Profile for Arunay Chaudhary > Reviews

Content by Arunay Chaudhary

Arunay Chaudhary "Arunay" (Manchester, UK)

STORM Mens Designer Shoulder Bag - Abbey BLACK
STORM Mens Designer Shoulder Bag - Abbey BLACK
Offered by Factor Me Bags & Accessories
Price: 32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasted me 2 years, 5 Aug 2014
Found this bag in a store for half this price two years ago. I absolutely stuffed this bag with multiple files, textbooks, pencil case and lunch on a daily basis and is still just about useable. The strap is close to snapping on one side which is no surprise after such abuse. A really good buy.

MP Essentials 5 Way Audio Splitter Ideal For iPod, iPhone & MP3 Players
MP Essentials 5 Way Audio Splitter Ideal For iPod, iPhone & MP3 Players
Offered by MP 1st Class Supplies
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, 30 Jan 2014
Very useful little thing for using multiple speakers and successfully solves the problem of sharing earphones with someone! Works exactly same as the Belkin which is slightly more expensive

Samsung Chromebook XE303C12-A01UK 11.6-inch Laptop (2GB RAM, 16GB HDD)
Samsung Chromebook XE303C12-A01UK 11.6-inch Laptop (2GB RAM, 16GB HDD)
Price: 194.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Jan 2014
This laptop is perfect for anyone who is invested in Android or Google services. It fulfils 95% of my university needs as I need to be constantly monitoring my online portal and checking email etc. The trackpad is excellent on this laptop and supports quite a few gestures which I always use. Keyboard is quite good and I can type quite quickly with it.

Watching video can be quite a hit and miss experience. I have tried to watch some videos on Google play movies but I get appalling playback sometimes but other times it plays flawlessly. Similar experiences on youtube as well. I think it is more to do with Chrome OS not being fully optimised for an ARM chipset yet. Scrolling through web pages used to be quite laggy but has mostly improved which gives me hope video playback will eventually get sorted out.

Battery continues to surprise me, I find it to vary significantly but I easily get 6 hours out of it. There are times where the laptop does slow down and frustrate but not very often, it is usual pleasantly quick. Chrome OS gets updated pretty frequently with zero hassle. Google are always adding small useful features such as swiping up with three fingers reveals all your open windows.

I do get asked quite often "Is it useless offline?" And the answer is not entirely. You can access stuff on Google Drive, use Google Docs and Sheets and there is some storage you can make use of. Apart from that there isn't much else you can do offline but realistically speaking, there isn't a whole lot you do without the internet. Unless you need some form of specialist software such as circuit design software or a picture/video editing suite. even then there are some mediocre online alternatives.

At 200 this is a good choice but for the same price you can get the newer improved Acer c720 which has better battery life and is faster. It runs the exact same OS. If the Acer was available when I bought my Samsung Chromebook 5 months ago then I would have got that. But don't be mistaken, the Samsung is a brilliant machine and if say it was 150 I'd recommend it in a heart beat.

Breaking Bad I Am the One Who Knocks Maxi Poster
Breaking Bad I Am the One Who Knocks Maxi Poster
Offered by Poster Revolution UK
Price: 3.94

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality and looks great, 18 Jan 2014
Lovely poster and it is quite big. Comes in a well protected tube with no creases or tears. Though I was a bit disappointed to see it half price at my uni poster sale!

JUSTOP JSound 10 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones / Headset With Built-in MIC, Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Supports A2DP, Noise Cancellation, Up to 20 Hours Play Time, Handsfree Feature for mobiles, for use with Apple iTouch, iPad, iPhone, HTC, Sony, Nokia, Samsung Galaxy etc.
Offered by DigiDirect
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones under 20, easily, 18 Jan 2014
Satisfactory bass, with good mids and trebles. Not to mention they are plenty loud. No problems connecting them to a number of bluetooth devices. The buttons work as intended on my phone and I haven't heard any complaints to do with call quality when using the in built microphone. The design around the neck is ok. It is a little uncomfortable when you have glasses on as well and can take a little bit of fiddling to get the right balance between sound and comfort. It also sticks out a little behind the neck for me at least so can move about with a hood or hat. They fold away nicely and can be carried in your pocket. My main complaint has to be the continuous blinking blue LED whilst it is connected to a device. This can be a bit annoying because it looks unnecessary for when you are connected to a device. Battery life is simply amazing I'm yet to run them down completely in fact I've only charged them once after sparing use over two and a half months. Tip: Ignore the branding in the title of the product. These are generic headphones with the model number BS10 and are exactly the same as the ones sold for a little bit more.

Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [DVD]
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Price: 49.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, 18 Jan 2014
The show is easily 5 star TV. The DVD's come in nice boxes and the inclusion of a UV copy of all the seasons is a bonus. The packaging doesn't feel that premium that isn't much of a problem. This makes a great gift for any fan and is the cheapest way to acquire the whole series.

ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy S III 7000mAh Extended Battery & Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case
Offered by Bastex - Authorized ZeroLemon Retailer
Price: 31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best after market battery, 18 Jan 2014
If you're a heavy user then you have probably realised battery life on the Galaxy S3 is not that great. The thickness with the case is about 3 or 4 S3's stacked on top of each other but you get used to it after a while. The soft touch case is excellent and is pocket friendly and feels great in the hand. Doesn't have the horribly sticky feeling of some cheap cases and is much nicer than the hard shell such as the ones on the Anker 4400mah battery. Which incidentally has less juice but is the same thickness with case. Many people have asked me "Why is your case so big?" and they are wow'd when I pull back the case. This battery has seriously spoiled me and I don't think I will be able to buy a phone that doesn't have a removable anymore!

iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for 11.6" Samsung Chromebook (Wi-Fi or 3G) laptop - Orange
Offered by iPearl UK
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Three Months Later, 2 Jan 2014
This case does the job reasonable well. It works as intended and the two legs on the back are a nice touch. They appear to be solid enough to withstand a reasonable amount of pressure. Though their plastic nature does make me feel as if they could snap off. But absolutely no problems so far.

When I first put the case on, it felt disappointingly loose but that is because the plastic needed to settle. After a few days the fit improved. I've had the case on my beloved Chromebook for three months now and it almost unnoticeable when using the laptop. I say "almost" because there is still a little of creaking when you push down on where your wrist lie when you are typing. This creaking still exists now(3 months later). I must stress though, this only happens when you apply more pressure than you normally do when you're typing.

Apart from that, there's nothing much to it. It is two pieces of plastic after all. It protects the laptop very well and is aesthetically pleasing too but on mine it has caused the casing of the laptop to scratch where the case meets the hinges. That said it is a 200 laptop... This is probably the best shell you can buy for this Chromebook. It's probably the only one you can buy. In my opinion it is a little pricey for what it is: two pieces of plastic. But that said, I am very happy with the quality and look of the product so I can't moan about the price too much.