Profile for Jonkey > Reviews

Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Do dead, undead people really move that fast?, 21 July 2014
This review is from: World War Z (Blu-ray)
This film was watchable and while I wasn't a huge fan, I did enjoy the tension (in this regard it was an excellent thriller!)
However, in my opinion there just wasn't the story, or characterisation to make you really engage with the film.

As has been said previously, I found Brad Pitt to be just mediocre - something I don't normally associate with him.

Finally, the real thing I couldn't get past was the fact that the zombies (sorry, undead!) all seemed to be speeded up in a cheesy 1970's police chase type of way. This really annoyed me, to the point of frustration. (And it annoys me that I was annoyed!) but for me, this made the film less believable. (Well, as believable as undead, dead people running around biting alive people to make them undead, dead people can possibly be!)

Sorry, just not for me.

Pain and Gain
Pain and Gain
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so much better., 21 July 2014
This review is from: Pain and Gain (Blu-ray)
The joy of this film really is the end of it.

As has been said before, it's boring and pointless - two actors I really like create a movie with little to no humour (despite that being the aim) and it's a real shame.

You can see from the film that there was real potential to make this into a very funny and engaging movie but it just didn't happen.

Really, if you're thinking of putting this on your list - make sure you watch it one night after work when you still need to be up in the morning because if you save it for a weekend treat, you'll be disappointed!

Nivea Sun Kids Moisturising Sun Spray SPF50+ 200 ml
Nivea Sun Kids Moisturising Sun Spray SPF50+ 200 ml
Offered by WebBasket
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - we swear by it!, 21 July 2014
As always, this product does what it says on the bottle!

Protected me... oops, sorry, the kids(!) while on holiday in Turkey for two weeks!

Easy to apply and even better, the spray nozzle doesn't leave half a bottle left when it stops - the spray works right until the bottle is pretty much empty which for me spells great value for money (just saying!).