Profile for Dr. D. M. Hunt > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Johnsons Catnip Concentrated Spray 150ml 250g
Johnsons Catnip Concentrated Spray 150ml 250g
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

1.0 out of 5 stars Product unsealed, expired and ineffectual - avoid, 7 Jun. 2015
My cats normally love Johnson's Catnip. I thought I'd pick up a couple as the bottle I used to keep the scratching post enticing had run out. Unfortunately, what I purchased was completely ineffective, the cats ignored it completely. I thought it may have been tampered with as the product seal tape wasn't on the bottles. Then I noticed the expiry date... May 2010. This reminded me of the expired printer cartridge game. These are going back, I'll buy from the vet as usual. My faith in Amazon sellers takes yet another beating.

Alcosense ALCNFTWIN French NF Approved Breathalyser - Twin Pack
Alcosense ALCNFTWIN French NF Approved Breathalyser - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars French law requirement, no fine for non-compliance... (at the moment), 5 May 2015
Something to wave at the Gendarmerie (despite there not being a fine for not having one) I have no idea whether or not this works, I have absolutely no intention of drinking and driving, it's just there to tick a box. It could be made of sugar for all I know...

Hornettek Enterprise 4x Quad Bay Hard Disk Drive for Up to 12TB
Hornettek Enterprise 4x Quad Bay Hard Disk Drive for Up to 12TB
Offered by Sentinel Brand Management UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fill and use, fast USB3 speed, 5 May 2015
Works well at keeping piles of hard drives cool and connected. I had 30 or so USB2 2TB external drives that were becoming unwieldy to operate, so I released the drives from their cases and installed them into this USB3 enclosure.

The speeds are good and the drives are just individual, not RAID. It is very simple to add drives and the fan just needs to be set about 1/3 off minimum to keep the discs around 30C (ambient of 22C)

The drives are powered in order so connection to a USB3 NAS is straightforward and trouble free. I didn't try the E-SATA connection, I assume it would be more-or-less the same as the USB3 connection and show up the four connected drives.

Dalziel & Pascoe: Complete Collection, 11 Seasons (Netherlands Release)
Dalziel & Pascoe: Complete Collection, 11 Seasons (Netherlands Release)
Dvd ~ Richard E. Grant
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Dutch, you won't regret it!, 5 May 2015
As I don't watch DVDs directly, the menus and subtitles aren't an issue. Ripping them to NAS box has got me every episode of Dalziel and Pascoe for less than £1 per disc. Great deal, the BBC doesn't sell the series any more for some reason, so we have to rely on Dutch imports...

Samsung Slim DVD Writer - Blue
Samsung Slim DVD Writer - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little drive for the money, 5 May 2015
I haven't had the power problems of other users, I have a few of these connected to a powered USB hub and rip DVDs to a central pool for multi-machine distributed Handbrake ripping. My only minor gripe is the position of the eject button, when the drives are stacked up it is impossible to get a the eject button. Ejecting in software is easy enough though. Just for a laugh, I connected the drive to the TV and I can play DVDs directly into the USB port of the TV, not useful feature for me, but it could help someone in a squeeze. This drive does need a decent amount of power from the USB port for burning at full speed and many computers short change devices on the power available at the USB port.

Synology DiskStation DS215j 2 Bay Desktop Network Attached Storage
Synology DiskStation DS215j 2 Bay Desktop Network Attached Storage

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't use NTFS with USB3.0..., 15 April 2015
If you're using USB3.0 avoid NTFS formatted discs... A kernel panic within seconds that requires the unit to be power cycled. Only connect ext4 formatted USB3.0 drives and there's no problems at all.

Muc-Off Bike Cleaner, 1 Litres
Muc-Off Bike Cleaner, 1 Litres

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans your grimy chain, fast!, 14 April 2015
Powerful and fast, just what I need to clean my chain, rings and cassette. It also works well on the rest of the bike too.

GT85 Spray Lube + PTFE 400ml Can
GT85 Spray Lube + PTFE 400ml Can
Offered by E2 TRADE

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for your chain, 14 April 2015
Works a treat on my bike, even better with this special offer :D

The Essential Inspector Morse Collection
The Essential Inspector Morse Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting collection of Morse music, 14 April 2015
Interesting, unusual music from the TV series.

Die Hard Quadrilogy [Blu-ray] [1988]
Die Hard Quadrilogy [Blu-ray] [1988]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to see on bluray, 12 April 2015
Great to see these on bluray, there is a definite improvement in all four films as a result.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19