Profile for Pete > Reviews

Pete

Canon EH19-L Semi Hard Case for EOS 450D/500D/550D/600D/650D/1000D Camera
Canon EH19-L Semi Hard Case for EOS 450D/500D/550D/600D/650D/1000D Camera

4.0 out of 5 stars well made case, 4 Feb 2012
There have been some very negative reviews on this case, which made me think carefully about buying, but I am glad that I did. It fits the 600D perfectly. It is well made out of a type of woven plastic, looks good, isnt completely soft so can protect against rubbing, but not hard knocks. I am pleased with it, but think it is slightly too expensive. It fits very snugly, other cases out there wouldnt fit so well. A case is also needed for these digital cameras, for additional protection.

Samsung SM2233RZ 22" 3D Monitor (Gloss Black)
Samsung SM2233RZ 22" 3D Monitor (Gloss Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars only a first generation monitor, cant use for 3D blu-ray, 7 Nov 2010
This monitor works well at its 1680x1050 resolution, and displays 3D very well, and I was pleased with it. However it was one of the first 3D displays to come out (and I quickly bought it at the time), but
now that higher resolution 1080p monitors are out at 120 Hz, I would hold off buying this one. I have been happy with it for games, but recently I wanted to play a 3D blu-ray, and realised that there was a problem with it. They simply wont play on it. It is HDCP compliant for blu-ray playback at 60 Hz, but NOT at 120 Hz. The resolution isnt 1080p, and therefore it isnt fully HDCP compliant anyway, but this manifests itself only at the higher frequency.
The information for this is available on the nvidia 3D vision website.
Its annoying for me, I will need to buy another 3D display again because of it - this will take me time to save up, and i will miss out on the new 3D blu-ray's which are slowly coming out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2010 7:03 PM GMT