Profile for Nina Cashmore > Reviews

Content by Nina Cashmore

Nina Cashmore

CSX Walking 3D Pedometer with Clip and Strap & eBook - Accurate Step Counter, Distance Miles and Km, Calorie Counter, Daily Target Progress Monitor, 7 Day Memory, Exercise Time - White - with Tri-Axis Stepometer Technology | 18 Month Warranty
Offered by CSX Direct | Aspire Desire

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 1 Feb. 2015
Very pleased with my pedometer. The large clip is very effective and stops the pedometer falling off my belt, (which the other one did - and broke). Also have the option of removing the clip and carrying it in pocket which is useful. Thought about getting a much more expensive step tracker (with all sorts of other technology that I didn't need or would be capable of working out how to use!), but this does the job for me at a fraction of the price. Good value for money.

Popcultured
Popcultured
by Steve Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Popcultured (Paperback)
I found this book informative, thought provoking and enlightening. We can sometimes become almost oblivious to the way media influences our thought processes and subsequently our actions and Popcultured draws our attention to what goes on behind the scenes a little, showing us how easily we can be manipulated to think a certain way. Steve reminds us that, as Christians, we don't need to abstain completely from listening to popular music, reading novels, watching TV and so on but we need to do so with discernment. The Bible tells us to be 'In the world but not of the world' and that 'All is permissible but not everything is beneficial'; these were the two verses that sprung to mind as I read this book.
Steves insights and experiences help to make sense of popular culture and show that if we see the world through Gods eyes we can make the right choices and enjoy the benefits these things bring without sacrificing our Christian principles.