Profile for Boudicca > Reviews

Content by Boudicca

Boudicca (London, England)

CiberDirect Compatible Laser Toner Cartridge To Replace Brother TN2220 (2,600 Pages).
Offered by Ciberdirect
Price: 13.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible with Brother HL-2130, 8 Oct 2013
Having recently purchased the above printer, I was very disappointed to get through 2 of Brother's standard toner cartridges in less than 2 months. After doing an extensive search online I learnt that the Cartridge TN2220 was a high capacity cartridge compatible with the HL-2130 - though Brother hide this fact! I ordered by chance then, and very pleased to discover that the cartridge fits. I'm giving this five stars because, even though it works (fingers crossed it actually IS high capacity) it arrived exactly on the predicted date - one date after ordering. Very pleased so far.

Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer
Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser Printer
Price: 74.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Costly Toner Cartridge, 5 Oct 2013
I have owned this Brother for just over 2 months and got through 2 print toners already - at 35 each that's really expensive! The toner for my last printer (a Samsung laser 1500) cost 25 and lasted two years. I assumed the Brother would be just as cost effective. I wish I'd done my research and bought something else.

North Sea Scrolls
North Sea Scrolls
Price: 11.62

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much Luke Haines, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: North Sea Scrolls (Audio CD)
Luke Haines makes a very small contribution to this album so if you're looking for the new LH save your coffers. It's not even very funny though there's a couple of tracks that did make me laugh out loud re: the Morris Men... full of hanky but no panky... otherwise, lets hope Luke gets back to form soon and dumps the other two. Musical theatre is not his forte...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2012 1:53 PM GMT

BT Synergy 5500 DECT Twin Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black / Silver
BT Synergy 5500 DECT Twin Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black / Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Second One Bought, 5 Jan 2011
I bought this phone as a present as I had previously purchased it for myself. My main reasons were (i)clear reception and (ii)ease of use - the answering machine is particularly easy to use: read/delete messages without any fuddle. Very small qualm is that missed calls requires fiddling with phone instead of number showing up immediately (bit like a mobile) but no real issue. However, the person I gave the phone to as a present has a third phone and has since discovered that when the telephone rings in her house and she picks up the old phone the BT Synergy continues to ring... very weird. I'm sure it's a small thing that can be ironed out but I've never known this to happen before. Good product though and I love mine (usually stuck to my ear whilst multi-tasking!)

Hey! Selim
Hey! Selim

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful walls of sound, 20 Sep 2010
This review is from: Hey! Selim (Audio CD)
Revere is an 8 piece band whose musicians include stings - violin and cello, trumpet, keyboards and the (usual) guitars. Unlike many bands for whom the non-guitarists mearly fill-in as incidental music, the true wonder of Revere is the use it makes of these various instruments to create a sound that is both eerie and soul searching. From the harmonics of "As the Radars Sleep" - previously available on EP, to the well played Escape Artist (a Tom Robinson favourite on Radio 6) to 'I can't (Forgive Myself)' in which Stephen Ellis's voice resonates with nostalgia and heart-felt agony, this album is a must for those who love indie music, the beauty of string ensembles and - yes - heavy rock. For far from being mellow, peaceful ditties, the real joy and triumph of Revere is their ability to take you on one journey - through daisy fields and moonlit skies only to find yourself in a warzone and back again - a true adventure which shakes up the bones as well as the soul.

Though unique, there are clear similarites - not on a musical front but on a methodological one - with the works of 'The Strange Death of Liberal England' and 'British Sea Power' So if you're a fan of either of these and have bought their records - give yourself a big treat - invest in Hey! Salim. You won't be disapointed.

Greenpeace: Standing Up for the Earth Calendar 2010
Greenpeace: Standing Up for the Earth Calendar 2010
by Greenpeace
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Calender, 11 Jan 2010
The best thing about this calender (asides from the moral one of helping the environment) is that it's really clear and the dates are written in big bold type; I buy one every year for my mother who has poor eyesight - and it is the ONLY calender she can clearly see the dates of.

Fujifilm FinePix J10 Digital Camera - Silver (8.2MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Pics, 16 Jun 2009
Having wanted to replace my old Olympus Camedia for a while, which was my first digital camera and took (and still takes) fantastic pictures (at 2mp) I bought an Olympus MJU 1040 - to my disapointment, whatever settings I used, the colour quality was/is awful and whilst it takes great indoor pictures the outdoor pictures were often blurred. As for colour balance, the colours were all off and so, with much ado I returned it. My next thought was to get a digital camera with a viewfinder. I went for the Canon Ixus 80is as it has just this. However, once purchased I soon discovered that, fine as the screen may be, the view finder was/is useless - no better than a pinhole, and in fact, if one wants a dc with viewfinder the next best thing costs well out of my budget and isn't small. In despair and with accessories for the Olympus having eaten into my budget (including an XD picture card which can only be used in Olympus and Fuji Cameras) I looked into buying a Fuji - I bought the J10 on the basis of Amazon reviews (though I bought the camera from Tesco for its 28 days no fuss return! - sorry Amazon). No, it didn't have a viewfinder but yes it was in my budget and no one had given it a one, two or even three star (as they had for the others). I've only had the camera for a few days but my goodness what fantastic pictures it takes - the colours are bright and lifelike, it is virtually impossible to take a picture out of focus as a warning light flashes up -there's the usual options of portrait/landscape etc but what I like best is the manual setting where I can set the exposure level +/-2 (couldn't do this on the Olympus). I'm so pleased with it I can't stop snapping; my XD card means I can hold loads of pictures; it's great on the video front too (sound it a bit hazy but that's to be expected) and whilst it does take a split second to focus on playback, this is amusing rather than frustrating (and doesn't happen on computer). I would thus highly recommend this product.

Olympus Mju 1040 Digital Camera - Melon Yellow (10.1MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish Camera, 4 Jun 2009
Very poor picture quality. Bought to replace Olympus 2mp and the old camera takes far, far superior pictures than this; works fine indoors but outdoors pictures are less than crisp (no matter what setting you use) and the colours are just awful. Don't buy.