Profile for Book Worm > Reviews

Content by Book Worm

Book Worm "Neo-Star" (Sussex, England)

Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars The End (this is not a spoiler so don't worry :) ), 8 Aug 2008
When I finished this book I didn't know what to think. It was amazing of course no doubt about it Stephenie Meyer can do no wrong it seems. However part of me seemed dissatisfied. I thought was just me but then when I saw that it only gained 3 and a half stars I felt outraged. Sure I was a little unsure about this book but it did not deserve 1 star. I started to think about what was missing and when I looked at the four books together on my shelves I couldn't help noticing the difference in the covers how Breaking Dawn didn't match the covers of the three previous books. I know everyone says you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover and it's true but with Breaking Dawn I realised that it was different from the rest of the saga it was written differently, with a new light as well as new narrative, and the events which take place are of a different nature. After I realised this I decided that the dissatsified feeling I had was only because it wasn't what I was expecting. I expected the torture of Bella to continue and when it didn't it took some time to get used to Bella's new experiences but in the end it was THE end which upset me the most. I've followed this series since the beginning of it and to realise that it was over was as heart breaking as the end of Harry Potter. But it isn't over Midnight Sun maybe only a possibility but I am determined to see it on my shelf. Edward and Bella are immortals and so is this Saga, it will never end. So though it took a bit of time to realise it this book does deserve the 5 stars which I have awarded and the 5 stars of everyone else who has read and loved this saga.

Looking For Alaska
Looking For Alaska
by John Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 25 Feb 2008
This review is from: Looking For Alaska (Paperback)
I have read this book atleast ten times since I bought it last year and every time I laugh and cry. John Green has created personalities that both genders can relate to, be joyful for and cry for. It is beautifully writen and stays in my head for days after reading it. I generally read fantasy books and when I bought this I was skeptical as to whether it was money well spent. I can clarify now that "Looking For Alaska" is one of my all time favourites and after reading it I could pick it up and start all over again. I would recommend this book to any teenager regardless of their reading tendencies.