Profile for G. Peckham > Reviews

Content by G. Peckham

G. Peckham "pixieitch" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
A Midsummer Night's Faery Tale
A Midsummer Night's Faery Tale
by Terri Windling

4.0 out of 5 stars an incredible talent shown in an original way, 2 Jan. 2003
This book consists of shakespere's story with help of Terri Windling with photographs of Wendy Froud's incredible doll sculptures.
Each photograph is a mini film set. If you get a chance to see Wendy's work in the flesh, do because the detail on the dolls are exquisit. using the story telling book to put a story to her work really brings the characters to life.
Beuatiful images, and a story for children, young, old and very old!

Faeries: a Musical Companion to the Art of Brian Froud
Faeries: a Musical Companion to the Art of Brian Froud
Offered by EliteDigital UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Etheral, Fantastic faerie music!, 2 Jan. 2003
I bought this CD, due to it being an adition to my Brian Froud collection, and just out of curiousity. I was pleasantly surprised.
The music is not all what you'd expect of faeries, but all fits into a fantasy frame of mind. I find it is very good to work to, and as background music, as well as being very "sensual" to listen to.
Its a very good album if you like female vocals, with a good mix of genre.
My favourite tracks are by Paul Schwartz, mixing choir and operatics with modern tranquil music.
Tracks 7 and 8 sound like something taken from the "labyrinth", Whilst "dreaming" sounds a bit like an acid trip!
Dont be put off by not knowing any of the artists on th album, because its always good to find something new.
I play this album where i work, and often have people enquiring about the cd, which is a good thing.
I heard from an "insider" that if this album sells wll, they might release a "bad faeries" CD to contrast. only 4 stars, due to "alegria" being a little too cheesy for me (but it still gets stuck in my head!)
BUY IT!