Profile for E. S. Oguzturun > Reviews

Content by E. S. Oguzturun

E. S. Oguzturun (London)

Photoshop Elements 6 (MAC)
Photoshop Elements 6 (MAC)

5.0 out of 5 stars great piece of kit!, 8 Jan. 2009
My girlfriend is a fashion student therefore Photoshop comes in extremely handy with her work, unfortunately she's not very good at using it. Usually when she needs something done on Photoshop she'll get me to do it...again, unfortunate. The thing is I would have to go all the way to my uni to get my hands on the software which sometimes led to being a wate of my time, especially if it's a 10 minute job that needs to be done....that's why I decided to get Elements for my girlfriends Mac, well actually we both paid for it, but I'll be the one using it. I have some previous experience with Photoshop and I was very happy when installing this to see that it's perfect! Some people complained about it being a PC app on a Mac, so what?! It works great, very easy to use (if you have some experience with it, if you don't then I would suggest buying a help book of some kind. Anyways I wanted to say that this for me is a great App, with plenty of options and tools....today I helped my girlfriend out with her work, if I went into Uni it would have wasted my whole day...with this at home....it took me 30mins tops....brilliant!

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (Xbox 360)
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 24 Nov. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this game today and have been playing it for a good 3-4 hours so far and I feel I have enough time with the game to post a review so here goes...

Firstly the previous reviewer (the one with the LOW score) was in my opinion very wrong with the comments...okay so previous Spidey games had cool swing mechanism or cool battle combos etc...but so does this!!! the reason the developers didn't use the old game mechanics was because they created their own for a reason...to make a name for themselves!!! and I think they've done a great job.

The swinging is fast and easy to use, a 'pull and hold' on the Right Trigger lets you swing, depending on the timing you'll go faster or higher, so there is some skill involved although limited.

There is a great mix of combos though to get the best you have to play for over half an hour, so you can unlock them and learn some through the mission based tutorials. You can use X for punches and kicks, with a variety of styles depending if you're playing in the Red or Black suit (which you can change anytime)...the Y attacks are my favourite, this button grabs onto your enemy with some web and slings you towards them...when you're close enough you can press any of the buttons to do a variety of attacks (X,Y,B) which look greeeeeeat!!!

I would say that the battles are the best aspects of the game, the web swinging is obviously cool but there are some minor flaws such as getting trapped in a tight area...Spidey just ends up dancing around franticly. However these are minor and probably more due to my initial lack of skill rather then a fault with the game itself.

The story is original, not from the films though as another reviewer mentioned it is taken (or at least close to) from other story arcs in the Marvel universe. I like being able to switch between the black and red suit, although I haven't been doing this so much, I know I'm going to be playing through the game at least a couple of times so I saved the black suit for the next time...you can also upgrade both suits with experience points you acquire through missions and defeating enemies, which again makes it great for an extra play through

The thing that makes this game better then the previous (in my opinion) is that everything gels together well, it's easy to go from swinging to fighting, to swinging again, wall climbing or running also...everything melds together well. Also the atmosphere in the game, when you're swinging through buildings and you hear sirens go off, switch on your Spidey Sense and go in and take out some bad guys, then just carry on swinging...all in one smoooooth motion.

This is a must buy for Spidey fans and now also fro other gamers too, especially after the price has fallen so rapidly there's no reason not to buy it...fun, addictive, great gameplay, cool story and only just over 20quid...9/10 (a took a point away cos I think there should be a better variety of music in the game :-)

Virtua Tennis World Tour (PSP)
Virtua Tennis World Tour (PSP)
Offered by mr__shackleford

5.0 out of 5 stars fast, smooth and fun, fun, fun!!!, 28 July 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I recently wanted to get rid of my PSP because I was so bored of all it's racers, uninventive rpg's and same old action games. However after some persuasion from my girlfriend -whom didnt want me to get rid of the PSP cos of all the money I had spent on it- I decided to hang onto it for a lil longer atleast. That's when I decided to buy this game, I must say what a great choice I made listening to my girlfriend lol! This game is great fun, you can play it in short bursts of 5mins or play it for a couple of hours at a go. There's a good variety of shots which actually do affect each point. World Tour mode is very impressive and challenging. All in all a brill game and it has brought new life into my old PSP...

Superman: Up, Up and Away
Superman: Up, Up and Away
by Geoff Johns

4.0 out of 5 stars Superman, 18 Mar. 2008
I've recently begun to enter the world of graphic novels, and decided to start off with this superman novel which follows the events of 'infinite crisis' a year on. okay so this probably wasnt the best place to start but still I enjoyed it. The drawings, the colour, the text is superb! quite funny in some places and serious in others. i don't really have anything to compare this to, but from what i've read and seen its a cool novel with lots of ups and downs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2009 2:39 PM BST

Need for Speed: ProStreet (PSP)
Need for Speed: ProStreet (PSP)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars first time.., 26 Feb. 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
my girlfriend bought this game for me as a surprise on the day of release, she loves racing games and thought that this would be a nice game for my collection (so she could play it more like lol) anyways i must admit I was a tad upset that she didnt put her money into something a little more 'me', such as an rpg or shooter. anyway this game truely was a surprise for me, I actually avoided NFS games prior to this, and now I've found myself searching the internet for previous installments to the series lol.

the game is great to fly through off-line, and its up to you if you want to use one car or constantly upgrade and buy new cars, you can play the game how you wish. the tracks are cool and somewhat challenging (or maybe that's just my lack of skill). Where i've really enjoyed the game is online, with a huge variety of cars to choose from it really can be anyone's race!

in conclusion, this game is cool! maybe not for everyone (my little bro hated it) but deffinatly for me! if you enjoy racing games that you can pick up and play easily then check this out, i doubt you'll be dissapointed!

Final Fantasy IV Advance(GBA)
Final Fantasy IV Advance(GBA)
Offered by John Seth Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars hooked and reeled in..., 17 Jan. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
i used to play alot of rpgs, some of my favourite include FFVIII and the more recent Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata. recently i've just been a little 'off' towards rpg's and really couldn't be bothered with it all.

however i found FFIV at gamestation for a nifty £4.99 so decided to buy it for a rainy day, that rainy day was yesterday! i switched on the game and i was hooked before the opening sequence even ended. the music, the plot, the emotion, the villains...wow! this is what gaming is all about for me and FFIV surely delivers in all departments. so i've just ordered FFV and FFVI for the GBA, i've heard that these are better then IV, i can't wait!

the point is...this is a greeeeeeeeeat game!!! and if you enjoy being apart of a captivating story full of twists, sidequests and great characters then this is the game for you, if you don't want any of those then your on the wrong page...go buy halo or need for speed lol!

10/10, 100%, 5 STARS....