Profile for David Trumbell > Reviews

Content by David Trumbell

David Trumbell

Anker® 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as expected, 17 April 2014
I was looking for flexible USB power and this fits the bill. 1 wall plug provides 5x USB power. I haven't stressed the 40W capability too much, but this easily handled charging an iPhone, iPad and Kindle at the same time. The product seems extremely well built. Lastly, I was looking for something I could travel with and the flexible figure-8 plug input with the 100 to 240V input makes this ideal for exactly this. Now, instead of traveling with an unreasonable amount of "wall warts", I just grab this with the appropriate power cable / plug adapter and I'm good to go.

SnoozeShade The Blackout Blind for Prams and Pushchairs
SnoozeShade The Blackout Blind for Prams and Pushchairs
Offered by Baby Lurve

5.0 out of 5 stars life changer!, 13 Feb 2012
The snooze shade really changed our life. We bought it to go on holiday. Our son really only likes to sleep in his cot which is great for most days, but not for when we want to be out and about. With the snoozeshade he was able to sleep in his pram and we were able to enjoy our holiday. Highly recommend this product!

D-Link DUB-H7 7 - Port USB 2.0 Hub External
D-Link DUB-H7 7 - Port USB 2.0 Hub External

5.0 out of 5 stars USB 2.0 hub that works as advertised., 4 April 2009
I've owned this USB 2.0 hub for a couple of months now and I have no complaints. It does its job as well as a USB hub can.

Belkin Surgemaster 8 Way 2m Cable Phone & Modem Protection
Belkin Surgemaster 8 Way 2m Cable Phone & Modem Protection

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid surge protector, 4 April 2009
This is a very good, inexpensive surge protector. The one downfall of this is the on/off switch is very easy to hit. I have 2 of these, both tucked behind my desk. Even with this placement, I still manage to hit the power button on 1 of the 2 about once per month, shutting down all of my computer kit connected to it.

Regular Expression Pocket Reference: Regular Expressions for Perl, Ruby, PHP, Python, C, Java and .NET (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
by Tony Stubblebine

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pocket reference for regex., 4 April 2009
This book is a good reference for regex. I purchased this book because it covered Python syntax and it's quick and easy to use. However, if you are looking for something more comprehensive, go for Mastering Regular Expressions.

Western Digital WD10EADS Caviar Green 1TB 3.5-inch OEM Internal Hard Drive (SATAII, 32MB Cache, Green Power)
Offered by Xtreme_Drives

1.0 out of 5 stars Packaging was abhorrent., 23 Mar 2009
BEWARE - As many other reviewers have stated, Amazon's package job on these drives is both shameful and abhorrent. They need to take a serious look at how they are packaging OEM drives. I am in contact with Amazon right now to try to get these returned as there is question over their longevity before I even open the static bag. Also, it's utterly inexcusable that they can't resolve the packing quality in a timely manner.

Sony MDREX32LPB In-Ear Headphone - Black
Sony MDREX32LPB In-Ear Headphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones at a great price., 5 Feb 2009
These headphones are great. They have good sound at a great price. Because they are noise isolating, they help keep the train noise out on my commute to work. I lost my first pair of these and didn't hesitate buying the same headphones to replace them.