Profile for Kit MacLean > Reviews

Content by Kit MacLean

Kit MacLean (London, London United Kingdom)

APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur-How to Publish a Book
APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur-How to Publish a Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, deserves the effort, 13 July 2014
This book is a realistic and thorough "how-to" guide, which essentially takes budding authors step-by-step through the self-publishing process. It covers paper books as well as ebooks. The authors are both successful authors and entrepreneurs and APE is basically the guide they would have liked to have had when they moved into self-publishing. When I wrote "deserves the effort" I meant that there is a lot of content in this book and therefore most people are going to need to read it several times. Thankfully the writing itself is clear and completely understandable. I'd say this book was cheap at twice the price!

Value Backing - The Value Backing Guide to Make Money Betting
Value Backing - The Value Backing Guide to Make Money Betting

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining book to get beginners started, 2 Jan. 2013
This book is part autobiography, part general information on the horseracing industry and part points to consider when looking for bets. The autobiography and general horseracing sections are an engaging read. The section on points to look at when considering bets takes more time to digest. I suspect more experienced racing punters would find it too simple but as a complete beginner to horseracing, I found it useful. It hasn't lured me into racing betting but it was still worth reading. The reason I docked a star is because I'm a bit of a pedant and this book needs a proper proof read to sort out a sprinkling of errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation. The content is still good, I just find such basic errors annoying.