Profile for Patricia Burton > Reviews

Content by Patricia Burton

Patricia Burton "Tricia" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Coyote: The Outlander (with FREE second screen experience): 1
Coyote: The Outlander (with FREE second screen experience): 1
by Chantal Noordeloos

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating fun, can't wait for the part 2, 3 Feb. 2014
It has been ages since I read a wild-west story, and probably as long since the last sci-fi tale where aliens were not human-eating, apocalypse-bringing fiends. When I learnt that Coyote: The Outlander was a combination of the two, I wasn't sure what to expect.
Suddenly, I was immersed in a world of gunslingers and traditional Wild West ruled by men; or so it seemed.

While the Old West reluctantly acknowledges the arrival of technical revolution and the new era, little it knows of Outlanders seeping in through rips. There are only few who do know; among them Coyote, the bounty-hunter hired by Pinkerton agency.
Coyote could be a typical, whisky-drinking and cigar-smoking gunslinger; only she is not. She is a woman, and the best shot around. She is also a very modern lady, with admiration for new technology.
Young bounty-hunter travels with her companion in search of the criminal she is hired to kill, but there is also another journey she must undertake.

Coyote: The Outlander is an adventure full of colourful characters, entertaining twists and well-built world of imagination. Chantal Noordeloos involves the reader in her story with a playful easiness. You can even visit the village online and enter the vault to find little extras, This is fun.

Graveyard Scavenger Hunt (NightScares Book 1)
Graveyard Scavenger Hunt (NightScares Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Even monsters hate bad manners, 23 Sept. 2013
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this book. Knowing it was a fiction for children of similar age as the main character Pete (12yrs), I expected some gore and some stomach-churning descriptions. To my surprise, I found a truly entertaining story, with colourful characters and a great story line.
Pete, 12-year boy, is left with his grandparents for a week. He finds the whole situation very unsettling; his papaw has got a strange sense of humour, the house is creepy and dilapidated and there's a graveyard next door.
But dead are just dead. Right?
Pete soon discovers that nothing is as it seems, and he needs to weigh carefully who to trust. On other side, help can come unexpected.
The storyline itself is dynamic and captivating, with entertaining twists. The idea that even monsters hate bad manners made me smile. It makes them somewhat less scary and more human.
All-in-all this is a brilliantly penned story for young readers; however I am sure that ` young adults' would enjoy it too!

Greatest Hits: The Ultimate Collection
Greatest Hits: The Ultimate Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all, 26 July 2013
All the best songs on one album, what more you want? I am not as devoted fan to buy Bon Jovi's every CD, although I do enjoy his music. So Greatest Hits is the perfect solution for me.

Monty Python - The Movies (6 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [2006]
Monty Python - The Movies (6 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Graham Chapman

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old fun, 26 July 2013
This was a birthday pressie for my hubbie. He loves Monty Python so I knew he'd be pleased. The movies are still funny, despite being old and we had a good few laughs. The quality of DVDs is good and it arrived really quickly. 5 out of 5

Blackadder: The Whole Damn Dynasty
Blackadder: The Whole Damn Dynasty
by Richard Curtis

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 26 July 2013
The book containing all scripts to Blackadder series? Couldn't imagine better present for my other half. He loved the idea of the gift and then giggled through the holiday reading it. Reading it out loud to each other was a great fun too.

Sabine Lippert's Beaded Fantasies (Beadweaving Master Class)
Sabine Lippert's Beaded Fantasies (Beadweaving Master Class)
by Sabine Lippert

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 26 July 2013
I love this book. It has got some amazing projects which look like a filigree jewellery. It inspired me to make a copy of some ancient jewels in beading - and it looks wonderful. The instructions are good, clear and easy to follow. Most projects will request some time to make, which is understandable considering the intricate detail. On a whole, a book full of beautiful art

CKB Ltd Pack of 24 Quality Artist Pastels Ideal For Hair Chalking & Art Projects
Offered by CKB LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for painting, not so much for hair, 26 July 2013
I was sceptical the moment I received these. They are standard artist chalks and nowhere on the box it said 'use for hair'. I did, however, tried as suggested in numerous instructions online. My hair is medium reddish-brown so I did not expect the striking result, just a light tint. Yes, the hair strand did turn purple after 2mins of continuous 'chalking'. So did my fingers; the sink was decorated with purple smudges where I tried to wipe fallen small chunks and dust.from the chalk. Thankfully, that washed with a bathroom cleaner. Unlike my pretty white hair-straighteners, which now sport uneven purple strips. Dismissing all, I went out for a day to be repeatedly told that my face is turning purple, my blouse is covered in purple dust and that I leave purple marks on everything.
In conclusion; as a hair chalk this is a definite fail for me. However I look forward some sketching - and this time in colour!

Monty Python's Spamalot : UK Cast Album
Monty Python's Spamalot : UK Cast Album
Offered by Ocean Music Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for long car journeys, 26 July 2013
We have seen this performance live so I knew what I was getting. May not be as great as Broadway (apparently) but UK references and UK cast have a more personal ring for us. It is fun which we can sing along to

Diabloskinz Vinyl Adhesive Skin, Decal, Sticker for the iPod Classic - Vampire Blood
Offered by Diabloskinz

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the picture, 26 July 2013
I love this design and the image is razor sharp. Applies easily, stays on well and looks amazing. It even comes with a free wall paper to complete the image which, for me, was a real WOW factor

Blackberry Bold 9700 skins - Await The Night
Blackberry Bold 9700 skins - Await The Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 26 July 2013
Great design, perfectly sharp. Applies easily, stays on well and looks fantastic. Comes with a free wall paper to complete the image which, for me, was a real WOW factor

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5