Profile for Rosalyn Young > Reviews

Content by Rosalyn Young

Rosalyn Young (Cambridgeshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Linens Limited Terry Towelling Cotton Kitchen Tea Towels, Green/White, 3 Pack
Linens Limited Terry Towelling Cotton Kitchen Tea Towels, Green/White, 3 Pack
Offered by Linens Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Wash before use, and wash seperately!, 16 Dec 2014
For the price, which is really cheap tbh, I can't really complain. They are what they are, and seem to be of a thick enough quality to be of their intended use.
However, as I usually do, I put them straight in the wash before first use, and boy does the colour come out of them!
These really do require washing firstly, and don't mix them with anything else as everything I suspect would go a vague shade of green....
I plan to wash them seperately for the forseeable...

Ecover Zero Percent Non Bio Washing Powder 10 Washes 750 g (Pack of 3)
Ecover Zero Percent Non Bio Washing Powder 10 Washes 750 g (Pack of 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 9 Nov 2014
Been using this now for a while - it does wash clothes clean enough, but then after a week or so of washed and fully dried and aired clothes being stored in a drawer or cupboard, all the clothes smell like they're old damp flannels!!

No, they've not been put away damp, and yes I've used conditioner with a pleasant aroma to that.... but still the damp flannels thing - so I've had to wash all our clothes again just to get rid of the nasty smell and ended up using proprietary detergents again.

Not a good buy for us under these circumstances, and won't be buying again.

PLASTIC MUG CUP NEW SILICONE TAKEAWAY TRAVEL COFFEE LID SLEEVE TEA INSULATED CAR (PINK)
Offered by BARGAINS-GALORE

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well enough, 9 Nov 2014
I am really quite pleased with this bargain-priced drinks cup.
The pink colours on the one I bought are vivid and sure to brighten any dull day.
The lid has proven to be able to keep the contents inside the cup when tipped to be sipped from, and the band of silicone does its job too, keeping most of the heat from your fingers and hands so you can hold the thing when it contains hot drinks.

However the cup itself for my money isn't insulated as you would perhaps expect of that word - it's not like a thermos or double-skinned drinks container, and the cup body proper does get really hot, denoting quite a bit of heat loss instead of heat retention.
It does keep hot drinks hotter for longer than if held in an open-topped cup, so this works well enough for me.
Care may need to be exercise when washing the lid - the silicone washer seal is not glued in or anything, and easily falls out, so just keep an eye on this so it doesn't fall out and get lost.

For the price, can't really argue.

Ultrasport Self Inflating Mat - Blue
Ultrasport Self Inflating Mat - Blue
Price: £24.87 - £52.12

1.0 out of 5 stars 100% failure rate!, 27 Oct 2014
I bought the 10cm version of this back when it was a bargain price, and was initially very pleased with it - so pleased that I later bought one for hubby as well, and also recommended these to friends of ours who bought them...

Only, hubby's one has has some form of slow leak from brand spanking new - whilst it hasn't gone down in the night in use, when packed it inflates itself in its bag and so squishes outwards and becomes incredibly hard to remove the next time you want to use it. Not terribly impressed with that, but thought maybe that was a 1-off.... until my mat started to lose air in the night in use!

2 out of 2 with failures - not impressed tbh, with a 100% failure rate in ours.
And we're not at all heavy-handed with our equipment and treat all our kit with care.
Just watching and waiting for if/when friends' mats now also fail... (cry)

So, 2 stars only - for the bargain price from way back, and the 4 or 5 uses I've had from mine before it too has now failed. It's not fun finding yourself in huge amounts of pain, hardly able to move, because you're literally lying on the ground and your back is threatening to pop out again...
Noting now that other reviewers have been discovering some issues similar to these, and that it is difficult to a/ find the leak and b/ fix the leak cos the repair items supplied do not work on the mat material. Sigh. Will not be looking at Ultrasport for buying any replacements.

Edit: I've taken the numerical scoring down to the lowest you can do here - 1 star only.
Any friends or acquaintances of mine to whom I have mentioned Ultrasport in a good light previously, please kindly notice that I now revoke any recommendation I have ever made about Ultrasport.
The only recommendation I can now make is to avoid them.
This is because Ultrasport appear to be very good at ignoring all contact attempts, so any offers made on this site about replacing faulty items "at once" are moot in my direct experience.

If I get no response again from emails sent to an alternative email address I found myself for Ultrasport, as the one they supply in their 'ever so sorry' comment on my review here gains zero reply other than auto system acknowledgement, I'll be asking Amazon to intervene if they can and also looking to Trading Standards and Court action against the UK supplier if advised.
Enough is enough.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2014 8:51 PM GMT

SAMSUNG GALAXY Y S5360 PU LEATHER MAGNETIC FLIP CASE SKIN COVER WALLET POUCH + FREE STYLUS(owl deer book case)
Offered by Gr8ValuePlus Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 22 Oct 2014
Lovely little phone cover - fits well, and is in the currently fashionable owl design.
The magnet snap-shut is strong enough without taking your fingers off, and the strap is very handy for carrying about or retrieving from a handbag.
The plastic phone-hold is the perfect fit, so your phone snaps in there and stays put, with no jiggling about to scratch the sides - yet it also allows for easy phone removal for when you need to access the back cover/get at the sd card, etc.

I am well pleased with this cover - one of the best I've had.

Better Brew Bottle Drainer 50 bottles
Better Brew Bottle Drainer 50 bottles
Offered by 247 Homebrew

5.0 out of 5 stars In permanent use!, 22 Oct 2014
This has turned out to be one of those purchases that prove to be the best ever!

It makes draining bottles to dry so much easier and safer than propping up on the draining board and hoping no-one knocks them over....

This is now a permanent feature in the utility.

The only tip I would offer other folk is just to try to balance the bottles on opposite sides, so it doesn't get heavy on one side only - it doesn't tip over or anything like that, but it just seems less stable if not balanced like this.

Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Cream 25ml
Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Cream 25ml
Offered by Green 2 you

1.0 out of 5 stars Going in the bin, 22 Oct 2014
Oh dear - what should help clear troubled skin in fact for me only serves to worsen everything!

No idea what they've put in this, but there's certainly something in here that reacts very badly with my skin, almost to the point of blistering.

Destined for the bin.

5 x HEBE IN 9CM POTS HARDY EVERGREEN QUALITY SHRUBS MIXED HEBES
5 x HEBE IN 9CM POTS HARDY EVERGREEN QUALITY SHRUBS MIXED HEBES

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy, 2 Oct 2014
These arrived in really good condition, were planted out fairly quickly, and have taken off really well, with new growth in evidence.

Lovely shrub plants, that look to be healthy and aiming to fill the space I hoped that they will in the garden.

Lovely.

Wenzel Tundra 4 Season Sleeping Bag - Blue
Wenzel Tundra 4 Season Sleeping Bag - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars MASSIVE, 2 Oct 2014
This sleeping bag feels lovely, being mostly contructed of cotton rather than nylon or polyester.

But it is truly MASSIVE!

The sheer bulk of the bag will make it cumbersome for anything other than going camping in a truck - it will take up most of any average sized carseat even when in it's bag! It really is that big!

Yet to be tested out in anger in cold conditions...

Vicco Vajradanti Ayurvedic Herbal Tooth Powder 100g Export Pack
Vicco Vajradanti Ayurvedic Herbal Tooth Powder 100g Export Pack
Offered by Crazee Deal

1.0 out of 5 stars How on earth...?, 2 Oct 2014
Bought this on a recommendation - wish I hadn't!

How on earth do people use this?

If you dampen your brush to collect some of the powder, then the remainder in the pot gets damp as well and clumps together in a big lump.
The powder itself is black, and when I look in the mirror it seems that rather than whitening teeth, my teeth actually look yellower! and I don't smoke!

If anyone does know the knack of using this stuff without pouring most of it out in one go and wasting it, or making it into a solid ball in the pot, and if the taste of very strong tree bark, cloves, and other 'dentine' style flavours is fine, then maybe try it if you're aiming for an ayurvedic/flouride-free teeth cleaning regime.

But this is not for me.