Profile for Maureen > Reviews

Content by Maureen

Maureen

Malta and Gozo (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Malta and Gozo (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
by Neil Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful if planning a holiday., 15 Jan. 2013
Tells you a lot about Malta & it's sister island, Gozo. Read if you a planning to visit either of these.

Intelex Cozy Plush Microwaveable Warmer -  Seal
Intelex Cozy Plush Microwaveable Warmer - Seal

5.0 out of 5 stars This sweetie keeps my feet warm., 15 Jan. 2013
Easy to use - no need to be ultra careful as you do when filling a hot water bottle. Just put it in the microwave for 2 mins.

10 X LR44 A76 Alkaline Button Cell AG13 A76 L1154
10 X LR44 A76 Alkaline Button Cell AG13 A76 L1154
Offered by Sale2Save

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband purchased this item., 15 Jan. 2013
My husband was quite happy with this purchase. (Why do I have to write more words than I need to?)

Troublesome Words
Troublesome Words
by Bill Bryson

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - but not Bill Bryson's best by a long way!, 15 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Troublesome Words (Paperback)
More like a dictionary, instead of Bill's usual entertaining & amusing books. Ok I suppose, but you could just pick up a dictionary instead.

Brookstone 500A Jump Lead
Brookstone 500A Jump Lead
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Jump Lead, 15 Jan. 2013
I know nothing about jump leads, but purchased 2 for my hubby & son-in-law. They seem to think they are OK - hence my recommendation.

Famous Five: 7: Five Go Off To Camp
Famous Five: 7: Five Go Off To Camp
by Enid Blyton

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for granddaughter, 15 Jan. 2013
My 10 yr old granddaughter loves Enid Blyton (as I did when I was a kid) so I saw this on Amazon & purchased it for
her. She is delighted with it.

Guide to Bees & Honey: The World's Best Selling Guide to Beekeeping
Guide to Bees & Honey: The World's Best Selling Guide to Beekeeping
by Ted Hooper

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative book & quite amusing too!, 19 Sept. 2012
As a novice beekeeper, I found this book quite informative, but I was pleased to see that the author has a sense of humour as well. After giving you a lot of helpful information, he acknowledges (as I have found) that everyone has their own different ideas on how bees behave. He then amused me by saying that you should form your own opinions as bees can't read books and go their own way. A good book.

Franklin CWM-108 Crossword Puzzle Solver - Over 175,000 Solutions
Franklin CWM-108 Crossword Puzzle Solver - Over 175,000 Solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Does its' job OK, but a bit small., 6 Mar. 2012
I was disappointed to find out how small this crossword puzzle solver is when it arrived. However, it works fine and you just have to make sure you've got your glasses on when using it! Also, it can be a bit difficult to open if you shut it right up. Made for tiny fingers, not my big ones!

Icons of England
Icons of England
by Bill Bryson

2.0 out of 5 stars Bill Bryson only EDITS this book - he didn't actually write it!, 27 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Icons of England (Paperback)
I am the world's biggest fan of Bill Bryson, and I was really disappointed by this book. Perhaps it's not his fault, though. Amazon are advertising this as "Icons of England" by Bill Bryson. It was not written by Bill Bryson, it was written by about 100 other people who have contributed short stories about England and it was merely EDITED by Bill Bryson.

Very disappointing and badly described by Amazon.