Profile for PJ > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Santana IV
Santana IV

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album, 15 April 2016
This review is from: Santana IV (Audio CD)
I don't care what anyone else says, I love this album, It is not 1969/70 but the drive and emotion of the original Santana lineup is back which I greatly miss. There are some great riffs and many varied rhythm patterns. The album really grows on you after several plays. Just sit back, relax, smile and enjoy! Nothing like a bit of 'Yambu' before lunch (lol)!

Once & Future King Pt 2
Once & Future King Pt 2
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended Melodic Rock, 13 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Once & Future King Pt 2 (Audio CD)
Bought this album after listening to several Ten albums. Very melodic with good cast. Great production. Worth adding to your collection if you like melodic work.

Delusion Rain
Delusion Rain

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Album of 2015, 12 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Delusion Rain (MP3 Download)
My Favorite Album of 2015. I have not stopped playing it since purchase. Fantastic band. Great vocalist and very melodic.

The Fearless: Pt. 1 (Dalek Empire)
The Fearless: Pt. 1 (Dalek Empire)
by Sarah Mowatt

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 May 2015
I really enjoyed this Big Finish Dalek Empire series. It is an excellent full cast production. Highly recommended.

Gallifrey: Intervention Earth (Doctor Who)
Gallifrey: Intervention Earth (Doctor Who)
by Scott Handcock

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Addition To The Series, 12 April 2015
A good addition to the series. I enjoyed this story. Well done Big Finish.

Wolflight
Wolflight

5.0 out of 5 stars World Class Guitarist, 31 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Wolflight (MP3 Download)
I have just listened to the album for the first time today. It is an album of quality with a good mixture of themes. The mix of classical and rock guitar will keep my interest for a long time. Well done, Steve! May there be many more high quality produced albums like this in the future!

Northlands
Northlands

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Prog Album of 2014, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Northlands (Audio CD)
I too purchased this album out of curiosity. Best Prog album of 2014. Not stopped listening to it since I bought it. You will not be disappointed. Brilliant.

Camel Footage [DVD]
Camel Footage [DVD]
Dvd ~ Camel

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic DVD. Brought back great memories, 9 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Camel Footage [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic DVD. Brought back great memories.

Gallifrey VI CD (Dr Who Big Finish)
Gallifrey VI CD (Dr Who Big Finish)
by Scott Handcock

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good End To The Series, 23 Feb. 2014
I have enjoyed this series and will be sad to see it end. This box sets completes the series well and includes a bonus documentary, looking back at all six series of Gallifrey, including interviews with the cast and crew.

Mirror +4 [Japan]
Mirror +4 [Japan]
Offered by Japan-Select

5.0 out of 5 stars Underrated, 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Mirror +4 [Japan] (Audio CD)
I've always felt that this album should be given far more credit in its own right. Ok, it has a different feel to the older 'classic period' 10cc albums but I'm happy with that because there are some very poor tracks on those albums which I hate and avoid. I don't get that feeling when I listen to this CD all the way through. It's a CD that I like to regularly listen to because it's so easy on the ear. Featuring two of 10cc's original core band members, Graham Gouldman and Eric Stewart, the album includes performances by Paul McCartney on two tracks, Andrew Gold on two tracks and Rick Fenn on one track. There are some good songs and 'Ready To Go Home' is an absolute classic in my view. This Japanese extended edition also includes a bonus Paul McCartney written track ' Yvonne's The One' which has a happy and enjoyable calypso feel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4