Profile for Liz > Reviews

Liz

Bone Tomahawk [Blu-ray] [2016]
Bone Tomahawk [Blu-ray] [2016]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell

4.0 out of 5 stars ... it and I am a fan and was so glad to see him again in the Hateful Eight, 20 Jun. 2016
I bought this film because it had Kurt Russell in it and I am a fan and was so glad to see him again in the Hateful Eight. I enjoyed it, it is well made and well acted. Russell is excellent as always as is Matthew Fox. It is a little slow by modern movie standards and takes time to build the characters. A trait I think that is often sadly lacking in modern film making which is more wham bam thank-you mam. It is also I think probably more true to life than most films, the good guys do not wade their way through 20-30 bad guys without a scratch. I watch a lot of films and a lot of horror films and I am pretty impervious to most of the violence, however with regard to the violence I have to agree with one of the earlier reviews, there is one particular scene that is truly horrific and kept me awake that night, I am not sure I could bare to watch it a second time, I might just fast forward through that part. I have no doubt that it is that one scene that is responsible for its 18 cert as the rest is reasonably mild by modern standards. Overall an enjoyable film, well made, well acted, well written.

Ultimate Manilow
Ultimate Manilow

4.0 out of 5 stars Great songs from a great artist, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Ultimate Manilow (MP3 Download)
Great songs from a great artist. However the purchase is blighted by the fact that amazon insist on you downloading their nasty music player to get your music. They are so good on so many things, why they can't just let you download the music you have paid for it beyond me. I installed it, downloaded the music and then immediately uninstalled it, I don't want their software on my computer. I just want the MP3 files that I have paid for.

Patina Brown Cream Designer Large Modern Rug 120cmx170cm
Patina Brown Cream Designer Large Modern Rug 120cmx170cm
Offered by HOME SOLUTIONS

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 20 Oct. 2014
This is a poor quality product, the sides are properly finished, but basically these rugs are cut off a much longer role and as a result the ends are not properly finished, on the ends the backing is simply folder and glued and on mine you can see the backing poking our from the end. Cheap, poor quality item not worth what they are asking.

The Goatman Murders [DVD]
The Goatman Murders [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Costa
Offered by Springwood Media

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 20 May 2013
This review is from: The Goatman Murders [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as cheap Friday night watch. I have absolutely nothing against a good gory slice up the silly teenagers slasher flick. However this reaches new lows. I cannot comment on the whole film as I only got ten minutes in, however during that 10 minutes I came to the conclusion that they must have had a budget of about 50p which they used on the rubber mask for the goat man and a bucket of entrails from their local butcher. I was not prepared to give up the additional hour of my life that it would have taken to watch the rest of it. Threw it in the bin.

Straw Dogs - Ultimate 40th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray] [1971]
Straw Dogs - Ultimate 40th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray] [1971]
Dvd ~ Dustin Hoffman

1.0 out of 5 stars Straw Dogs A Classic???????????, 17 April 2013
I bought this film because it was supposed to be a classic. I even heard the ending of the new bond compared to this film so I thought must be worth a look and I ordered it. It was a big mistake. This film may have had some shock value back in the seventies when people were used to Julie Andrews prancing around on an Austrian hillside but in 2013 it doesn't. It has a ridiculous storyline, questionable characters and the once shocking rape scene and violence at the end is no longer shocking. I am happy to say that the standard of film making have moved on since this film. I have sold my copy on, it is not worth the shelf space it would require to keep it.