Profile for saki > Reviews

Crocs Junior Toddler Cayman Sea Blue 2 UK
Crocs Junior Toddler Cayman Sea Blue 2 UK
Offered by Brands Guru

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential year round kit, 4 Aug. 2011
I don't know what we would have done without them my sons have worn crocs since they were 3. Untterly indispensable.

Ginger Pig Meat Book
Ginger Pig Meat Book
by Fran Warde

4.0 out of 5 stars A varied selection, 18 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Ginger Pig Meat Book (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This cookbook contains an eclectic collection of recipes from around the world, all meat recipes - the format is clear but the photography is not as vibrant as I would have liked in a modern cookbook - I have tried a few and they were surprisingly authentic
The most valuable part of this book for me, is the meat cuts chapter where each animal is dissected with helpful drawings and discussions on the type of cooking method suitable for each cut.
Lots of old fashioned English recipes such as Lancashire hot pot, sausage rolls, Greek lamb moussaka, Chinese stir fries, Thai salads. And as each set of recipes is laid out by month, the wnter recipes contain lots of lovely warming casseroles.

TeckNet® New Apple iPad 4 & Apple iPad 3 Black Survivor Heavy Duty Cover with Stand Included Screen Protector
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jun. 2011
Perfect for the job, it fits beautifully and near invisible, at a fraction of the price of other cases ! Now I need to figure out how to cut a strip off it to accommodate the smart cover magnets - the magnets still work but not so strong through the plastic

These tecknet covers are just brilliant - I bought one for my OH for his iphone 4 despite his vehement opposition to using ANY sort of cover on his phone, saying guys dont use covers - but once I fitted it on he was so delighted, the grip was fantastic and just what he needed.

Straight and Crooked Thinking
Straight and Crooked Thinking
by Robert Henry Thouless

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for detecting false arguments, 29 May 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book has always graced the shelves of our library - my mother had a copy of this book and I was exhorted to read it as soon as I was able. The delivery of the book is rather dry but contains invaluable lessons in identifying the sort of fallacies fed you by politicians and others.

6-cell Li-ion 11.10V 4400mAh,Replacement Laptop Battery for SONY VAIO VGN-FZ1...
Offered by TradeMarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant price for a product that works!, 24 May 2011
My husband was despairing of getting a new battery for his laptop because of the high cost of Sony replacement batteries. I ordered this compatible clone for him ignoring his pessimism, and i must say he is delighted with it.

(Tip - to help your laptop battery have a long and productive life, make sure you take the power cable off occasionally and make your machine use its battery. Otherwise it will die a surprisingly quick and nasty death from under-use. This is what happened to my OH)

Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml
Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml
Offered by Activecare Online

4.0 out of 5 stars definitely works, sort of..., 24 May 2011
I am still unsure about what I think of bio oil - was introduced to it when I went to visit an aunt in Oz who insisted I use it on some scars I'd on my face from breakouts.( I liked it enough to buy my own bottle in the UK at a significantly cheaper price!)
I must say within a few days I could definitely see an improvement. However, a little goes a long long way, and if you were slightly generous with your application of the oil, you don;t realise it until you go out and it starts melting in the sun and running down your face. Best used at night, I'd say.
My skin which is very sensitive to anything with the slightest whiff of coconut in it, didn't have any bad reactions with this. Not sure if it will stop your skin from breaking out due to other factors - for instance, I ate a Thai curry during my holiday and got a rash all over my face (bcos of the coconut)that took simply ages to go away, in spite of using bio oil.

Bottom line - Works on scars, but doesn't prevent you from getting spots. Doesn't cause spots, though. That's an important distinction to make.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth (Book 5)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth (Book 5)
by Jeff Kinney

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put them down!, 11 May 2011
My son 8 who is an advanced reader took a while to accept these books because of the many illustrations - but having coaxed him into reading one, he devoured the rest and I think he found them really funny because I heard a lot of chuckles.

Exotic Tastes of Sri Lanka
Exotic Tastes of Sri Lanka
by Suharshini Seneviratne

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cookbook, 9 Aug. 2010
A great little book, with reliable recipes. Like any cook book, I tweaked the ingredients a little bit to suit me, for e.g. Baked crab - if you like to taste lots of crab, reduce the qty of potato you use.
I'm glad I bought it. However I find that the best ever recipes from Ceylon are in Charmaine Solomon's cookbooks - her Complete Asian Cookbook(thorough), The Curry Cookbook(brilliant), The Encyclopaedia of Asian Cooking, to name a few.

H20 Overture
H20 Overture
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant relaxation album, 11 July 2010
This review is from: H20 Overture (Audio CD)
Bought this in California in the 90's during a new age phase of mine - If you like the sound of water to relax by, then this is THE cd for you. It plays like a story while you follow the journey of the water through all its forms. I truly love this album and play it on my ipod every night. Try listening to the sound clips if you're not convinced.

Logitech N100 Laptop/ Notebook Cooling Pad
Logitech N100 Laptop/ Notebook Cooling Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible product - i would give it 10 stars!, 27 April 2010
To be honest I wasn't expecting much when I ordered this. Having a molten hot laptop was so scary that it made me go looking for something. I'd already lost over 3 toshiba laptops over the past five years (I suspect)due to overheating. This cooler is so quiet, and after a full day's work, my machine is so cool. Really. As if it has just come out of the fridge. Even the fan inside the laptop that has always been chugging and whirring in the past never seems to switch on any more.

Check the size of your notebook, though. It is quite small. Actual dimensions of the pad are 14 x 11 inches. (Remember laptop sizes are determined by the diagonal across the screen). My 14" fits niccely, with planty of room around the edges. The non slip grips stop your laptop from sliding off. If you have it on a desk, it is still quite comfortable to type, though a bit highter than you may be used to. You have to try it and see. No more burnt legs and knees when working from your bed.

One of my best buys this year.It's amazing. I'm buying two more for my husband and my six year old, to use with their machines.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8