Profile for Martin > Reviews

Martin (Essex, UK)

The Lean Manager: A Novel of Lean Transformation
The Lean Manager: A Novel of Lean Transformation

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all about people..., 3 April 2013
This 'novel' style explanation of the Toyota way really emphasises the most important factor in successful lean deployment - people. For that alone I would give it 5 stars, but it is also an easy read with fairly realistic characters and scenarios which is a bonus in this style of business book. Thoroughly recommend for anyone interested in lean.

ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60
ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60
Offered by Invero

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy - failed within 2 months, 8 April 2011
Like the other reviewers have said this battery is too good to be true. I had it for just a couple of months, started off OK, then would quickly lose charge. After a few weeks when I hadn't used my camera, I went to take it out but it had developed a bulge, and wouldn't come out. I had to very carefully "dig" it out of my D60, thankfully with no serious damage.

Waste of money and it almost cost me my camera - in future I will only by genuine Nikon products.

The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet
The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet
by David Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb from cover to cover, 4 July 2010
I devoured and savoured every page of this book - this is top rate fiction that was endlessly satisfying. I've read all bar one of David Mitchell's books and after Black Swan Green (which was 'OK') this is a great return to form and equally as good as Cloud Atlas. I've lived in Japan for a couple of years, and have read quite a bit of historical and naval non-fiction of that time, which I feel made the book much more accessible and increased my enjoyment. For those with little knowledge of Japan, or the period in history then then I can see how the book will be difficult to get in to, but I would advise sticking to it.

Mitchell's imagination, attention to detail and language stand head & shoulders above any other fiction I have read in years - he is a great talent.

PS. The hardcover version is also an absolutely beautiful book to look at and feel.

Sharp LC26AD5E - 26" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview
Sharp LC26AD5E - 26" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent picture & value, 13 Jun 2007
As no-one else has reviewed this, and I've recently purchased, I thought I would take the time to review. Received this set yesterday, and found the set-up as easy as you would expect with a modern TV. Plug & play setup worked effortlessly, found all the Freeview channels, even though I live in a poor reception area. The controls are all logical, and don't require any reference to the manual. Picture quality is excellent - sharp, with good contrast and deep colours. Sound quality seems fine, though I've only watched TV so far, no DVD's yet.
Aesthetically, the TV is well designed and looks as good as any other sets out there. I don't consider myself an audiophile or expert on picture quality, but then neither are most people who would buy this TV, so if you don't want a huge TV, that looks good, with built in Freeview, around £400 this will not disappoint.

In reply to questions: Yes this accepts a normal RF aerial (that's what I've got) and No, I have not tried to link it to any computers (PC or Mac) or consoles