Profile for Cmastris > Reviews

Cmastris (England)

Case Logic ELS111K Laptop Case Nylon 11.6 Inch Black
Case Logic ELS111K Laptop Case Nylon 11.6 Inch Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not quite as described..., 10 Sep 2013
Firstly, the case itself: it appeared to be made of good quality materials, looked as if it would last a very long time, and didn't feel cheap in any way. The inside of the case also seemed to be very well padded, and the zip opened and closed the case smoothly and with ease. All of this for what I feel is a reasonable price. If this was the end of the review, it would get a 5* rating.

However, the reason I've deducted a star is because of the description- and I'm hoping that by reading this review you won't make the same mistake I did. I purchased this case for my new Asus S200e netbook, and despite reading another review claiming that this exact model fits, I found that this wasn't the case (no pun intended). Despite having an 11.6" screen, my netbook seems to be slightly wider than most (i.e. across the netbook, not the depth), and hence didn't fit well. I could just about shove the netbook into it and zip it up, but it took time and effort, and wouldn't be suitable for quickly taking it out and putting it back in every time you want to use it.

Unfortunately, the exact size restrictions aren't given on Amazon, so I didn't know this until I tried it out. I then noticed that on the packaging are the max dimensions, explaining why my netbook wouldn't fit. I'll list them here for anyone's convenience:

MAX: 29 x 3.8 x 21.1 cm

If your netbook fits these dimensions, then I would fully recommend this product. But if not, then beware!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2014 4:31 PM BST

Nineteen Eighty-Four
Nineteen Eighty-Four
by George Orwell
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Nineteen Eighty-Four (Paperback)
I'm sure others have and will review this novel much more thoroughly than me, so I won't attempt to. Having said that, I wanted to express just how good this book is, and recommend it to anyone who vaguely enjoys literature.

Don't be put off if you are not particularly political, as I myself am not, or are afraid you won't understand it; even with little knowledge of political powers the world created by Orwell is brilliant (and quite frightening) to imagine, and the ideas inferred extremely clever and thought provoking.

Truly a classic that everyone should have read at some point in their lifetime!

SanDisk SDSDQU-032G-U46A MicroSDHC Ultra 32 GB Class 10 UHS-I 30 MB/s with SD Adapter (Label May Change)
Offered by PicStop
Price: 13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Mar 2013
Not much to say here- it did exactly what it should. I found it fairly easy to install into a smartphone, and since then I haven't experienced any problems with it at all.

Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 32GB USB Flash Drive - Purple
Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 32GB USB Flash Drive - Purple
Price: 8.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says, 31 Mar 2013
Simply put, this product is exactly what it says it is, hence the five star rating. For what I feel is a reasonable price, it is very compact, and protected efficiently by an attached swivelling metal lid, so you won't lose it. Using it seems easy enough, and I haven't had any problems with slow speeds. Very good.

SSX (Xbox 360)
SSX (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 6.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 31 Mar 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SSX (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Just a review to concur with others: if you're looking for a game that is true, over-the-top fun, then this is the game you want.

If you've ever played any SSX games before, this will surely not disappoint. If you haven't been lucky enough to play games from this series already, then here's your chance. SSX takes you all over the world on a variety of mountains, each with different styles, obstacles and challenges. Each track (and there are a lot) feels incredibly well made and crafted for your enjoyment, with several routes to fly down.

If you're expecting a realistic, serious game, then don't bother. But if you're looking for something to pass away hours at a time in an endless series of insane tricks and huge jumps, then this is a game for you.

Campbell Biology Plus Mastering Biology Student Access Kit
Campbell Biology Plus Mastering Biology Student Access Kit
by Jane B. Reece
Price: 58.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Mar 2013
A very good textbook for any Biology (be it general or more specialised) undergraduate. Easy to read and understand, but with plenty of detail on a vast variety of topics.

Biochemistry: International Edition
Biochemistry: International Edition
by Jeremy M. Berg
Price: 55.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 6 Nov 2012
I purchased this textbook shortly after starting university, where I am studying Biological Sciences. It has good, up to date information, and is well laid out with diagrams. Essentially what you'd expect from a good textbook.

York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set
York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, 18 July 2012
These came reasonably quickly, in about 2 days after dispatch. After opening I found that the set was exactly as shown on here, with all the parts present and in working order. As someone who is completely new to weights, the rubber grip was comfortable on the hands. I didn't personally experience any strong smell (as other reviews have mentioned) from the set. For now the plastic locks are fine, but metal ones are reasonably cheap if they do break. Despite the steep price cut to around 27, I can't see anything that's wrong with these dumbbells.