Profile for Mark > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Escape From Auschwitz
Escape From Auschwitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Bittersweet, 6 Mar. 2015
A shocking account of this man's time spent in Auschwitz. Quite remarkable that he managed to escape and tell his story. I know for sure the Nazis are burning in hell for their crimes.

American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 26 Feb. 2015
Hadn't heard much about Chris Kyle until I seen ads for the movie which I went to see in the cinema. It was a good movie but I usually prefer reading the book first. If you liked the movie you will enjoy the book more.

As Far as My Feet Will Carry Me
As Far as My Feet Will Carry Me

4.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable Journey, 29 Jan. 2015
Amazing story of a man who defied all odds and regained his freedom. His determination pulled him through and it is truly remarkable.

The Real Fidel Castro
The Real Fidel Castro

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 19 Dec. 2014
This is the first book I've read on Castro and Cuba. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey it takes you on. A great beginners book in my opinion.

Nigel Benn - The Dark Destroyer: I've Had Some Good Rucks in the Ring but I've had Some Even Better Ones in the Street

3.0 out of 5 stars Boxing legend!, 22 Jun. 2014
Love watching Benn's fights on YouTube and this was a good insight into his life outside the ring as well boxing achievements

Spain: The Inside Story of La Roja's Historic Treble
Spain: The Inside Story of La Roja's Historic Treble

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to match the on field excellence, hope the author makes it a treble, 15 Jun. 2014
Began reading this the week of Brazil 14 world cup starting and glad I've completed in time for Spain's opening game. It will make it all the more exciting.

I love reading about these players but thought Graham Hunter's Barça couldn't be matched. I was wrong. This is as good if not better. If the author reads this, well done on your work and I hope your inspired to produce more as I have thoroughly enjoyed them.

I Think Therefore I Play
I Think Therefore I Play

5.0 out of 5 stars Class act, 9 Jun. 2014
A true master of the game and a delight to read some of his stories along the way. Definitely a must read for any fan of Pirlo.

Sean Fallon: Celtic's Iron Man
Sean Fallon: Celtic's Iron Man
by Stephen Sullivan

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Book!, 18 Mar. 2014
I always read sportsmen/ sportswomen books and this is the first I can say I will definitely read again. A true Celtic great. Really enjoyable book not only for Celtic supporters but sports fans in general I would imagine. Couldn't put it down. Hope the author brings out some more stuff.

Surviving the Mob: A Street Soldier's Life Inside the Gambino Crime Family
Surviving the Mob: A Street Soldier's Life Inside the Gambino Crime Family

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent book, 5 Jan. 2014
Quite enjoyed this one. Good insight into the mafia world and what can go on without seeing stuff in the movies.

Twelve Years A Slave
Twelve Years A Slave

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read, 3 Jan. 2014
This is the first time I have read a book about slavery as I normally go for sports type.

I could not put this down. A truly remarkable book. Doubt I will come across anything like this again and I'm 25.

Page: 1 | 2