Profile for A. Gardner > Reviews

Content by A. Gardner

A. Gardner (Bath, England)

Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker - SIlver
Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker - SIlver

5.0 out of 5 stars unbelievably great sounding speaker, 21 Mar 2014
this speaker is phenomenal, I had no idea how much I wanted it in my life until I had it set up and filling my flat with music - definitely at the high end of what I was prepared to spend but worth every penny - the size to sound ratio is amazing, it looks great, takes all of 30 seconds to set up and is obviously well put together - can't recommend highly enough

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou [DVD]
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, 1 Dec 2013
all I will say is that for me this is definitely a five star film, watch it and decide for yourself

Ride Out The Dark
Ride Out The Dark

5.0 out of 5 stars Ride Out The Dark, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Ride Out The Dark (Audio CD)
This is a cracking album - the guitar is the thing that first grabbed me, I cant't remember the last time that I heard an instrument played so fluently and the upbeat melodies really stick in your head - add into the mix a great female vocalist alongside vaguely psychedelic lyrics and the whole thing sounds fantastic - really hope that this band get the following they deserve.

Samsung ST66 Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars great little camera, 27 May 2012
I bought this yesterday and can't really fault it for the price - the size was its main appeal, I wanted something that would fit in my pocket, but the picture quality is fantastic and its a doddle to set up and use - the only minor issue I had was with the slightly pedestrian lag time at first but once you get used to how quickly it responds that really isn't a problem. In summary: great value; extremely compact and light weight; and bright, sharp picture quality. What more could you want?
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2013 9:40 PM BST

The Comfort Of Strangers
The Comfort Of Strangers
by Ian McEwan

4.0 out of 5 stars a book i have read (i had to put something), 9 July 2003
I would recommend this as a book to read in one sitting because once you've put it down you destroy all of the tension that McEwan works so hard to create.
He sets his story, like so many writers before him, in Venice and this proves the perfect backdrop for a compelling, shocking and rather grotesque read.
McEwan writes in a stark and realistic manner that is far removed from the rather wordy pretentiousnes of later novels like Atonement.
Although this is not for everyone the story has the sort of bite that I find missing in the majority of post modernist fiction.