Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Mede8er MED600X3D 3D Media Player
Mede8er MED600X3D 3D Media Player
Offered by my-HTPC

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit, 12 Mar 2014
I've been using media players for around four years now and have a few simple requirements for a player:

*Play all formats of video codecs
*Support 24p playback
*Passthrough True-HD and DTS-HD via HDMI

Until getting this unit I was using an ASUS OPlay! HD2, which although technically good is bulky and has a hideous menu system (it looks like it escaped from the late 1980's) and as I discovered to my horror stuttered badly on 24p playback. For watching HD movies I have "42 Panasonic 1080p Plasma which because of its deep blacks and high contrast ratio/refresh rate is perfect for bluray quality films, so having smooth 24p playback is a deal breaker for me. I originally wanted a Dune HD B1/D1/H1 but they are currently discontinued and hard to get hold of second hand (also read bad reviews of the Dune HD Max). I looked at the Popcorn Hour models but I was put off by negative reviews so when the Mede8er went on sale I snapped one up.

The Mede8er does all the above perfectly, its played every type of file that I've thrown at it so far with no stuttering or playback issues.
It also allows you to customize your menus with Thumbgen and similar scrapers giving menus an overall more professional finish.
The unit is also of a compact size and is completely silent. The remote control is of a good size and easy to use and as an added bonus has a light up button allowing easy use in the dark.
Overall an excellent player that I would recommend to anyone

Star Trek: Titan: Absent Enemies
Star Trek: Titan: Absent Enemies

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 12 Mar 2014
After the recent Fall series I was looking forward to see what was next for Will Riker and the crew of the Titan, but this was quite a letdown. The characterizations are off and there are a number of glaring mistakes when the author refers to past events which put me off straight away. Get this is if you are a want a complete collection only. Miller has been contracted to write a novel for next year featuring the crew of the Aventine, if its anything like this I'll give it a miss.

IVSO® Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 N5110 Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case with Multi-Angle Stand (Black)
Offered by Gambolex

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent case with a few niggles, 3 Nov 2013
I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and obviously needed a case for it. I advise prospective buyers to ignore most of the reviews below if you are buying this case for a Note 8.0 as they were published befofe the tablet was even available. To the case itself it actually looks quite cheap and the clips are quite stiff so its a little awkward getting the tablet in first time. A major downside being a clip that rests smack bang in front of the tablets back button and you also have to unclip the botton 2 clips to stand the tablet up. On the positive side the back of fhe front of the case has a handy strap which sis useful when using the Note as an ereader and the rear facing camera isn't obscured at all. In summary this is a basic case that although my not look that great does the job but I wouldn't pay more than £10 for it.