Profile for Phil > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Anthems 1991-2008
Anthems 1991-2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sounds, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Anthems 1991-2008 (Audio CD)
They keep on coming as with all these albums you get quite a few tracks you don't want/like but none the less a good CD with good music with the advent of downloads perhaps the life of these compilation albums is limited.!!??

Glo-Toob Replacement Push
Glo-Toob Replacement Push

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Glo-Toob Replacement Push (Misc.)
I have several Glo Toobs used in a variety of applications generally involving getting wet, I bought three of these to replace the original end caps on Toobs I use when sub aqua diving so that the screw thread of the on/off switch isn't exposed to anything. The replacement push is a brilliant innovation I like the fact that it includes a recessed bit with a hole whereby you are able to thread some cord through it to enable tying onto something. It's not shown in the picture.
They took a while to come so if you're in a hurry order in plenty time though they did come in between the predicted dates 13th March to 29th March came on the 17th.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2014 3:22 PM BST

In Time: The Best of REM 1988 - 2003
In Time: The Best of REM 1988 - 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars REM, 14 Mar. 2014
I think this is probably their best album but everyone has their favourite. The tracks are timeless and will survive the test of time.

GP Batteries 192, AG3, LR41 Alkaline Button Cell (Pack of 10 cells)
GP Batteries 192, AG3, LR41 Alkaline Button Cell (Pack of 10 cells)
Offered by Electric Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Mar. 2014
Ordered these on line as they included free postage, by the time I had been to town & bought a similar battery I would have spent more in fuel getting them and a supermarket would only have had 2 in a blister pack, (I need three), their price will be twice the price for less batteries.
They were delivered earlier than the projected time and well packaged, really good service very very good price.

A Day in Your Life: 24 Hours Inside the Human Body
A Day in Your Life: 24 Hours Inside the Human Body
by Hilary Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected, 10 Mar. 2014
Saw Dr Hilary Jones on TV & his book was mentioned I thought it would be ideal for my Daughter to use with her 10 year old daughter who is asking questions.
Though the book is well written I think it is aimed at a young adult, I can't see a modern teenager ploughing through it, and it would be difficult for a parent to use it with a child.
It is written as a day in a family discussing various aspect of each person it mentions eyes, oestrogen, etc. If your looking for a book to help with a pre teenager, or young teenager I doubt this book is the one.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Mar. 2014
I have several of these for various applications in white and green, I have 2 green ones attached to mine and wife's Stability Jacket for sub aqua diving set to flash. We can see each other underwater the green doesn't spoil vision and have been to 40m neither have leaked. I also use the white one in my car as an emergency light, like wise I have one in my boat equipment. I have had mine several years now and other than battery replacement they have never failed. the ends need the occasional clean & I put the faintest amount of silicone grease on the thread, O seal, and end terminal of the cap. Much more eco friendly than the snap sticks

2.5 Litre Stainless Steel Portable Whistling Kettle DARK GREEN Camping Fishing
2.5 Litre Stainless Steel Portable Whistling Kettle DARK GREEN Camping Fishing
Offered by REMI DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 4 Feb. 2014
Bought this for my granddaughter to put on a campfire though looking at it, it looks too good quality to do that to. Came in plenty of time at a very good price.

Dirty Hits
Dirty Hits
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Dirty Hits (Audio CD)
Like all albums there's a few tracks I skip, this is my first album of theirs so can't comment on their other ones but I like this as does my 10 year old granddaughter. cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Friends Of Mr Cairo
The Friends Of Mr Cairo

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Friends Of Mr Cairo (Audio CD)
Jon & Vangelis at their best this album has some of their best ever music some of it quite haunting, I have the vinyl but bought the CD for the car & laptop timeless music.

Cricklewood Green
Cricklewood Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Cricklewood Green (Audio CD)
Reckon this must be their defining album, I'm sure that if they hadn't have toured the US as much as they did they would have been a bigger band than they were. Alvin Lee is as good (was should say as he died a couple of years back) as Eric Clapton or any of the contemporaries of the time. Had the vinyl LP and wore that out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20