Profile for Eleimon Gonis > Reviews

Content by Eleimon Gonis

Eleimon Gonis "eleimongonis" (Bristol, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Roberts 'Play Duo' DAB/DAB+/FM RDS Stereo Radio with Built In Battery Charger - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars The Brits have done it again!, 14 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Digital Radio unit is absolutely amazing! I wasn't into DAB before this, but I thought I give it a go and boy was I very quickly shown what I was missing out on!

The radio came in a small box, well packaged and as soon as you take it out, you can't help but wonder how such a small thing will be powerful enough to do all the things it does!

I quickly put it on my study desk and turned it on. I pressed one button and it did its thing (later, when reading the manual, I found out it was simply auto-tuning the Digital radio stations) and the heavenly sound of digital radio came blaring out from its little speakers seconds later! Hence, the setting up of it is incredibly easy, but there is a very detailed user guide should you want to go "by the book"!

The audio quality is exemplary and it can be very loud for a small unit! On the latter, the radio itself is small, incredibly stylish and discreet and the one I got (grey) is very stylish and goes with my white desk brilliantly!

The little screen on the front shows pertinent info, such as time, the station it's on and the programme that's playing. The buttons on the unit are all easy to push and operate and the overall feel of the buttons and the whole unit is sturdy!

The radio comes with another clever feature. It facilitates the use of batteries; more importantly it can take rechargeable batteries and when that type of batteries is used and plugged into the mains, the batteries recharge; quite useful feature if that's what you're after!

In conclusion, if you are after something small, portable, yet quite sturdy, long lasting and good-looking, then this one's for you!

Philips GC4521/87 Azur Performer Steam Iron - 200g Steam Boost, Safety Auto Off, 2600 Watt, Black
Offered by The Savvy Group

5.0 out of 5 stars The iron that glides and irons!, 16 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I decided to opt for this iron as an everyday one instead of using my Rowenta steam generator! I was lucky to have made that decision, in all honesty!

Its 2600W means that it heats up in no time and more importantly, it can generate the steam you're after equally quickly!

The tank has a capacity of roughly 300ml, which is OK, but it you, like me, like ironing your shirts to perfection, will have to refill quite a few times!

The steam vents are strategically placed along the iron plate and it reminded me a lot of my steam generator in terms of both looks and efficiency.

The clever feature of the cord tidy is useful, especially since I seem to get myself in a tangle every time I iron!

The power cord itself is, according to some, not long enough; I cannot attest to that, as I iron close to the socket, as I like to watch outside the window whilst ironing and thus relax!

Overall, I think it's a nice looking iron that does exactly what it is supposed to do and then some!

Rapesco X5-90PS Less Effort Heavy Duty Stapler
Rapesco X5-90PS Less Effort Heavy Duty Stapler

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster Stapler!, 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It does exactly what it says on the box! It staples...without fail...consistently...a lot of papers together!!!

At first sight, it is a monster! It takes a lot of desk space and equally weighs a lot, but all this is good considering that one buys it for heavy duty stapling...and that it does!

"Arming" this monster is very easy and enjoyable (to an extent!). Lifting the top all the way up, loading the staples and then lowering until the clicking sound is heard should be easy for everyone, right?!?

The complimentary pack of Rapesco 923/10mm staples (recommended for stapling between 40 and 70 pages) was a nice bonus, but you'd need the bigger ones if you start thinking about stapling book pages together (i.e. over 80)!

Also, the stapler allows you to set the slider to the position which you are most comfortable with when stapling, so you staple consistently every time. This, for me, is quite important, as I sometimes staple my sheets together in a book format and is nice to know that they stapled in a nice straight fashion!

All in all, a desk stapler that will never fail (well, it's accompanied by a 5-year warranty!) and will always give you the solution to your stapling needs!

McAfee Total Protection 2014 - 1 User -1 Year (PC)
McAfee Total Protection 2014 - 1 User -1 Year (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally protected!, 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very easy to install, my fiancée installed it on her own without any assistance from me and that speaks volumes, as she is not overly tech savvy! The installation process was very easy and straightforward, whilst the subsequent settings regarding automatic updates and scanning were equally trouble-free and very intuitive to set up.

As a matter of fact, my fiancée had unknowingly installed some malware. Once installed and allowed to run the first scan, Total Protection found 4 potentially harmful files, which were remnants of the malware that I painstakingly removed manually and deleted them instantly.

We both have great faith in the software. My only qualm is that it does seem to slow down the laptop's performance (i3) compared to other software out there that operate on a more seamless basis!

So, if you're after a reliable solution, look no further!

NESCAFE Dolce Gusto Oblo Coffee Capsule Machine by KRUPS - Orange
NESCAFE Dolce Gusto Oblo Coffee Capsule Machine by KRUPS - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee...redefined!, 20 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I received the coffee machine as part of the Amazon Vine review programme and I am lucky to have been able to do so! This coffee machine is simply excellent. It can produce a steaming hot cup of coffee in 40 seconds or so and it is a tasty one at that (I am actually enjoying a skinny latter whilst writing this)...

A bit of background before I delve into the actual review. My partner and I were looking into buying a coffee machine at a reasonable price. I researched a number of alternatives and I had discounted those that take pods/capsules, etc. for lack of flexibility and perhaps taste.

How wrong could we be though! As soon as this was made available on Amazon Vine, we both decided to give it a try and see for ourselves. I have to admit that we were pleasantly surprised. The coffee machine came nicely packed in a nice presentation box and it also featured a number of taster pads for a cappuccino, a latte and a lungo coffee.

The machine is very easy to use. One simply pours the water, waits for 40 seconds, places the pad and then turns the lever to the right position (either hot or cold) to make a coffee! It's THAT simple! Notice I said hot or cold!?! Yes, indeed, this coffee machine can also make cold coffee; the cappuccino ice is EXQUISITE!

Moreover, the coffee machine comes with a £20 free coffee pods voucher, which I quickly used to order a cappuccino (skinny), latter (skinny) and more cappuccino ice packs for both of us! They go down like a storm with our guests! Also, a little hint for you. If you really want the full monty, invest in a clear glass latte cup. I did and not only can one see the coffee being made, but it can then see it settle and create the layers that you can see in the photo. It is very true to life!

One point to note is that each coffee (that I've made) needs two pods to make; the first one is the milk and the second one contains the coffee. The exact amount of water required per pod is clearly stated on the pod pack. So, the whole thing is not only about making coffee, but it's also about having fun making it!!!

Finally, for the cost-conscious amongst us, each pod pack costs around £3.70 and contains enough pods for 8 cups of coffee. Now, that works out at around 50pence per coffee...and whilst one might rush to say that is way above average compared to your instant one, I will hasten to correct them and remind them that it's considerably less to the £3.50 you can be charged for exactly the same thing at high street shops!

All in all, I am really excited about this product and recommend it very strongly! Buy it, experiment with it and enjoy the experience!

Crash and Beyond: Causes and Consequences of the Global Financial Crisis
Crash and Beyond: Causes and Consequences of the Global Financial Crisis
by Andrew Farlow

4.0 out of 5 stars Crisis explained!, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The book is a detailed account of the crisis, but one can admittedly ask the question what sets it apart from all the other books written by people who profess to have seen it coming?

Well, let's start by saying that this book gives a close and detailed account of most incident during the many phases of the crisis. The examples are many, the writing style obviously crotical , but not overly judgemental, and the arguments made are sound from a theoretical perspective.

Secondly, the author's writing style is lucid and does not require one having a PhD in Economics to uberstand the concepts banded about. Granted, in some places, the author becomes overly critical and accuses gambling for everything, financial gambling it is, but he makes a good point in relation to the oversophisticated financial engineering that took place.

All in all, a nice book to read and one that would give you a lot to talk about with like-minded people!

Case Logic Backpack for 15 inch Evolution Plus Laptop/Tablet - Black
Case Logic Backpack for 15 inch Evolution Plus Laptop/Tablet - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars one to go for!, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an exceptional bag!

I have used that for some time now carrying both laptop and books to and from work as well on outings carrying water, food and other items.

First and foremost, the back is incredibly comfortable, almost ergonomic I would say! Comparing this to my jansport bag and one or two other backpacks that I have, this bag is by miles better! It might be the padding they use, the exact positioning of it, but it is simply a pleasure to carry. I once missed a bus and walked for 2 miles and really did not feel a thing, having it fully adjusted to be a tight fit!

Space-wise, simply wow! It has tons of space for everything and then some! Carries my small Lenovo to my big HP Elite book, gooks and notebooks in addition to that and does so effortlessly!

Finally, it has a big number of pockets! Front, side, but most importantly, and my personal favourite, is the small pocket for keys and glasses in the front at the top. Easily accessible at all times, it makes putting things away a piece of cake. Oh! Did o mention the nice handle?! Pure quality!

Becoming a Better Boss: Why Good Management is so Difficult
Becoming a Better Boss: Why Good Management is so Difficult
by Julian Birkinshaw

3.0 out of 5 stars It has the potential to be very good!, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'll try to keep this short and sweet:

Pros:
The author knows his field well enough to be professing on what works and what doesn't in management.
Equally, he takes a more bottom-up approach of management, its failures and its opportunities, instead of the more conventional top-down approach of other books.
The book is not just about managers as managers/people, but also about managers as agents of an organisation and as such they need to represent their interests.

Cons:
Many could say that this is yet another book about management and becoming a better boss, but then again so are all the rest.
The writing style, although eloquent and free of jargon, is simple and does not strike as memorable.
As another reviewer has already pointed out, the author seems to underestimate inertia within organisations. I believe that it is a huge problem (but opportunity at the same time), which is not adequately covered.

Fat Gripz - The Ultimate Arm Builder
Fat Gripz - The Ultimate Arm Builder

4.0 out of 5 stars Gym gadget with a lot of potential!, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Clearly this is something that is produced by the leaders in the market for such products.

I found that they are very portable, quite bright (!) and they do succeed in what they are destined for, with some shortcomings of course.

First and foremost, they are made from a hard rubber solution, and they fit bars and weights well, provided you are strong enough to bend them in the first place and if you don't want to take weights off bars!

Secondly, they attract dust, rust, sweat, etc. like a magnet and need to be soaked to clean quite regularly.

Thirdly, they tend to fit most bars, but not the thick ones that sometimes you get in gyms.

Nevertheless, they do the job! They are there to help you with building more arm muscle and I think they achieve it if used sensibly and consistently. Did I see any difference? My (limited due to an injury) use proved that they make the workout that bit harder, which can only be a good thing in the near- to medium-term.

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 50 Natural
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 50 Natural
Offered by Activecare Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing performance, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this product for my fiancee, who is behind this review.

This product does not meet the Max Factor standards, in my opinion. Its texture is quite thick and applying it feels like applying clotted cream on my skin. It also caused dry skin in my case, whilst it does not last for long. Also, the colour of the foundation cream is not what I expected from a "natural" foundation cream.

Overall, I think that there are other Max Factor foundation solutions that are way better than this one!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8