Profile for finnmim > Reviews

Content by finnmim

finnmim

Radiant New York Beauties. 14 Paper-Pieced Quilt Projects - Print on Demand Edition
by Valori Wells

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge disappointment, 6 May 2013
Got the book fast, but the contents do not please at all. The publisher forgot to put the enlarging copying machine between the pages. All paper piecing foundations have to be enlarged either by 200 % or 250 %. There would have been several smart solutions and they chose the most stupid one. Getting a book quite straight in a copying machine breaks the book. If you buy a book you do not think of having to buy services from a third party to be able to use the book. I have seen full size pattern pages in several books, I have seen CDs in some books but not in this one. There would have been enough room to print the foundations in actual size, but not one is in actual size.
The colours of the quilts are ugly and drabby. So I have to concentrate on the theory part and design my own beauties. Very disappointing.

Shadow Trapunto Quilts
Shadow Trapunto Quilts
by Geta Grama

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine Trapunto, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Shadow Trapunto Quilts (Paperback)
This is a beautiful and well made book. Who could actually need the skill to make shadow trapunto? I am however glad to have read the book and am not going to part from it for a long while. Maybe it would be still better if the designs were more modern.

Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts
by Angela Walters

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern quilting, 9 Feb. 2013
At the same time I bought both of Angela Walters' books. I like both of them and am glad to have them. Studied them well before I decided how to quilt my latest quilt.

In the Studio with Angela Walters: Machine-Quilting Design Concepts Add Movement, Contrast, Depth & More
by Angela Walters

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilting for modern quilters, 9 Feb. 2013

Continuous-Line Quilting Designs
Continuous-Line Quilting Designs
by Hari Walner

5.0 out of 5 stars Third book by the same author, 6 Dec. 2011
Actually I waited for years that Hari Walner would make a new book. I got this immediately when it came out. I will keep this book for years to come. The designs are great. Every time a quilt needs quilting I page this book for ideas.

Exploring Machine Trapunto. New Dimensions - Print on Demand Edition
Exploring Machine Trapunto. New Dimensions - Print on Demand Edition
by Hari Walner

4.0 out of 5 stars Trapunto solved, 6 Dec. 2011
This second book by Hari Walner does not come to the level of the first one. But this certainly is a book that I will keep in my quilt book collection for years to come. When looking for a quilting or trapunto idea I page the book, though I like to draw my own motifs. A great book to have.

Masters: Art Quilts: Major Works by Leading Artists (The Masters)
Masters: Art Quilts: Major Works by Leading Artists (The Masters)
by Lark Books

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have to an art quilt lover, 6 Dec. 2011
A friend lent me her copy first. After reading it I discovered that I really must have a copy of this book in my shelf. Now I can study and enjoy the art slowly. I do not understand why some of the artists have been chosen to this collection. But that really forces me to analyze the works, which is not bad at all and gives great pleasure.

Blendable Curves: Stack, Slice and Sew Unique Quilts in a Weekend
Blendable Curves: Stack, Slice and Sew Unique Quilts in a Weekend
by Peggy J. Barkle

1.0 out of 5 stars Great disappointment, 6 Dec. 2011
This book had nothing to offer for a quilt lover. I sold it quickly on a net site to get rid of it. I was really disappointed.

Masters: Art Quilts, Vol. 2