Profile for Ms. L. Bates > Reviews

Content by Ms. L. Bates

Ms. L. Bates (Devon, UK)

Hopi Direct Beeswax & Natural Cotton Ear Candle (10 pairs)
Hopi Direct Beeswax & Natural Cotton Ear Candle (10 pairs)
Offered by Hopi | Direct
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ear candles used to date!, 3 Jan 2014
Quick service and the candles burn nice and slowly to enable a good draw of wax!! Only thing is that we have to cut the burned candle half way to stop it falling on your head!

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium trilogy)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium trilogy)
Price: 3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome trilogy, a must read, 27 Oct 2013
Could not put these books down, the girl with the dragon tattoo was slow to start but wen the story got going, I enjoyed it thoroughly, keep with it, great writing!

Holiday Travel Pillow Flexible Neck Rest Blue
Holiday Travel Pillow Flexible Neck Rest Blue
Offered by GRAB A GADGET
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This is inflatable not microbead pillow, 28 Nov 2011
I ordered this as from the photo it looks like a microbead pillow and the reviews did not hint that it was not. This pillow is however INFLATABLE so unfortunately I had to contact the seller as this was not what I wanted. Payless were very good in dealing with the issue and I would have no hesitation in buying from them in the future.

Rocket Dog Women's Randy Black Ballet RANDYTD 6 UK
Rocket Dog Women's Randy Black Ballet RANDYTD 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Slippers!!, 17 Jun 2010
A lovely comfy pair of shoes, but you do need the size bigger - I am a size 5 and because of advice on Amazon and also from a friend, I ordered a size 6 and they fit like cinderellas glass slipper!!! A 5 would have been small. Did get a blister on first wearing but now they are like they were made for me!!!

Big Brain Academy (Wii)
Big Brain Academy (Wii)
Offered by b68solutions
Price: 5.69

2.0 out of 5 stars For younger people only, 18 April 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I read the reviews on this and bought it for my mum as part of her present, although I then found out she already had it and therefore kept it myself as was buying a wii at the time. Have only played it the once and it is not for me really!! I doubt if I will put it in the console again!

RetroSpective - The Best Of Suzanne Vega
RetroSpective - The Best Of Suzanne Vega
Price: 7.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the Past!, 7 Feb 2009
Used to listen to Suzanne Vega in the 80's and loved it then and still love it now - some tracks are just timeless!! Great Album, buy it!

Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Mark Bittner
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 8.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Poor Connor!, 10 Dec 2008
What a great documentary. We visited San Francisco just over a year ago for the first time and we walked from Coits Tower down Telegraph Hill and saw these green flashes before our eyes, we couldn't believe we were seeing wild parrots!! We then found out about this documentary and we had to get it to add to our memories and now can wait to go back and look in more detail!!! It makes you google wild parrots and you just don't believe they are everywhere!!! We even showed people who haven't been to San Francisco and they thoroughly enjoyed this documentary too.

Salter Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale, Black
Salter Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale, Black
Price: 11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital is the way forward, 12 May 2008
Always having to stand in the same position without daring to move so your eyes are in line with the dial, NO MORE do I have to do this. A revolation for me, add your ingredients accurately, press zero and add some more, so quick and easy. You can use any bowl/instrument to add your ingredients too. I love the design also, they just fit into any space/drawer. They feel sturdy and I definitely recommend if you are sick and tired of adjusting your eyes with a dial on manual scales, buy these. My cakes have never tasted as good!!!! Like cakes and not biscuits!!!!