Profile for John Harding > Reviews

Content by John Harding

John Harding "jharding22" (Macclesfield)

My Biggest Mistake #1 : Blackmailed by Anya (An Erotic Bdsm Story of Femdom)
My Biggest Mistake #1 : Blackmailed by Anya (An Erotic Bdsm Story of Femdom)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 Oct 2013
It's a short story that builds up nicely and finishes, with the promise of a second book to come.

The fetishes involved are not ones that particularly make me excited, but the writing was deliciously hot and the main scene raunchy; it held my attention.

I think it's a great little tale.

Infidelity for Beginners
Infidelity for Beginners
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars His first "failure", 30 Aug 2013
I'll put some cards on the table: I love Danny King's work, in general. School for Scumbags is one of my favourite books, the "Diaries" series are all fantastic and Milo's Run/Marauders are a pair of well crafted novels. I've recommended them all, as well the as Henchman's Book Club and even Blue Collar. I think Danny King is an amazing author and far better than the populist tripe that wins a lot of the plaudits.

So it really breaks my heart to write this; Infidelity for Beginners was awful. I had really high hopes for the book and stashed it away for my holiday but it never got going. I never got a "climax" to the book, and it was running on empty throughout.

There was his trademark delivery of style which I like, but clever phrasing and a smart voice are no alternative for a plot that never really delivers.

As an amateur author I know how it feels when someone doesn't like your work, and in general I adore Danny King's work, but this time, he didn't hit the jackpot, in my opinion.

200 km/h In The Wrong Lane
200 km/h In The Wrong Lane
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK
Price: 6.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer genius, 8 Jan 2004
This is undoubtedly one of the best albums in recent years, let down by the fact that there is only eight original tracks, with two songs also presented in the Russian version, and two remixes. The music is unique and fantastic. It is catchy and captivating music at its best.
It is true (unfortunately) that if it wasnt for the contraversial lesbian antics and furore it caused, we may never have heard of t.A.T.u., but their music talent is surely not without question on this album.
The Russian version of the songs are a nice touch, and there is more emotion and power in them, but I prefer the English versions. Great album - just need the sequel ;-)