very water resistant and still looking as good as when I painted it.

Songmics 270 x 90 cm Outdoor Garden Door Canopy, Awning, Gazebo GVH279
Songmics 270 x 90 cm Outdoor Garden Door Canopy, Awning, Gazebo GVH279
Offered by Songmics

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shelter but useless wall bolts., 1 Oct 2014
I have just assembled this as a shelter down the side of my house and it looks great.
I did manage to install it on my own, though it was a struggle to handle the panels by myself.
Though putting the parts together was relatively easy.

The supplied M10 wall bolts were useless.
Instead I used 8mm coach screw bolts with a wall plug going into a 10mm hole.
One tip is that you should drill into brick (using a masonry drill) and double check that the hole centres (89cm apart)
are not going to end up with holes being between the bricks. Also drill into the lower part of the brick because some bricks have lips or small indentations and this would mean you drilling into a space in the brick if you drill too high up. The top hole is the most critical because it is taking most of the weight. So ensure your top holes are very secure. Doesn't matter so much about the lower ones.

It has been raining recently and it is nice there is not really any drumming noise coming from the shelter.
I think this is because the panels are flexed slightly into their brackets.

Samsung Memory 16GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card without Adapter
Offered by WhiteFay

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Slow Card and Getting no UHS-1 benefits when writing, 10 Sep 2014
I certainly see virtually no UHS-1 benefits with this card when writing data to it. The max transfer (write) speed was 11MB/s (using h2testw application) for all 3 cards I just purchased (from 'low priced memory' company). In real life copying I saw rates of 8-9MB/s (lots of 4MB MP3 files) and 11.5MB/s for large 2GB files. But I have another UHS-1 (class 10) card (Sandisk) and I'm getting 16MB/s on that. So clearly this is an issue with the card not being fast enough for my computer interface. I have found the read speed (large 2GB files) to be around 20MB/s.

SODIAL(R) 5W 480LM GU10 29 SMD 5050 LED Warm White Spot Light Lamp Bulb
SODIAL(R) 5W 480LM GU10 29 SMD 5050 LED Warm White Spot Light Lamp Bulb
Offered by ULTRA TOP-Dispatched From HongKong

5.0 out of 5 stars ... of these in my kitchen and the light is perfect., 8 Sep 2014
I have 4 of these in my kitchen and the light is perfect.
It is not like a normal halogen spotlight because the light is so much more distributed and even around the room.
The light is also warm, rather than a blinding white.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Pro Pack
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Pro Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars Constant crashing of the tool when rendering AVCHD/MTS 1920x1080 files., 24 Aug 2014
Not impressed. As soon as you try and edit any large AVCHD video files which are full HD resolution (1920x1080, 25MBPS NTSC 29fps and >15 minutes) the tool is then unable to render the file to a different data rate (e.g 16MBPS). This is a well know bug in the tool.
Only solution I found is to keep the video sizes down to less than 10 minutes (with just one edit) or render in max resolution after lots of editing and then render the complete file again down to the required resolution. Seems to be an issue with the fact that you are rendering to lower resolution and editing the file at the same time.

The software isn't particularly fast when rendering from 25MBPS to 16MPBS. It took 2.5hrs for a 30 minute (unedited) video. But only took 45 minutes to render the video in the same quality.

Samsung Plus 64GB Micro SD SDXC Class 10 UHS-I Memory card, Upto 48MB/S with Adapter
Offered by Digital Media Source

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 11 Jun 2014
I'm quite pleased with this card so far (from seller Low Price Memory). I'm getting 15MByte/s write transfer rates which is very good. The card is very compatible with my computer and tablet (exfat format of card). I've so far loaded about 50GB of data onto the card with no issues.

Note though that no packaging was supplied. The card was delivered in a small case and nothing else.
Apparently there is still a 10 year warranty though.

Kingston Technology 64GB microSDXC Class 10 Flash Card with SD card adapter
Kingston Technology 64GB microSDXC Class 10 Flash Card with SD card adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, 7 Jun 2014
I just got one of these cards from a reputable supplier and only getting 8.5MBytes per second write speed (using h2testw application) when I should be getting a minimum of 10.
I have another class 10 card (Sandisk) and able to get 11MBytes/s on my computer so I know this has nothing to do with limitations on my computer.
Perhaps I was unlucky.

Karrimor Tempo 2 Mens Running Shoes
Karrimor Tempo 2 Mens Running Shoes
Offered by Field & Trek

5.0 out of 5 stars nice trainer, but beware of size, 25 May 2014
I'm quite impressed by these trainers. Fitting is nice and wide. The fabric is also quite thin and this helps keep your feet cool. I am size 10, but found I needed size 10.5. Apparently this size issue has been resolved with newer releases of Karimor trainers.

Only negative after about 3 months is that the trim along the side of the trainers (on the side of the sole) has started to become unglued. But no doubt could be glued back on. I'm unsure if this has become unglued due to normal flexing of the sole or whether I have accidentally caught it on something.

SONY BDVE3100 5.1 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema System
SONY BDVE3100 5.1 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema System
Offered by Tech Nuts

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound system but with occasional seizing up, 10 May 2014
I've had this for a few months.
The 5.1 surround sound is exceptionally good when playing Blu-ray movies.
The amount of bass is just right.

I tried playing a surround sound (or DTS-HD) MTS file (via optical connection) and confirmed 5.1 surround sound via this input. However I don't know of any Freeview channels that broadcast in 5.1. It is annoying that I cannot tell the cinema system to use all speakers because the majority of the time I am listening to TV via this system.

Initially I saw regular audio loss (and unit seizing up) issues when using the optical connection and it usually occurred after forwarding through MTS video. I talked to Sony who suggested a software update. It took a while for a 'working' update to appear, but the very latest software update from Sony (version 193) seems to resolve the audio loss problems (via optical input) I was seeing. However occasional seizing up still occurs where a reboot of the sound system is necessary.

Also when I got the unit there was virtually no documentation to tell me how to prevent the audio going via HDMI to the TV. There is a setting buried down in one of the menus. Without knowing about this setting you might think the unit is faulty because without switching it you get no audio from the speaker system. I find it rather bizarre that the default should be to send audio from your dvd player to the TV and not to theatre speaker system.

Vax C88-T2-S 200w Compact Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Vax C88-T2-S 200w Compact Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by C & C Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Filter is easily clogged up but otherwise a very good hoover, 27 Mar 2014
I've had this vacuum cleaner for a few weeks now. The suction is very good when the filter is clean. So good it will lift the carpet, but luckily the suction is variable.

Unfortunately the filter is easily clogged and once that happens the suction levels decrease. What's worse is the filter cannot easily be unclogged without rinsing it out. I had a brand new filter and after one round of my dusty house it was about 50% clogged. I tried to clean it without rinsing it but this is nearly impossible because of the way it is constructed. Rinsing the filter is easy to do though with the aid of brush.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6