Profile for Mo > Reviews

Content by Mo

Mo "f1mo" (London)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Tefal Cook4Me Intelligent Multi-Cooker with Interactive Control Panel and 50 Integrated Recipes, 6 Litre, 1300 W
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for novices, 5 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used this machine for a few recipes now. As a machine, this does a few jobs, pressure cooker, steamer and browner, therefore if you have separate machines, perhaps this one can consolidate.

The user interface is simple. Onscreen and rotary selection knob - push to select.

On manual mode, you can cook all types off food, but this I would say needs more experience to know what settings give the desirable results.

The machine has easy to use onscreen instructions for pre set recipes. I have tried a few. The Cod loin with prawn is at present my favourite and took 10 minutes to cook and approx 10 minutes to prep. With this particular recipe, all the ingredients can be placed in the bowl at once and then press to begin, no other intervention required until the end for garnish.

I also tried a curry, this I found to have taken longer than desired. Time to prep, then using the machine there were several stages of cooking and ingredient input. I know how to cook, therefore I know, making this particular dish, it would have been faster on the stove.
Tricky dishes like Risotto, the machine is brilliant.

There is also a timer delay function - described as having food fresh and hot when you come home. This will only work with ingredients which are not going to go off during the course of the day and also recipes which can be done with all ingredients in the bowl at the same time.

Once the cooking is complete, there is a choice of keeping food warm. This is a handy feature to serve warm fresh food.

I have also used this on manual mode and found the functions to be really useful. I have made steamed Goyza dumplins then browned them. This proved to be really handy as i got perfectly stemmed dumplings in 10 minutes and then browned them in another few minutes all in one machine.

Overall, this machine in my opinion is ideal for the novices or those who want to cook simple dishes very easily without too much intervention. The machine is very intelligent and has lots of prompts through the stages of cooking. I have also found the recipes to be very healthy due to the transparency of ingredients. Smart machine with many functions.

ResultSport® - Athletics Roller Massage Stick - Trigger Point Massage
ResultSport® - Athletics Roller Massage Stick - Trigger Point Massage
Offered by ResultSport

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have tool for pre and post workout, 1 May 2015
I absolutely love this massage roller. Its robust and works a treat. I use this pre work out and also post work out. It helps with warm up stretches and I find this gets me far better results quicker.
I suffer with knots and tightness in my legs. Especially after all the injuries I have had. This roller helps me to over come the tightness before a workout.

This roller is permanently in my training bag.

Playmags Clear Colors Magnetic Tiles Deluxe Building Set with Car (100-Piece)
Playmags Clear Colors Magnetic Tiles Deluxe Building Set with Car (100-Piece)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great learning tool but very frustrating, 1 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My three year old has exhausted Duplo and finds them easy, especially being creative. This toy however is far more challenging. The magnetic shapes - best way to describe - interlink by contact. Unfortunately this is where they are slightly too weak to retain their structure, position and as being magnets they are polar, so they do not all fit together even in basic form such as a cube.

The box comes with some examples of building structures and shapes to encourage exploration with these magnetic shapes. Included are a vast array of pieces - square, rectangle, triangle,window shape, chassis to build car or vehicle and in bright vibrant colours. This kit is also supplied with a hold all. While the guide sheet shows example of what is possible, i think even an adult will find this challenging.

I find it interesting observing my little child playing with these as this toy is challenging and it makes her think, which aids her development and experimental skills. At present she is simply playing with shapes, stacking them, arranging them and connecting similar shapes.

I personally believe the value for money is hard to justify. The frustration of the magnets will have an impact on the actual joy and longevity of the toy. Kids will get frustrated, then ultimately stop playing with such a toy. If the connections were more rigid and retained its shapes then the child could enjoy making structures, but as it is, this cannot be done. Disappointing.

Maxifuel Viper Active Gels - Lemon and Lime, 70 g, Pack of 24
Maxifuel Viper Active Gels - Lemon and Lime, 70 g, Pack of 24

5.0 out of 5 stars Turbo power - feel the difference., 9 Feb. 2015
I have used many carbo gel, but nothing comes close to Viper Boost. I use to buy these easily from Tesco or Boots, but now they do not stock. So i tried the alternative - SIS gel. I felt no difference using the SIS gel. I have tried the Energygel, this is also good, but when you use the Viper boost, you can actally tell the difference. The endurance levels are far more higher and I can last longer giving 100% in my training without feeling the fatigue.

Thermoskin Thermal Shorts Large Waist 89-94cm and Thigh 59-63cm
Thermoskin Thermal Shorts Large Waist 89-94cm and Thigh 59-63cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb thermal compression shorts - ideal for tight muscles., 9 Feb. 2015
I have a injured hamstring which is healed but knotted. I take part in martial arts which has a lot of kicking involved so i need to keep heat in my legs once i have warmed and stretched out. I use to wear the Kooga compression shorts, which we very good until i discovered these. These shorts are amazing, they heat up and keep the heat. By using these shorts i have found my confidence and also ability to improve. I cannot recommend these enough, they are superb.

Wet and Dry Sandpaper Mixed Grits - 2000 / 2500 / 3000 - 6 sheets 2 per grit 230 x 280mm Waterproof Paper Highest Quality STARCKE MATADOR
Offered by TST Abrasive Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great range of fine grit paper, 23 Dec. 2014
Fantastic - good range of fine grit wet and dry. Used these to restore my headlights and also to help with preparing the paint work on the car body. I have found the paper to be very robust, the grit does not come off the paper.

Meguiar's G1900UK Headlight Restoration Kit
Meguiar's G1900UK Headlight Restoration Kit
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy extra wet and dry for results, 23 Dec. 2014
My headlights are very cloudy and I have heard there are restoration kits available. I decided to give this a try due to the contents.

The first attempt to clean the lights with polish was a failure. Made no difference. I then used the wet and dry pads. This considerably helped, but was just not enough wet and dry to pads to complete the job.
I have since bought wet and dry paper P1200, P2000, P2500 and P3000 grit. Using these to remove oxidisation from the headlights and then applying the polish provided better result.

In all honesty, this kit just does not do the job, I have bought a kit from 3M since and used this kit. I can sincerely say the 3M kit did the job. Clear lens looks new.

Rentokil PS136 Insectrol 250ml
Rentokil PS136 Insectrol 250ml
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Kills spiders and that is a result..., 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Rentokil PS136 Insectrol 250ml
It works on spiders!! oh and other crawlers. Its very good value comparing to the Spiderex at £10 a can. It is not as potent as the Spiderex but it does certainly kills them. I have had some big nasty spiders which will scare most people locked out by this. Its also meant to leave a lasting coating to keep crawlers away for a period. I shall be buying more of these.

Cybex Gold Pallas 2-Fix Toddler Car Seat Group 1/2/3 (Black River/ Grey)
Cybex Gold Pallas 2-Fix Toddler Car Seat Group 1/2/3 (Black River/ Grey)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy, flexible and packed with safety, 9 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am currently using the Recaro child safety seat and have been doing so from stage 1. When I had seen this and the great reviews I thought I must try it out and compare with the very robust (almost too much) Recaro.

So I will be making direct comparison with the experiences with my current child seat and this new one.

Install - easy. Either you can use the Isofix system or with a three point belt. This makes the seat very versatile. My car does not have isofix but my wife has a car which it does, therefore we can transfer the seat between both cars. The Isofix bars can be folded away in the base when not used.

The child is held in place with the three point belt. This makes the process fast and easy, especially if you have a disgruntled toddler or child who is in no mood to be strapped in. One of my biggest issue with the Recaro is the difficulty with the restraining belts. The Recaro has its own restraining belts. Adjusting the belts is difficult, while there is the push release the straps do get stuck. On a rainy day this is beyond annoying. Its also extra fiddly. The straps come together to form a pin which goes into the lock. Both these have to fit together before you can insert into the lock. Fiddly and also takes too long. The Cybex does not have this issue and I have found my little one more comfortable with the seat belt then the Recaro straps.
Additionally for younger children - stage 1, there is an additional cushion for reducing forward movement. This cushion is designed to cover the chest area. This too is adjustable with a growing child until they are ready to move up.

The seat is easily adjusted. There are sprung loaded catches to move and adjust rear sections, base and a reclining seat base for extra comfort for the child.

Parent know kids can make a mess, therefore it is important to have easy removable covers and covers which fit easily back on without sagging. The covers on this are a stretchy fabric which can be washed easily. There are velcro and button fixings for the cover. My Recaro has a suede effect sports seat cover. This is great for gripping the child and restricting movement, but awkward to maintain.

The rear head section can also be adjusted for extra comfort. This can be moved forward and backward, so for observant kids who always want to look around and move their heads forward for better viewing, the head rest can be moved forward. This reduces strain on their little necks.

There are plenty of padding around the head and also the seat has additional side impact cushion. These are attached to the side.

Generally my toddler is happier in the Cybex than the Recaro.

The seat is quite heavy, but no more than the Recaro. The build quality is first class (German engineered and designed). Kids safety seats over £100 normally have plenty of safety features. The Cybex is not a cheap option and is perhaps one of the more expensive seats on the market, but if you are after quality, added assurance or extra protection, added flexibility and features, built to last not one but many children, then this is for you.

Philips 4.5W (50W) 3000K 36D Warm White GU10 LED Spot Light Bulbs (2 Pack)
Philips 4.5W (50W) 3000K 36D Warm White GU10 LED Spot Light Bulbs (2 Pack)
Offered by MACNEIL UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value twin pack - Non Dimmable, 1 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using LED lighting for years and the last few years the quality is more consistent, price has come down and reliability improved. Nothing less than this is expected from the global leader in lighting.

First off, 4.5W claims to replace 50W. The beam is a common 36 degree and 3000K therefore a like-for-like comparison can be made. The colour of the light is a nice warm white which is clean (not yellow, not pink, not blue) quite warm neutral and pleasant. The actual product is also flush face, therefore will fit most downlights easily without any protrusion. Like other LED lamps, the light is instant on with 100% brightness.

Other claims, a robust 50,000 switches and 15,000hrs lifetime. In domestic terms with 4hrs use everyday, this will last 10 years.

While the claim of lifetime is great and is made by a reliable brand, I would have liked a warranty or guarantee at the least. Other big lighting brands offer at least 3-5 years.

Generally there light output is good, appearance is good and I would say these present a good value at £12 a pair. As a comparison - a decent quality halogen GU10 can cost £1.50-£2.00. The lifetime at best is 2,000hrs and considering the massive energy saving, the way to go is LED.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12