Profile for Jeepers > Reviews

Content by Jeepers

Jeepers (South of England)

Page: 1 | 2
Jazz Impressions Of Japan
Jazz Impressions Of Japan

5.0 out of 5 stars I've known and loved this music most of my life, 17 Oct 2008
I first listened to this music on my father's original vinyl, when I was a child. Over the years, I've since bought my own copy of the vinyl as well as the CD. I'm not going to get into any technical sound differences as they're not really material to me in this instance. The music is variously haunting and uplifting, and it will certainly transport you to another time and place when you sit and listen to it. And it does deserve quiet sitting and listening, if it's the first time you've heard it. If you can read music and are so inclined, hunting out a piano transcription and reading (or even playing along, if you're talented!) as you listen is quite a fun exercise.

Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Photographers: A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC
by Martin Evening

5.0 out of 5 stars A faithful companion, 17 Oct 2008
I bought this to help me use the software, as most people will have done. I'm reasonably literate with software packages generally, as well as photographic concepts and techniques. However, there's so much to CS2 that a reference book really was in order. This book is a bit too big to be a vade mecum, but then I don't use CS2 on a laptop so that doesn't matter. The book makes great reading on a cover-to-cover basis, and is easy to dip into if you've forgotten something and need a quick refresher. Thoroughly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2