Profile for Bruce Roubitchek > Reviews

Content by Bruce Roubitchek

Bruce Roubitchek (Los Angeles, CA)

The House
The House
Price: 6.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another amazing CD from Katie!!!, 1 Jun 2010
This review is from: The House (Audio CD)
Living in the USA I would have had to wait until August 3rd to get the CD when it is released here. However as I have done in the past I pre-ordered the CD from AmazonUK. It was dispatched from the UK on May 22nd and it landed on my front porch on May 26th. Even after ordering from them a number of times now it still is amazing a package can arrive that quickly from the UK to the USA in only a matter of days. The price was also very good. After Amazon's very customer friendly low price gaurentee the CD ended up being about $8 or $9 plus shipping.

As for the music on the CD. Yet another amazing CD from Katie. I am usually a pick and skip kind of person when it comes to listening to CD's. The House is one of those rare CD's where I did not hit the skip button at all. I really like the entire CD. Amoung my favorite tracks from the CD are "A Happy Place"(probably my fovorite track on the CD), Red Balloons(Her voice sounds amazing here), Tiny Alien (My 2nd favorite Track on the CD), No fear of Heights and the flood.

I still don't understand how Katie has gone undisovered in the USA. She has such a beautiful voice and is a great songwriter. Hoepfully with the release of the CD on August 3rd that will change. The packge from Amazon arrived at the end of a very long day for me and I thought it would take a few days longer so it was a sight for sore eyes to see the House had arrived so quickly. Thanks Amazon for your contiuned amazing customer service. Also thanks to Katie and her entire staff for yet another amazing CD.

The Katie Melua Collection
The Katie Melua Collection
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my Favorite Katie Items, 21 May 2009
Living in the USA I was unable to attend this tour. However I pre-ordered The Collection when it was about to come out. Gosh I am glad I did. The CD is good but the DVD WOW. This is not only one my favorite Katie realted items I own but it is probably my favorite concert DVD. What a concert. It shows Katie at her best. So many great songs on the DVD it is great to see these songs performed live. I can only imagine what is was like being there. Also outstanding video and audio quality. The "Behind the Screens" bonus is also quite enjoyable to watch. I hope Katie and Co. keep making outstanding items like this in the future.