Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Weather Station Wireless Desktop WS1173 + Free Beginner's Guide
Weather Station Wireless Desktop WS1173 + Free Beginner's Guide
Offered by Greenfrog Scientific

5.0 out of 5 stars Best weather station I've seen so far, 27 Mar. 2016
I'm pleasantly surprised by this weather station.
It is quite accurate and the storm warnings are very useful.
I tried Technoline's equivalent which I had to return because the outdoor sensor suddenly became inaccurate.

Sony DSCWX350 Digital Compact Camera with Wi-Fi and NFC (18.2 MP, 20x Optical Zoom) - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, but needed warranty repair., 18 Feb. 2016
Excellent camera, but unfortunately needed a warranty repair (new optical unit) after only 8 months of use.
There was background interference when videoing. The camera has been an authorised Sony repair shop for 4 weeks!

GARNI WS 6750 weather station - weather stations (Black, 16.900 cm, 12 cm, 4.700 cm)

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid due to non-existent warranty, 28 Nov. 2015
Good product and quite accurate (except for outdoor sensor). Was showing to be within 1 degrees accurate on temperature, 5mb on pressure and within 5% on humidity w.r.t published outdoor temperatures for my area. The back-light is activated by a button on top of the station and this means it is easy to read the figures.
The unit does need a few hours to settle down before first use. When I first got the unit the reported indoor temperatures were very inaccurate, but once the unit itself had got to room temperature (after a few hours) then the readings were fine.

UPDATE: after a couple of weeks with mild frosts the outdoor sensor no longer gives accurate readings. It's about 2 degrees too high. Also the time kept on changing to +1 or -1 hours. So I tried to return the sensor, but Technoline (EU) are not supplying me with a return address. They keep telling me to go through Amazon, but I'm unable to get a return address from Amazon as 2 months has passed.
I phoned Amazon and explained the situation and they agreed to refund me fully.

Schneider Electric Rapitest IMT23005 3-in-1 LED Detector
Schneider Electric Rapitest IMT23005 3-in-1 LED Detector

4.0 out of 5 stars works OK., 29 Sept. 2015
It works OK for me. You must let it calibrate first though. Hold it on top of the material your testing, push the button (then you'll hear two beeps) and then proceed to move the object around the area being tested whilst keeping the button pushed down. I suspect a lot of negative reviews on here are because people don't understand how to use it properly!

Sony DSCWX500 Digital Compact High Zoom Travel Camera with 180 Degrees Tiltable LCD Screen (18.2 MP, 30 x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, NFC) - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame Sony did not invest in a better sensor, 8 July 2015
I purchased this item as an upgrade from my cybershot wx5 (12MP) which I had taken 10,000+ photos. I wasn't impressed with this new camera.

As an experiment I took the same photos using both cameras in my garden. I found the sunlit areas on both cameras still saturated and with no detail whatsoever. Also the increase in level of fine detail between both cameras was very marginal. Certainly not enough to justify paying this amount of money.

I find the sensor in this camera is woeful. They've attached a huge 30x zoom, but haven't improved the sensor sufficiently. In fact the sensor on this camera is the same size as the WX5. In practice I found that pictures which contain shaded areas contained some detail on my previous camera, but come out very dark on this camera when fully zoomed out.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2016 8:12 PM GMT

Motorola Scout 73 Connect HD Outdoor Monitor
Motorola Scout 73 Connect HD Outdoor Monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable at capturing stills and video, 26 May 2015
I purchased this item and found it very unreliable. It did not always record the video (or stills), even though the real-time screen (on my tablet) clearly showed there was people movement to be captured. As an experiment I pointed the camera at my car (outside my house). I put it on 'high' sensitivity. I walked to my car and then down the road. I walked back again to my car. A video was captured showing me walking to my car, but it did not show me returning! In a further experiment the camera showed it was unreliable at capturing stills. It seemed to only capture one still every one or two minutes! I have a very reliable 76M fibre optic connection and so don't believe this could be the problem.

Also there is no way of selecting certain areas that are to be captured and this means if the wind is blowing then the movement of tree branches is incorrectly captured. This sort of software is typically included by default with other outdoor camera products in order to make them work properly and reduce false recordings.

Another issue is there is no way to configure this product to use your own cloud storage. So this product is definitely not for advanced users and leaves the average user potentially having to spend money later down the line to maintain their data storage.

Hoover RU80_VE11001 Velocity Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 2.5 L, 850 W - Purple and Champagne
Offered by Shop4World

3.0 out of 5 stars It performs well on hard wood, but not good on carpet, 8 Feb. 2015
I purchased this last week. First impressions was in relation to the overly large size of the hoover attachment. The carpet brush head attachment can no longer squeeze under furniture items that my previous hoover could. Also this attachment picks up very few bits of cotton off my dense pile carpet. So this is very disappointing. The attachment is re-designed compared to what you get with your average hoover. Basically there are 2 thin strips of rubber and the suction is completely between these two strips. The mechanism seems to work OK so far. But unsure if the strips will last the test of time yet.

The dedicated hard wood hoover head attachment (quite compact compared to the carpet head attachment) is superb. I can't really fault this and doubt any competitor will beat this 'A' rating. I think if your house is mainly hard wood floors then this hoover is great.

The dedicated carpet brush tool isn't very good if you've got hairs more than about 2 inches long. They get caught up in the brush. I have a long haired blonde girlfriend and her hairs are all over the place.

Veho VSD-001 Black card reader - card readers (MMC, SD, SDHC, Black)
Veho VSD-001 Black card reader - card readers (MMC, SD, SDHC, Black)
Offered by Refresh eCommerce

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great under Windows and Linux, 6 Dec. 2014
can't fault the device. Works great under Windows, Linux (Mint) and in my Ford B-Max car.

Ronseal OCFLSDO5L One Coat Sprayable Fence Life, 5 Liters, Dark Oak
Ronseal OCFLSDO5L One Coat Sprayable Fence Life, 5 Liters, Dark Oak
Offered by B&R Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good finish, 15 Oct. 2014
I would say this is the best colour of all the colours offered. It more closely matches the colour of my brown guttering.
Also this sprayable one appears much more water resistant than the non-sprayable version.
After about a year on my fence the fence is still very water resistant and still looking as good as when I painted it.

Songmics Window Door Canopy Awning 3 mm soild board 270 x 90 cm GVH279
Songmics Window Door Canopy Awning 3 mm soild board 270 x 90 cm GVH279
Offered by Songmics

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shelter but useless wall bolts., 1 Oct. 2014
I have just assembled this as a shelter down the side of my house and it looks great.
I did manage to install it on my own, though it was a struggle to handle the panels by myself.
Though putting the parts together was relatively easy.

The supplied M10 wall bolts were useless.
Instead I used 8mm coach (75mm) hex screws with a wall plug going into a 10mm hole.
One tip is that you should drill into brick (using a masonry drill) and double check that the hole centres (89cm apart)
are not going to end up with holes being between the bricks. Also drill into the lower part of the brick because some bricks have lips or small indentations and this would mean you drilling into a space in the brick if you drill too high up. The top hole is the most critical because it is taking most of the weight. So ensure your top holes are very secure. Doesn't matter so much about the lower ones.

It has been raining recently and it is nice there is not really any drumming noise coming from the shelter.
I think this is because the panels are flexed slightly into their brackets.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7