ARRAY(0xb14a8bac)

Profile for Jeepers > Reviews

Content by Jeepers

Jeepers (South of England)

Page: 1 | 2
Homedics SBM-400HX 3D Perfect Fit Shiatsu Back Massager
Homedics SBM-400HX 3D Perfect Fit Shiatsu Back Massager

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps to put it on the right kind of chair, 31 July 2011
This product works really well, though I would recommend trying one out in a high street store first, to see if it's the sort of thing that will suit your needs. We found it helps to try it out on different chairs, as it doesn't work so well on some of ours.

The first one we received had a fault with it (the vibration didn't work), but Amazon dealt with the replacement/returns extremely efficiently, and the new one works just fine.

The Best Of Weather Report
The Best Of Weather Report
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Took me right back, 31 July 2011
This album was everything I'd hoped it would be, and took me back to the time when I first heard Weather Report - reminding me of why I loved the music in the first place.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Case that works, but gets a bit grubby, 31 July 2011
This cheap little case works fine for me, although the nature of the rubbery material means that it picks up and retains dirt quite readily.

The Gates of Troy (Adventures of Odysseus 2)
The Gates of Troy (Adventures of Odysseus 2)
by Glyn Iliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 31 Aug 2009
Having read his first book, I pre-ordered this so that I could read it as soon as possible. Many years ago I read several of Mary Renault's books, which are of a similar genre - reading Glyn Iliffe's books gives me the same sort of enjoyment I got with them. In The Gates of Troy, legends and history are very skillfully interwoven, embellished and brought to life, while telling a ripping story. I really look forward to his next book.

The Best Of Sergio Mendes
The Best Of Sergio Mendes
Price: 6.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific background or listening music, 31 Aug 2009
I bought this on a whim, and was not disappointed. Lots of familiar melodies and rhythms, relaxing and up-beat at the same time. Suitable for playing in the background to quiet activity or conversation, as well as (of course) actively listening to and enjoying!

Draper 78907 12-Volt DC 3-Socket Adapter
Draper 78907 12-Volt DC 3-Socket Adapter
Offered by Mum, Dad and Baby
Price: 4.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy in the car, 31 Aug 2009
I don't know how it's happened, but the days of long distance car travel without in-car gadgets seem to be long gone for us. As a result, something like this adapter is almost essential. We've had no problems with this, but you do have to watch out that whatever device you've just plugged into it is really plugged in properly, otherwise the power supply (if the device is on, or simply being charged) won't get through. Most of our devices have a little light on the plug, and that is lit when power is going through - if it's not lit, we give the plug a bit more of a twist or fiddle to get it going, and it's usually fine from then on. It's only this fiddling that brings it down from five stars.

Brother PT-1000P P-Touch 1000 pink labelling machine sold in aid of Cancer Research UK, EACH

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific label printer, 31 Aug 2009
We bought this for putting labels on plugs, but have ended up using it for all sorts of other labelling. Very easy to use and reliable. No hesitation in recommending it.

Garmin eTrex H Handheld GPS Navigator
Garmin eTrex H Handheld GPS Navigator

4.0 out of 5 stars Great basic handheld gps device, 31 Aug 2009
I bought the eTrex H because I wanted a cheap but reliable and robust device to supplement map and compass when walking in countryside and hills. Sometimes I wanted to use it to help pre-plan routes and waypoints, other times I just wanted to have additional confirmation on location. The eTrex H provided all this capability for me, and I never had a problem with picking up signal from satellites. The additional route information provided (travelling time, stoppage time, distance travelled, etc.) was also useful and nice to have, but not my main interest. I was pleased with the battery life (I use rechargeables, but always take spare non-rechargeables as a backup). I'm pleased with this device overall and would recommend it for the kind of usage I've put it to. I've only marked it down from Five Stars because the menu system can be a bit laborious - if you can put up with things like that (as I can) then don't let it put you off.

Management Level Psychometric & Assessment Tests: Everything you need to help you land that senior job
by Andrea Shavick
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a look, though not hugely insightful & contains some errors, 10 Nov 2008
This book is helpfully reassuring if you're a bit nervous about taking such tests.
The general comments do give answers to niggling questions about how to cope with the tests.
The example tests are useful, though they're only indicative - for a fuller practice, try the online practice tests on SHL's website. I would say that many of the example questions in the book are more straightforward than you might want to expect in the "real thing".
What really worries me, though, is that the answers given in the book are sometimes wrong. It's not clear whether this is just an editing issue or whether the database they're taken from is wrong. In either case, it should be cleared up. If the database is wrong, then that is shocking, because peoples' job applications may depend on this. The book states "psychologists are only human" by way of apologising for errors that do crop up. However, as someone who has set professional exam questions, I view this as unacceptable.

The Singles 1969-1973
The Singles 1969-1973
Offered by alentertainment
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed!, 17 Oct 2008
This review is from: The Singles 1969-1973 (Audio CD)
I bought this to replace an old and much loved vinyl (which has not been thrown away!). Now a third generation of the family is learning and singing along to some of these classic, beautiful and timeless creations. Even if you weren't a fan at the time, you'll probably recognise more of the melodies than you'd expect, and they'll grow on you.

Page: 1 | 2